homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-18-2010, 08:08 AM   #76
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We should also cover something old school and make it slammy... like Anthrax. Or Pantera.
josh pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-18-2010, 11:47 PM   #77
Jessofperdition

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have roughly 1 and a half songs written for this already.

I need an email address to send these gpro tabs too though guys.

"Statement 1: Animals of two different species (not to mention entirely different orders) is now considered natural.
Statement 2: Man is an animal.
Statement 3: I'm booking a flight to Antarctica.
Statement 4: None of your damn business why." -Xaios
tacotiklah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 12:29 AM   #78
SS.org Regular

Antimatter is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh pelican View Post
We should also cover something old school and make it slammy... like Anthrax. Or Pantera.
You've gotta rename it something grind/slammy too
Anthrax's "Madhouse" becomes Feculent Urethral Discharge's "Human Slaughterhouse"
Antimatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 03:14 AM   #79
SS.org Regular

CapenCyber is just really niceCapenCyber is just really nice
Quote:
Haha, I loved that video!

My gore band have just made a similarly silly video:

We have another song uploaded at :Gout on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
CapenCyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2010, 08:20 AM   #80
Banned

josh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud ofjosh pelican has much to be proud of
ghost - You have received a private message.

Cyber - Hilarious. We'll have to do a split, too!
Unread 10-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #81
SS.org Regular

CapenCyber is just really niceCapenCyber is just really nice
Quote:
ghost - You have received a private message.

Cyber - Hilarious. We'll have to do a split, too!
You got it, 3 way split maybe?!
CapenCyber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #82
Jessofperdition

tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.tacotiklah is the epitome of metal.
Enjoy the songs guys. Lemme know if you guys need help with anything else.

How you enjoying the songs so far?

"Statement 1: Animals of two different species (not to mention entirely different orders) is now considered natural.
Unread 10-21-2010, 12:19 AM   #83
I play drums!

SYLrules88 is just really niceSYLrules88 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
are you fellas dead set on programming the drums? im probably not fast enough for what you would need but i thought id ask anyway.

Agile AL-727 EB
Carvin V3
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion G12K-85s

SYLrules88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 12:48 AM   #84
surrounded by chairs

groph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud of
Well for our preliminary rough stuff yeah we'll probably program them. We have a drummer who is eligible but he's generally unmotivated as hell so we'll get back at you guys (possibly have an audition) if we need a drummer.
groph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 08:55 AM   #85
Banned

Haha, poor Jason.

Adam - Unfortunately my laptop has shit itself and I cannot open them in Guitar Pro. I am having it fixed tonight or tomorrow so I'll let you know, haha.

Cyber - A three way split would rule. We'll have to set that shut up in the future.

Geoff and I have already agreed that we're going to make a $5 music video... or cheaper. We will do little to no editing. I have two buddies that do special effects with fake blood, limbs, etc. We will also need a few dead people and a girl to get mutilated. We will have really short clips of the band playing, shots of old people, cats playing the instruments, dogs humping, and random
gratuitous shots of meat hanging on hooks.

My bass is now string with a set of Circle K Strings. The tension is perfect for BF#BE, but dropping it to BEAD still sounds pretty good. Thet ension is obviously a little looser. If I end up disliking it, I'll just tune back up and play two notes down from Geoff.

I have new EMG 35DC's as well, I just need to get them installed.

Slam jam Saturday! I've got a few little riffs so hopefully we can get a full song... or 10.
Unread 10-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #86
surrounded by chairs

groph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud ofgroph has much to be proud of
Quote:
Haha, poor Jason.

Adam - Unfortunately my laptop has shit itself and I cannot open them in Guitar Pro. I am having it fixed tonight or tomorrow so I'll let you know, haha.

Cyber - A three way split would rule. We'll have to set that shut up in the future.

Geoff and I have already agreed that we're going to make a $5 music video... or cheaper. We will do little to no editing. I have two buddies that do special effects with fake blood, limbs, etc. We will also need a few dead people and a girl to get mutilated. We will have really short clips of the band playing, shots of old people, cats playing the instruments, dogs humping, and random
gratuitous shots of meat hanging on hooks.

My bass is now string with a set of Circle K Strings. The tension is perfect for BF#BE, but dropping it to BEAD still sounds pretty good. Thet ension is obviously a little looser. If I end up disliking it, I'll just tune back up and play two notes down from Geoff.

I have new EMG 35DC's as well, I just need to get them installed.

Slam jam Saturday! I've got a few little riffs so hopefully we can get a full song... or 10.
Excellent. I have my Ipod prepared with Mortician's Final Bloodbath Session, Amputated Genitals, Execration, Cock and Ball Torture, and the other sick essentials. Listening to Mortician is just inspiring.

