homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree2225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-19-2011, 03:26 PM   #1601
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
AAL posted a Facebook status asking if we want to hear a new song so keep a look out!
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #1602
ss.org Regular

KingTriton will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah im ....ing dying over here man, hope they give us an infinite regression!
KingTriton is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 08:07 PM   #1603
Lone Axe-man

Slunk Dragon is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealEntity View Post
AAL posted a Facebook status asking if we want to hear a new song so keep a look out!
Just hearing one track would make me lose my damn mind.
Slunk Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 06:37 PM   #1604
SS.org Regular

metalheadblues will become famous soon enough
^ same here
This album will be mindblowing, the album preview is amazing
metalheadblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #1605
ss.org Regular

willow will become famous soon enough
Cant ....ing wait for Weightless to drop. I didnt see the preview videos before they got taken down but from hearing "Isolated Incidents" live i am fully impressed.

Does anyone have any decent quality live bootlegs out of interest?
willow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 07:00 PM   #1606
Needs more strings

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Just saw AAL support BTBAM. Brilliant! The live sound was a hell of a lot better than the last show I went to in Reading (and even that was good). Sounded absolutely perfect. They played quite a long set too That new song is really catching on with me. I wonder if that Javier clean solo piece is on the new album.

BTBAM played the entirety of Colours, with an encore of the first track from the new EP, Disease Injury Madness, Teen Spirit (really), and Selkies. Awesome
Unread 09-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #1607
ss.org Regular

gotnothing is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just saw AAL support BTBAM. Brilliant! The live sound was a hell of a lot better than the last show I went to in Reading (and even that was good). Sounded absolutely perfect. They played quite a long set too That new song is really catching on with me. I wonder if that Javier clean solo piece is on the new album.

BTBAM played the entirety of Colours, with an encore of the first track from the new EP, Disease Injury Madness, Teen Spirit (really), and Selkies. Awesome
Sounds like a killer show!
gotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #1608
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Looks like Tosin is playing a Mayones 8, sweet!

isispelican likes this.

"I think he actually means beach wood. As in driftwood. For a sound as huge as the ocean." - TomAwesome

Most women just pretend that Men are the crazy ones. trust me. But when the new Dark Age arrives and they need food and shelter they will be lining up to lay down and please for a handful of blackberries and a deer skin hat. Good luck with you both and remember "it's 187 on an undercover cop" - Some Guy on Facebook
glassmoon0fo is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #1609
SS.org Regular

Ninetyfour has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

COLOURS ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am excited.
Ninetyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #1610
ss.org Regular

RubenBernges is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassmoon0fo View Post
Looks like Tosin is playing a Mayones 8, sweet!
Yupp, I mentioned that two pages back. He was playing that Mayones in Hamburg last week as well, it's got a yellow flamed maple top. I hope he'll get around to posting a NGD on it soon.
RubenBernges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #1611
Needs more strings

Yeah I forgot to mention that guitar! It was really nice - had a view from literally straight infront of him
They played two gigs there in a row. That seems to be becoming a common thing at that venue, knowing they will sell out.
I think Dan from BTBAM blew his amp a few bars from the end of their set haha, forgot about that.
The guy who uploaded that video filmed the entirety of both nights, haha, nuts!
Unread 09-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #1612
Hi I'm Dan.

Dan_Vacant is a jewel in the rough
tosins mayones is Awesome looking I want to see a ngd for that
Dan_Vacant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2011, 06:20 PM   #1613
SS.org Regular

Javier's Axe-fx or his pedal board failed at some point tonight, also I think there was something wrong with the Mac they were using (click track?). They didn't play their whole set as planned, but .... it was marvellous.

Unread 09-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #1614
Awaiting Boden8

jsl2h90 is a jewel in the rough
im grabbing weightless as soon as it leaks, and i don't care what AAL or any of you think lol cause I will be buying the hard copy too. It's not my fault Tosin writes such incredible music. Those 30 second samples blew my mind.

-In Maya's Grip, Illusion Transforms Verity...
-Will sell every piece of gear I have for an 8-string Jackson soloist (JSL2H8?)
jsl2h90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #1615
Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator

DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.DDDorian harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsl2h90 View Post
im grabbing weightless as soon as it leaks, and i don't care what AAL or any of you think lol
Maybe you'll care a bit more if I give you the weekend to think about it?
XEN, Customisbetter, elq and 5 others like this.

ss.org on Twitter
ss.org on Facebook

Yeah, a lot of people are bugging their babies these days... I guess babies can't be trusted.
DDDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 01:12 AM   #1616
Needs more strings

Woop woop!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosthetic Records
PRE-ORDER THE NEW ANIMALS AS LEADERS ALBUM STARTING TOMORROW
"Weightless" coming in November on CD, LP, MP3; new song to be unveiled tomorrow

The "Weight" is over!

On Nov. 8 (Nov. 7 in the UK, Nov. 4 in mainland Europe), Prosthetic will release "Weightless," the long-awaited new album by ANIMALS AS LEADERS. Our pre-order at http://store.prostheticrecords.com will launch tomorrow at noon EST, but since you've ordered something AAL-related from us in the past, we wanted to give you both a heads-up about the pre-order and a sneak peek at what we'll be offering.

