homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree503Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #101
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You mean Orion Once Again.

Also he played Shade on the latter part of that vid... man that solo can melt any face. I've actually borrowed bits off that for my latest recording...
Bloody_Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #102
edxgxsrfrz

Psychobuddy is just really nicePsychobuddy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by indrangelion View Post
I may have translated this incorrectly, but...

I believe Leda will be releasing an instructional DVD!!! According to his twitter entry. Official announcement will be made on their site soon
You sir, have made my day. Well actually probably my week but whatever.
Psychobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 04:17 PM   #103
Fapping to J-rock

Murmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to beholdMurmel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
You mean Orion Once Again.

Also he played Shade on the latter part of that vid... man that solo can melt any face. I've actually borrowed bits off that for my latest recording...
Yes I meant Orion Once Again. For some reason I can never get into my head that it's ORION not ORICON

Schecters don't have baseball bat necks.
Get the .... over it.

"I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." -metallisuk

Shono, forever and always.
Murmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 05:07 PM   #104
Ikebana Noise Club

ry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by indrangelion View Post
That rhythm tone =

It has an awesome twanginess to it.

You bite at TVs, what do they taste like?
Last.fm
ry_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 11:05 PM   #105
You guys are funny

indrangelion is a glorious beacon of lightindrangelion is a glorious beacon of lightindrangelion is a glorious beacon of light
The Cygnus is very strat-like. Me thinks it's the most unStrat looking Strat

Anyways, it's now official:
Leda

DVD Cover:

Coming out sometime in July. CAN'T ....ING WAIT

ry_z, Murmel, Guitarman700 and 1 others like this.

So long, losers.

Enjoy your Bare Knuckles, fanned frets, Axe fx II, and Djentprogmathcore bands.

Over and out.
indrangelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #106
ss.org Regular

eveningninja is on a distinguished road
So, I want to buy the Deluhi Live Blitzkrieg DVD, but the only ones I've found on yesasia and cdjapan are Region 2 (or so it seems). Do they not sell one that is compatible for Region 1?

Thanks guys.

-edit: Also, that Leda DVD Instructional looks tight. Are there gonna be subs? I'd still watch it anyway even if there weren't, but that'd be cool to actually understand him XD

-edit 2: And did the guy who ordered the Cygnus ever get it? How is it? I want one but maybe I'll go for a Phoenix since I don't think I can afford the Cygnus right now XD
eveningninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM   #107
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eveningninja View Post
-edit: Also, that Leda DVD Instructional looks tight. Are there gonna be subs? I'd still watch it anyway even if there weren't, but that'd be cool to actually understand him XD
Highly unlikely on the subs. I'm struggling on the Janne Da Arc You instructional DVD. Somebody out there may fansub it but again, too much of a niche market.

Quote:
-edit 2: And did the guy who ordered the Cygnus ever get it? How is it? I want one but maybe I'll go for a Phoenix since I don't think I can afford the Cygnus right now XD
You can ask Indra himself.
Unread 06-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #108
You guys are funny

indrangelion is a glorious beacon of lightindrangelion is a glorious beacon of lightindrangelion is a glorious beacon of light
As pointed out by Bloody_Inferno (thanks mate), I did get that Cygnus. Just arrived today actually. Click his link to see some pictures of it

Quote:
So, I want to buy the Deluhi Live Blitzkrieg DVD, but the only ones I've found on yesasia and cdjapan are Region 2 (or so it seems). Do they not sell one that is compatible for Region 1?
I bought my copy of Blitzkrieg from CDJapan, and it is REGION:ALL. So you'll be alright.

So long, losers.

Over and out.
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #109
ss.org Regular

^ Sweet. Actually, is the one on YesAsia only Region 2? It seems to be listed for a cheaper price. What did the price of the DVD come out to on CDJapan for you once tax/shipping/conversion happened and everything? It'll be well worth the money haha, but I'm just curious if there's any difference between the price of the two sites.

Also, another question: on those CD+DVD singles they sell (such as The Farthest), what is on the DVD? Just the PV or is there any additional/live footage or something?

