homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree2225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-06-2011, 11:14 AM   #1726
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I didn't know saying ones statement is brave is considered as fanboyism. Oh well, times change...
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #1727
That Guy from Maine

Blasphemer is a glorious beacon of lightBlasphemer is a glorious beacon of lightBlasphemer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotisys View Post
Silly fanboys. Calm down. Like everyone else, I'm entitled to my own opinion. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but having heard 1m30s of every song on this album, I'm worried.
I'll try and keep my fanboyism to a minimum here

I think the biggest reason this album is crazy different from the last is the lack of Bulb. He did alot of work on the first album writing-wise, and worked pretty extensively with Tosin on the whole project. Maybe it's the lack of Bulbitude thats turning you off?
Broken_Hyren likes this.
Blasphemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 01:24 PM   #1728
Banned

ThePinealGland is a jewel in the rough
The previews sound pretty cool musically to me, for the most part... that distorted rhythm guitar tone though... that is pretty bad...
ThePinealGland is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #1729
SS.org Regular

anomynous has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemer View Post
I'll try and keep my fanboyism to a minimum here

I think the biggest reason this album is crazy different from the last is the lack of Bulb. He did alot of work on the first album writing-wise, and worked pretty extensively with Tosin on the whole project. Maybe it's the lack of Bulbitude thats turning you off?
That can't be it, because then it would be more Djenty
anomynous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #1730
☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠ ☠

Into Obsidian is just really niceInto Obsidian is just really nice
All those clips of the songs are killer, as for djenty?
Into Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #1731
SS.org Regular

ScottyB724 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotisys View Post
Unfortunately Javier's solo piece won't be on the album. You'd know that if you've heard the song samples. Here they are: Weightless by Animals As Leaders - Fairshare Music - the home of feelgood downloads

I'm not impressed, at all. Lots of silly djent riffing and guitar solo wankery...none of it is catchy or memorable. It's pretty clear to me that this album won't be as good as the last.

Have you heard the full album? No, I didn't think so. I was actually the one to first post the album samples in this thread, so trust me I have heard them multiple times. I am 99% positive that Javier's solo piece will indeed be on the album, if not, why would they display it in the studio video ?
They were 30 second clips and there are 6 minute+ songs. I'd bet the solo piece is used as an interlude at the beginning or end of a track.

Tosin can do no wrong, and Javier and Navene are both incredible musicians as well. This album will slay, they are the future of music.

/fanboyism
drmosh, guitareben, ROAR and 2 others like this.
ScottyB724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 05:31 PM   #1732
SS.org Regular

guitareben is a jewel in the rough
Pffft if the album doesn't work they just need to kidnap Bulb and have him in the band as well (Bulb and Tosin are an insane team :o )... But i doubt that it won't be good Cannot wait!

Gotta say too, they appear to have taken in some Jazz fusion kinda elements, ya know, exivious type stuff.... which makes it even more awesome And once again, pushing music (rather than trying to re-do the first album...)

but yea, it's going to be awesome
guitareben is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #1733
Sycamore Trees

Murdstone is a glorious beacon of lightMurdstone is a glorious beacon of lightMurdstone is a glorious beacon of light
It sounds like David could have Javier's solo piece in it.

The good thing about Chaotisys's post however is the link he posted for the samples has 1:30 samples rather than the :30 I knew about from Amazon.

So thank you
Murdstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #1734
ss.org Regular

Chaotisys will become famous soon enough
Yea, like the guy above me said, the samples I posted are brand new, 1:00 long, and entirely different from the first batch of :30 samples from a while ago. I don't want to sit here and argue about this, personally I REALLY hope Javier's solo piece is on the album because it's amazing. However, they could have just snuck in that clip of him practicing it for fun (Didn't you hear them whispering to eachother as they peeked through the door?) as these studio videos were taken before they went on tour. He could have simply been practicing it for the tour. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, they posted on their Facebook that they'll be releasing another new song in a few days. Here's to hoping it's better than Isolated Incidents. That song is WEAK.
Chaotisys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #1735
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Isolated Incidents is weak? What's gone into you guys?
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #1736
OVER THE LINE!

Wingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
those drums

Shono.........

ahead of his time
Wingchunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #1737
GHETTO KING OF SWAG

The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.The Reverend is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'm thoroughly looking forward to this album, but...

The same argument could be applied to us fanboys (no shame!). We don't know that the previews we heard weren't the pinnacle of every song. Just playing a little Devil's Advocate.

If you're going to 'like' my posts, give me some rep instead.