Our webshop will offer "Weightless" on both CD and vinyl. The CD is a six-panel, plastic-free "eco-style" digipak, while the LP will be available in three variants: clear (limited to 400 copies), "Weightless blue" (limited to 75 copies) and 180-gram black. All LPs will include a download card and come in a unique record jacket that features a die-cut rendering of the band's circular logo. (We won't have pictures of it for another few weeks, so apologies if that description doesn't do it justice. Just know it will look cool!)

We'll also offer two exclusive t-shirt designs -- one of which will be available in both white and black -- and an exclusive hoodie. All of these will be available on their own or with a CD or LP.

Then there's the "deluxe bundle," which will include both shirts, your choice of CD or LP, and a custom screen-printed poster that will only be available during the pre-order.

Again, all of the above will be available while supplies last at http://store.prostheticrecords.com starting tomorrow. While you're there, feel free to pick up one of the last remaining copies of the double-vinyl version of the band's self-titled debut, which features expanded artwork, 3-D imagery, the bonus track "Wave of Babies" and custom AAL 3-D glasses.

Finally, tomorrow will also see the official unveiling of a new song from "Weightless" called "Isolated Incidents." The band has been playing this song live over the past couple of months, and there are plenty of YouTube clips out there of varying degrees of quality -- but now you'll finally have the chance to hear the studio version of the song in its entirety. The band's graphic designer even created a cool video accompaniment for the song for us; hopefully you'll dig it as much as we do.

"Weightless" features the recording debut of guitarist Javier Reyes (who mixed the album) and drummer Navene Koperweis (who served as producer). Both have been integral parts of ANIMALS AS LEADERS since the group began touring two years ago. Stay tuned in the coming weeks for behind-the-scenes footage of Reyes and Koperweis recording "Weightless" with Tosin Abasi.

ANIMALS AS LEADERS is currently touring Europe with Between The Buried and Me. The two groups will join forces again for a North American tour that kicks off next month. For a complete list of the band's upcoming tour dates, visit the band's Facebook page.

Thanks for your continued support of Prosthetic and ANIMALS AS LEADERS!

Prosthetic Records
http://store.prostheticrecords.com
Unread 09-23-2011, 01:47 AM   #1617
SS.org Regular

anomynous has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yay, new song
anomynous is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 06:36 AM   #1618
ss.org Regular

Why the HELL would they give us that song that they have been playing live every night??? Give us something we havent heard for .... sake, im getting pissed on how bad they handle this new record release, and why is the previews on amazon down? Sorry ive just been so excited since monday when they posted on facebook and asked us if we wanted to hear a new song from weightless and then they decide that, hey lets just torture our fans and release that one that theyve heard a million times!
Unread 09-23-2011, 06:48 AM   #1619
ΩGJ :3

Alberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to behold
^ That's part of the marketing technique, I presume . Torture you, keep you interested and curious... When the album comes out, you won't wait a second to get it. I know I won't!
glassmoon0fo likes this.

Sum ergo cogito; cogito ergo dubito; dubito ergo cogito; cogito ergo sum.
Alberto7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #1620
prh
SS.org Regular

prh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud of
nice to see its no longer the 'tosin abasi experience' (not that there would be anything wrong with that ), which makes it that much more ridiculous of a band seeing how amazing javier and navene are too
prh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 08:39 AM   #1621
Needs more strings

Quote:
Originally Posted by prh View Post
nice to see its no longer the 'tosin abasi experience' (not that there would be anything wrong with that ), which makes it that much more ridiculous of a band seeing how amazing javier and navene are too

In regards to the marketing, I agree with Alberto. One song and the previews are enough - in fact, I kind of wish there had been nothing at all It would have been kind of cool not having any idea whatsoever of the direction the band were going to take, now that things have completely changed since the self titled.
Unread 09-23-2011, 08:40 AM   #1622
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by prh View Post
Quite the contrary last night, everybody was shouting, "Tosin! Tosin!" Then some guy shouted "and the other guy too!" It was pretty funny to be honest. Javier improvised during setups, he is brilliant though.
guitareben likes this.
Unread 09-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #1623
Pretty Your Petunia

brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/brutalwizard is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomynous View Post
Yay, new song
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTriton View Post
Why the HELL would they give us that song that they have been playing live every night???
hey everyone, i feel slow or something cause i cant for the life of me find a studio version of isolated incidents.

Check out my band

Facebook.come/forsythiaofficial

My youtube
youtube.com/therealgtarbeast666

I don't think that we ever thought of it as the equivalent of music, as the end-goal was to buy more in-game slut clothes-- schecterwhore on rock band

Im a super chill mellow ambient slut. --7 STRINGS OF HATE
brutalwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 10:32 AM   #1624
SS.org Regular

codync is on a distinguished road
It hasn't been released yet. I wonder if Prosthetic is going to screw the record release up like they did with Trap Them, or if they've learned their lesson. No way I'm paying $20+ for a record that's printed poorly.
codync is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #1625
ss.org Regular

Well according to prostethic they will release Isolated Incidents tomorrow, but i just cant understand why they dont give us a song wich we havent heard, that would be a smarter move marketing wise i think. Even though the previews are designed to do that i just think that after all these days releasing isolated incidents is a smack in the face for all the fans that wants to hear something new when they obv gonna purchase the record anyway. i dont know.. at least i wanna be able to hear the prewievs again..