Thanks!

Deluhi 4 life (in my heart they're still together)
Unread 06-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #110
You guys are funny

Quote:
^ Sweet. Actually, is the one on YesAsia only Region 2? It seems to be listed for a cheaper price. What did the price of the DVD come out to on CDJapan for you once tax/shipping/conversion happened and everything? It'll be well worth the money haha, but I'm just curious if there's any difference between the price of the two sites.

Also, another question: on those CD+DVD singles they sell (such as The Farthest), what is on the DVD? Just the PV or is there any additional/live footage or something?

Thanks!

Deluhi 4 life (in my heart they're still together)
Hmm I doubt that Deluhi even bothered to release the DVD in 2 different formats. Most of their recent DVD releases are REGION: ALL, so the one on YesAsia should be the same as well. If you're not sure though, you could try and ask them directly via email. The one I bought from CDJapan adds up to AUD$60 including shipping. I always go with CDJapan because they're very reliable in their handling and shipping times, and plus you can collect points with every purchase which can go towards your future purchases.

With the CD/DVD singles, most of them only contain the PV itself. I think the only one that comes with additional live footage is the Fool's Mate Edition of Two Hurt (the blue one). And then there are a couple of special DVDs which were only sold on their live venues. Like the making of Frontier, making of Departure, making of Farthest, Proclamation of Deluhism, and Another Blitzkrieg.

So long, losers.

Over and out.
Unread 06-15-2011, 03:07 PM   #111
ss.org Regular

Sweet, I'll prob order from CDJapan then just to be sure. Cuz on YesAsia it specifically says it's Region 2, so I'm kind of scared XD

By the way, how is the quality of the DVD? Good quality video/audio? I want to enjoy this experience on my big screen TV with 5.1 surround sound and just want to be sure it can do all that to a good extent before I order (because I do want to save money for an awesome amp)
Unread 06-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #112
You guys are funny

It is a great DVD, I regretted nothing The sound quality is great but the only downside is that they filmed it in standard ratio (4:3. Not widescreen).

So long, losers.

Over and out.
Unread 06-16-2011, 04:59 AM   #113
ss.org Regular

Ah okay cool. I'll be ordering it very soon then.

So, about Leda using the 2203KK amp... being like a JCM800 with a boost, it is like... supposed to sound really harsh and thrashy right? Well, with "The Beast" mode on, it sounded so damn trebley and bite-y to me. Like I wanted to turn the Treble down to 9 o'clock and even then it was like whoa. But with The Beast Mode disabled, it sounded a bit weak. I dunno, something felt wrong to me. But it was a new amp so I had no choice but to just not like the amp, sadly.

But Leda's tone doesn't sound super treble-y, so I don't really get it. I had the bass pumped to like 2 o'clock, mids, at 12 o'clock, and the treble near 9 or 10 o'clock. Presence around 12 o'clock. Gain set appropriately. It just didn't sound very good to me, but I do like Leda's tone so I don't understand. The JCM2000 TSL100 was awesome though. I'm gonna try it again tomorrow with a different guitar of mine (have to head back in that direction anyway to go buy my Children of Bodom tickets lol).
Unread 06-16-2011, 10:43 AM   #114
You guys are funny

What sort of cab did you run it through? I remember I had it running through a Marshall 1960B 4x12, Beast On, Gain 1 o clock, gate at 1, and assault at 9, can't remember the rest. Oh and an OD-3 just for a little boost.

To be fair though, Aggy plays a major role in Deluhi's sound. The thickness in their overall sound is all because of Aggy. Crank up the bass on the EQ when you get the DVD, to hear what he's actually playing.

If you are planning on using only the guitar to achieve the same thickness and chunk, the JCM2000 is a good solution. I remember relying on that amp for a few years during my metalcore phase

So long, losers.