"
i just laughed at my own reflection, not sure if ugly or drunk" -Murmel

The Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 09:22 AM   #1738
ss.org Regular

Spence will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurkkuviipale View Post
It has a couple of pretty awesome riffs, but it just seems like it is just a bunch of them thrown together rather than a proper instrumental
Spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #1739
MORE RESTS!

Solodini is a glorious beacon of lightSolodini is a glorious beacon of lightSolodini is a glorious beacon of light
I like the melody of Isolated Incidents live but it doesn't sound nearly as good on the recording. I love it live, I'd say I dislike it on the recording. I didn't really like the first album initially so here's hoping Weightless will grow on me.

Check out my book: "Playing Guitar Musically: A Guide to Creativity on Guitar & Bass"
Buy the full book here. eBook - £5. Physical copies also available.
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/4063031-post14.html
PM me if you want to discuss it or just fancy a chat.

I also give lessons over Skype, Bandhappy and within the Lothians.
Solodini is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #1740
ss.org Regular

Chaotisys will become famous soon enough
I agree, I absolutely hate the way it sounds on the recording. I was pretty disappointed when they released it after watching so many live videos of it where it sounds so much better. The song itself has a couple parts I like, but overall it feels like an incomplete idea. I hope they release Odessa, that song sounds good from the samples.
Chaotisys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 03:29 PM   #1741
ss.org Regular

KingTriton will become famous soon enough
The problem with releasing a second album is that you already made a first one i guess hehe, obviously this album is a ton "heavier" then the first one, and i think its just logical and the samples are so ....ing intriguing i need to take a shit right now, THIS IS GONNA BE A WHOLE NEW ERA FOR ANIMALS AS LEADERS & MUSIC AND IM SOOOOO FUUUUCKING THRILLED, PREPARE YOUR ANUS! <3
KingTriton is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #1742
ss.org Regular

KingTriton will become famous soon enough
O M G

HEHEHEH just listened to Espera and i seriously think my counsioussnes(?) and soul took a quick trip to another farplane
Broken_Hyren likes this.
KingTriton is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2011, 09:21 AM   #1743
LTD supreme!

degge is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurkkuviipale View Post
That's a great song...
ScottyB724 likes this.

degge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 05:07 AM   #1744
The Care Cup's Empty

Psyy is a jewel in the rough
Isolated Incidents really didn't do it for me, I'm afraid. It was good, as Animals as Leaders will be inevitably, but it didn't truly hit me the same way 'Point to Point' did when I first found out about them. Going to reserve final judgment for when the album is released in its entirety, of course.
Broken_Hyren likes this.
Psyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 05:21 AM   #1745
:O

Cabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to beholdCabinet is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyy View Post
Isolated Incidents really didn't do it for me, I'm afraid. It was good, as Animals as Leaders will be inevitably, but it didn't truly hit me the same way 'Point to Point' did when I first found out about them. Going to reserve final judgment for when the album is released in its entirety, of course.
Oh man I love Point to Point. I think it's their most underrated track. Shame it's only like a minute long though.
Cabinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 06:22 AM   #1746
OVER THE LINE!

Wingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of lightWingchunwarrior is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinet View Post
Oh man I love Point to Point. I think it's their most underrated track. Shame it's only like a minute long though.
I think point to point is THE best track on the album.Its so unique and spine tingling.wish it was longer though
wannabguitarist likes this.

Shono.........

ahead of his time
Wingchunwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 06:39 AM   #1747
SS.org Regular

VILARIKA is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyy View Post
I think I read a comment by Nolly that said that the new AAL music doesn't have quality song structure, but the old AAL did because of Bulb. Still, the music is great, but maybe doesn't flow as well...

VILARIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #1748
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
^Pure opinion. don't set yours based on what someone else says man! I'm all for bulb's arranging style, but I also dont mind tosin's looser, "train of thought" structural form. When the album hits and all the riffage descends, I don't think too many people will be complaining anymore, one way or the other.
Broken_Hyren likes this.

"I think he actually means beach wood. As in driftwood. For a sound as huge as the ocean." - TomAwesome

"You can't solve a problem from the same level of paradigm that created it."
glassmoon0fo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 11:42 AM   #1749
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
It's going to be more fusion than djent, and I think some people just need to get over it

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 12:37 PM   #1750
Sleep on, Fly on

GSingleton is just really niceGSingleton is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Djent is a noise.

Preordered it. Nuff Said.

Music Facebook: www.facebook.com/grsingleton
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/gsingleton

Me:You could djent using a toothpick and aluminum foil.
Michael T: Aluminum + Djent = Alumidjent
Didn't Lace already do this....hmmmm
GSingleton is offline   Reply With Quote