homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree2218Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-10-2010, 03:43 AM   #851
ss.org Regular

animalsasleader has much to be proud ofanimalsasleader has much to be proud ofanimalsasleader has much to be proud ofanimalsasleader has much to be proud ofanimalsasleader has much to be proud ofanimalsasleader has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassmoon0fo View Post
YES SIR. repped

The new album is GOING to be different, that's a given. I personally dont care if the drums are sampled, or navene decides to blood-fart into a compression mic. AAL has already put out what i consider to be the most complete and fulfilling album in recent metal history, and when you hit the mark that dead-on, the only thing you can really do is go a different way. take, for instance, smashing pumpkins' Mellencollie double disc (for those of you that like 90's alt), it was GREAT, organic and deeply colorful. the only thing they could do after an album that great was to go with a completely drum-tracked, dark and cold effort like Adore, because if it was anything like the previous album, people would say "they fell short" or some bullshit like that. I love that music moves people to such passion, but it gets old when people criticize a TRUE artist's development. no self-respecting mucisian writes to satisfy an audience anyway.
Spot on.
animalsasleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-10-2010, 08:10 AM   #852
Quintessentially So

Kairos is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So anyone know what drums, shell sizes Navine uses?
Kairos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #853
SS.org Regular

Kavnar is a jewel in the rough
Animals as leaders CAFO

.... yes

Sorry if this is a repost, I couldn't find anything.
Kavnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #854
love & peace!

Cyntex is just really niceCyntex is just really nice
watch it at 720 px

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
Cyntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #855
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The video has been posted three times. We all love Animals as Leaders and Tosin, but we don't need to post it three times in two pages.

The video ....ing rules, though. The creature is actually just my penis. No big deal.

Tosin is easily the snappiest dresser in music. No one looks that good. Why does he have to taunt me so? His flawless tapping blows my mind. He has such perfect execution and seems to do it so effortlessly.
josh pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #856
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
I was actually looking for the high quality version of the video so the last post with the video was pretty useful tbh...
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 07:23 AM   #857
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Yeah, I noticed it was the high definition version, but Kavnar said he couldn't find the video. He couldn't have looked very hard.

I'm not trying to make a big deal or anything, I'm just being "that guy".
Unread 11-12-2010, 10:48 AM   #858
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Kavnar didn't see this thread and made a new one that was moved over in this thread.
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #859
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurkkuviipale View Post
Kavnar didn't see this thread and made a new one that was moved over in this thread.
WELL THEN.

Carry on.
Unread 11-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #860
love & peace!

Cyntex is just really niceCyntex is just really nice
Slightly offtopic, but for what it's worth check out prosthetic records youtube channel, they have a lot of cool videos besides Cafo on

. I actually liked the video, exactly that futuristic vibe I was hoping they would go for.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
Cyntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #861
SS.org Regular

DanielKRego is a jewel in the rough
Wow. That video was awesome. Although some of the animal shots got tedious after a while.

My global profile: www.gravatar.com/DanielKRego

Demonic Resurrection - Melodic/progressive blackened death metal from India.
Winners of Metal Hammer UK Golden Gods 2010 Global Metal Award.

www.demonicresurrection.in

Music reviewer/writer at Sea of Tranquility. PM for requests.
DanielKRego is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #862
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
The video is indeed awesome......but it makes me hunger for more instructional material from Tosin......a great big DVD full of odd meter, tapping, sweeping and all the other stuff we all admire him for.

In the meantime - I'll listen to the album for the second time today and point out that currently this has surpassed the amount of times I've listened to Passion and Warfare since it's release

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
ShadyDavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 01:55 PM   #863
?!

s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/s_k_mullins is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Just watched the video for 1st time. Very awesome!

PRS Mark Tremonti 10-top

Music Man JPX6 (w/ roasted neck
)
Music Man JPX6 (red sparkle)
Carvin DC727

G&L ASAT Classic

Gibson Thunderhorse Explorer

Ibanez Prestige RG3250MZ

Ibanez Premium RG920QM

PRS SE Mike Mushok Baritone

EVH 5150 III -> Mesa Rectifier 212
Fender Super-Sonic 112 combo
s_k_mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #864
ss.org Regular

Steve08 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
So anyone know what drums, shell sizes Navine uses?
I'm pretty sure he uses DW drums (or at least, he was using a DW kit in that video of him playing Tempting Time). Dunno the shell sizes though.
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #865
Quintessentially So

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve08 View Post
I'm pretty sure he uses DW drums (or at least, he was using a DW kit in that video of him playing Tempting Time). Dunno the shell sizes though.
Thanks, it does look like a DW in that video. I just wasn't sure if anyone know the wood type sizes. Surly someone here has asked him at a show.
I just asked at the worst time since the CAFO video just got posted!
Unread 11-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #866
Washing your dishes.