Over and out.
Unread 06-17-2011, 11:58 PM   #115
ss.org Regular

Running through my Orange 2x12 cab w/ V30's. I do think I'm gonna go for the JCM2000 TSL100. I am debating between that and the Peavey JSX. You ever played the JSX? It is similar to the JCM2000 in my opinion except the JSX has more low end, and seems a bit more versatile. But there's something characteristic about the JCM's sound that I just really love, so I dunno...
Unread 06-21-2011, 05:55 PM   #116
ss.org Regular

Gio18 is on a distinguished road
Hmm so whats a good way to get a good deluhi/versailles tone(sorry to barge in this thread but i would just like to get a basic idea)
Gio18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 05:16 AM   #117
Wandering No Life

scion26 is a jewel in the rough
Is there a possibility if anyone of u guys will go to the Shibuya C.C Lemon Hall last concert - -?
scion26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2011, 06:45 AM   #119
Wandering No Life

scion26 is a jewel in the rough
Wow....maybe I got some "friend" to go with then afterall lol

Well, it is still unsure if me/Indra can possibily go or not....we will see - -

Edit after confirming Indra's sig: Oh, he is going on 7/28, not 8/7.......well, nvm
scion26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #120
Silence is Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio18 View Post
Hmm so whats a good way to get a good deluhi/versailles tone(sorry to barge in this thread but i would just like to get a basic idea)
Haven't listen to enough Versailles to get a proper grasp of their tone. Deluhi on the other hand...

On earlier posts of this thread, Indra and I were discussing Leda's tone. It's surprisingly bright and trebly (and it's incredibly apparent on the instructional vid preview that was posted earlier). It's slightly bassy but scooped just right so it's still crushing. I earlier described it as almost like an old school thrash metal sound. So it comes to no surprise that Leda's using super high output pickups like the L-500 and the Dimebucker on Mahogany guitars plugged into a Marshall Kerry King sig (with the beast mode always turned on) - they're choices that point to the thrash style tone, and in fact most members in this forum will probably hate. Leda also uses an OD to boost it too.

Getting that tone varies in your gear. But a high output pickup with a high gain amp is a good start. I've dialed a similar tone on my Peavey XXX rhythm channel boosted with a Vox Ice 9 wth these settings:

Treble - 8
Middle - 5
Bass - 7
Gain - 5.5
Volume - whatever

Yes it's rather scooped. But the Peavey XXX has more mids on tap to still sound good with scooped settings. And the Ice 9 adds even more mids too. Just don't scoop too much otherwise you'll sound too thin. Indra's probably dialled in closer to Leda's tone that I have (he has the Cygnus after all).

Experiment with what you have and see how you go.

Also, I've had this song stuck in my head and it's been on constant repeat.

And also another tuning question (prolly Indra would know): the song Recall. It sounds like it was recorded with either Eb Standard or Drop C#. There are 2 covers that exist on Youtube. One was in Eb Standard and the other one's in D Standard.

I've figured most of the song and it's quite doable with either Standard or Dropped tuning (no real compromise in voicings, just different fretboard positions). I'm just curious on the official tuning. Or would Leda play this song live in Drop C?

Normally, I'm not nitpicky about stuff like this, but I'm learning the song and the two solos are absolutely stellar.
Unread 07-05-2011, 02:56 AM   #121
You guys are funny

Whoa haven't been on here in a while Missed quite a fair few it seems.

Quote:
Judging Indra's sig on the bmusic forums... sounds like he is. Bastard.
Yup, I won the lottery for their 27/7 Shibuya show. Not their very last one which is the 7/8. Bit of a cop out for me I reckon, since we all thought that 27/7 was going to be their last. But oh wel...

Quote:
Wow....maybe I got some "friend" to go with then afterall lol

Well, it is still unsure if me/Indra can possibily go or not....we will see - -

Edit after confirming Indra's sig: Oh, he is going on 7/28, not 8/7.......well, nvm
Actually, I'm organising a meet-up with a fellow from Hong Kong as well. He's attending the 27/7 show, so if you're in the area during that time, stop by and say hi to us

Quote:
On earlier posts of this thread, Indra and I were discussing Leda's tone. It's surprisingly bright and trebly (and it's incredibly apparent on the instructional vid preview that was posted earlier). It's slightly bassy but scooped just right so it's still crushing. I earlier described it as almost like an old school thrash metal sound. So it comes to no surprise that Leda's using super high output pickups like the L-500 and the Dimebucker on Mahogany guitars plugged into a Marshall Kerry King sig (with the beast mode always turned on) - they're choices that point to the thrash style tone, and in fact most members in this forum will probably hate. Leda also uses an OD to boost it too.

Getting that tone varies in your gear. But a high output pickup with a high gain amp is a good start.
Spot on. I've always likened Leda's tone to Gary Holt's but with less scoop on mids and more bass. If that makes sense

I don't have an amp at the moment, so I dialled in that tone you hear on my cover video with a Digitech RP355. I can't remember the exact settings, but I'll look into that later for you. I used a Recto model along with a 4x12 bassman cab simulation for extra bottom end. A bit of reverb and some compression. But it's true that it kind of depends on the guitar you're using. It sounds very bright and very very close to leda's tone with my Cygnus, but on my other guitars it sounds a bit meh.

Quote:
And also another tuning question (prolly Indra would know): the song Recall. It sounds like it was recorded with either Eb Standard or Drop C#. There are 2 covers that exist on Youtube. One was in Eb Standard and the other one's in D Standard.
There are two versions of Recall. One that was recorded for their first mini album (which was in Eb standard), and the re-recorded version in 2009 (which was in standard D). He used standard D during the live I went to. I noticed less fretboard traveling. He probably did a quick stroll around the darkened backline while tuning his sixth string up before playing this song. He went to a solo after the song and probably kept this tuning for that. And a quick break followed afterwards, which should be enough time for him to go backstage and tune back down.

So long, losers.

Over and out.
Unread 07-05-2011, 11:54 AM   #122
優れた

ArtDecade has much to be proud ofArtDecade has much to be proud ofArtDecade has much to be proud ofArtDecade has much to be proud ofArtDecade has much to be proud ofArtDecade has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry_z View Post
That rhythm tone =

It has an awesome twanginess to it.
Kinda reminds me a bit of Paul Gilbert's tone with his signature pickups.

"Excellent!"
ArtDecade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #123
ss.org Regular

Gio18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Haven't listen to enough Versailles to get a proper grasp of their tone. Deluhi on the other hand...

Getting that tone varies in your gear. But a high output pickup with a high gain amp is a good start. I've dialed a similar tone on my Peavey XXX rhythm channel boosted with a Vox Ice 9 wth these settings:

Treble - 8
Middle - 5
Bass - 7
Gain - 5.5
Volume - whatever

Yes it's rather scooped. But the Peavey XXX has more mids on tap to still sound good with scooped settings. And the Ice 9 adds even more mids too. Just don't scoop too much otherwise you'll sound too thin. Indra's probably dialled in closer to Leda's tone that I have (he has the Cygnus after all).

Experiment with what you have and see how you go.

Also, I've had this song stuck in my head and it's been on constant repeat.

I've figured most of the song and it's quite doable with either Standard or Dropped tuning (no real compromise in voicings, just different fretboard positions). I'm just curious on the official tuning. Or would Leda play this song live in Drop C?

Normally, I'm not nitpicky about stuff like this, but I'm learning the song and the two solos are absolutely stellar.
sweet ok since i cant get the leda sig i was thinking of getting a phoenix and just replacing the pickups and do you think a 6505 can get the leda type of tone?
Gio18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #124
Silence is Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio18 View Post
sweet ok since i cant get the leda sig i was thinking of getting a phoenix and just replacing the pickups and do you think a 6505 can get the leda type of tone?
I can get pretty close with my Xiphos through a Triple XXX so I'm sure a 6505 can get a tone close to Leda's. It all goes down to tweaking.

On a side note, I love how the second solo on Recall channels a Syu influence.
Unread 07-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #125
You guys are funny

Check out Deluhi's official Youtube page for previews of the re-recorded songs off VANDALISM. You can also find a snippet of their new song as well

http://www.youtube.com/user/DELUHIofficial

So long, losers.

Over and out.