Malkav is just really niceMalkav is just really nice
I've just looked through this whole thread and couldn't find the answer I was hoping for, I'm sorry if it's been asked before but I was just wondering if anyone knows what gauge and string brand Tosin uses?
Malkav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 07:42 AM   #867
Some Say...

glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/glassmoon0fo is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkav View Post
I've just looked through this whole thread and couldn't find the answer I was hoping for, I'm sorry if it's been asked before but I was just wondering if anyone knows what gauge and string brand Tosin uses?
I know its an .080 for the low E, and i think i remember reading somewhere that someone asked him the same question on tour and he said he recently moved up to a set of 11s . dont know how cridible that is, especially since youd have to strangle a 27'' scale with 11s tuned to standard.

"I think he actually means beach wood. As in driftwood. For a sound as huge as the ocean." - TomAwesome

Most women just pretend that Men are the crazy ones. trust me. But when the new Dark Age arrives and they need food and shelter they will be lining up to lay down and please for a handful of blackberries and a deer skin hat. Good luck with you both and remember "it's 187 on an undercover cop" - Some Guy on Facebook
glassmoon0fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #868
Quintessentially So

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassmoon0fo View Post
I know its an .080 for the low E, and i think i remember reading somewhere that someone asked him the same question on tour and he said he recently moved up to a set of 11s . dont know how cridible that is, especially since youd have to strangle a 27'' scale with 11s tuned to standard.
He barely ever bends, and when he does, I don't think any more than a half step. So 11's sound somewhat reasonable.
Unread 11-15-2010, 07:57 AM   #869
7ibrarian

ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.ShadyDavey is pretty damn metal.
I guess it's fairly credible as by his own admittance he doesn't bend very often and I suspect his action is very low....then again, that is a mighty string tension and perhaps the move was by way of an experiment?

Would love to find the definitive answer

While raping a bear in Yellowstone and snorting coke out of a freshly-dead baby's skull, I finally felt that I had found my calling and built a time machine out of Iraqi WMDs and LOTS OF HEMP WHOA. Using this time machine I went back in time and shot JFK from outer ....ing space. I am now your god - Jeff
.....and then all of a sudden he drops the musical equivilant of a steaming turd right in our laps - ESP Griffyn
Unread 11-15-2010, 08:15 AM   #870
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Dunno, I can bend just fine with .13s on my 28" baritone
drmosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #871
Quintessentially So

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyDavey View Post
perhaps the move was by way of an experiment?
Such a think string gauge is common for jazz guitar, and seeing how Tosin is so jazzy it really wouldn't surprise me if he was using .11's, I bet his lead tone is HUUGE
Unread 11-15-2010, 09:31 AM   #872
Que te jodas.

RaceCar is a jewel in the rough
Is it just me or does "Waves of Babies" rock RIDICULOUSLY HARD?!?!?! Seriously I am obsessed with this song. CAN'T wait to see them here in Detroit on the 20th.

Don't take anything too seriously. It's just life!
RaceCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #873
Star-stuff

JordanLee is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkav View Post

I asked Tosin this in my lesson with him back in August. He said they recently gauged up, playing .11s with .74/.80 on the low B, and E, respectively. I've gauged up on my 2228 to .10s with a low .76, but am going to make the jump to the .11s-.80 soon. It's true that jazz dudes play thick strings (most of my jazz friends use .13s or.14s in STANDARD, but it's never felt that comfortable for me.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #874
7ibrarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
Such a think string gauge is common for jazz guitar, and seeing how Tosin is so jazzy it really wouldn't surprise me if he was using .11's, I bet his lead tone is HUUGE
Oh I know it's common for Jazzers - I'm just suprised at such a heavy gauge on a 27" scale. Jeff Loomis just dropped down a set to 9's on his 26.5" Schecter through increasing discomfort so it makes you wonder

Unread 11-16-2010, 02:05 AM   #875
ΩGJ :3

Alberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to beholdAlberto7 is a splendid one to behold
^^ Then again, Jeff Loomis' playing style is completely different from Tosin's... Loomis bends like a bitch and his vibratos require indecent amounts of control over the strings bending.

Sum ergo cogito; cogito ergo dubito; dubito ergo cogito; cogito ergo sum.
Alberto7 is offline   Reply With Quote