Could you be able to tune to Drop A on occasion? At least just the lowest string? I can't really go down to A standard and Drop A is still a little flaccid but manageable.
Unread 10-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #87
Banned

Tuning to A isn't a problem at all. I like to use that when writing with my guitar because I ....ing hate power chords.

Hey, have you ever installed pickups on your own? I want to get these new pickups in this weekend without having to drop it off and wait for some tech to do it. I have solder and a soldering gun. I've just never done it by myself.
Unread 10-21-2010, 05:30 PM   #88
surrounded by chairs

Quote:
Tuning to A isn't a problem at all. I like to use that when writing with my guitar because I ....ing hate power chords.

Hey, have you ever installed pickups on your own? I want to get these new pickups in this weekend without having to drop it off and wait for some tech to do it. I have solder and a soldering gun. I've just never done it by myself.
Sweet. After hearing Mortician and listening to that gratuitously low sound I MUST go with drop A a few times.

And no, I've never installed pickups on my own. Just drop it off at Family Music on Sackville Drive in .. Sackville, they apparently can get shit done within a week. I'm doing this with my Warlock/DiMarzio X2N, I'll let you know how long it took.
Unread 10-21-2010, 06:01 PM   #89
has wood for you

scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/scherzo1928 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
those 2 vids are epic! can you gusy recomend me some more shit like that? with stupid silly videos of course
scherzo1928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2010, 11:00 PM   #90
Jessofperdition

Fruity Loops 9 and Acoustica Mixcraft are both good drum programs, although I've had better results with Mixcraft personally.

And I'd be happy to send the tabs to Geoff as well if he wants 'em.

Unread 10-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #91
surrounded by chairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstofperdition View Post
Fruity Loops 9 and Acoustica Mixcraft are both good drum programs, although I've had better results with Mixcraft personally.

And I'd be happy to send the tabs to Geoff as well if he wants 'em.
Go for it, if we end up stealing riffs we'll give you credit
Unread 10-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #92
Jessofperdition

Quote:
Originally Posted by groph View Post
Go for it, if we end up stealing riffs we'll give you credit
I'm giving the songs to you guys. All I ask is for songwriting credit and the chance to jam 'em out with you guys if you ever end up playing 'em in SoCal. (oh and my band will probably end up learning and playing them too at some point.)

Pm me an email address and I'll send you a winrar zip file with the 1 and 1/2 songs I got done.

Unread 10-21-2010, 11:40 PM   #93
surrounded by chairs

Quote:
I'm giving the songs to you guys. All I ask is for songwriting credit and the chance to jam 'em out with you guys if you ever end up playing 'em in SoCal. (oh and my band will probably end up learning and playing them too at some point.)

Pm me an email address and I'll send you a winrar zip file with the 1 and 1/2 songs I got done.
Sent. Hopefully I can play whatever you've written, hahahaha.
Unread 10-21-2010, 11:58 PM   #94
Jessofperdition

Quote:
Sent. Hopefully I can play whatever you've written, hahahaha.
Replied and tab sent.
If you can trem pick 16th notes at 240 bpm (the first one is in 12/8 just for sheer craziness) then you'll be fine. The bitch of it is building up the endurance to sustain that kind of ferocity for 2 1/2 minutes.

The other 1/2 done song is basically the same 2 riffs repeated a couple of times. I ran out of inspiration while writing it, so I'll let you and Josh have fun with it and see what you can come up with.

Lemme know if it's too crazy to play and I'll fix (or even attempt to record) the guitar parts for them myself.

Unread 10-22-2010, 12:31 AM   #95
Hollow Man

The Somberlain is just really niceThe Somberlain is just really nice
If you need any poetry for lyrics, I'd be glad to contribute some writings.

I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine.
-Bertrand Russell

"The Somberlain is a wise man" -Randy
The Somberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2010, 02:23 AM   #96
surrounded by chairs

Quote:
Replied and tab sent.
If you can trem pick 16th notes at 240 bpm (the first one is in 12/8 just for sheer craziness) then you'll be fine. The bitch of it is building up the endurance to sustain that kind of ferocity for 2 1/2 minutes.

The other 1/2 done song is basically the same 2 riffs repeated a couple of times. I ran out of inspiration while writing it, so I'll let you and Josh have fun with it and see what you can come up with.

Lemme know if it's too crazy to play and I'll fix (or even attempt to record) the guitar parts for them myself.
I really liked the first song, Inside her Insides, that's the kind of shit I'm trying to write, haha. The second song's intro reminds me of Origin and the rest of it is very Cannibal Corpse like, especially with the blast beats over the double bass. I definitely like them both but I think you might hear the first song realized. It's a good length, too.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the ideas. Feel free to send more along, haha.
Unread 10-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #97
Banned

Geoff/ghost - Can either one of you tab out a few in a text document, or even hand write them and scan them? My laptop should be fixed today or tomorrow, but I don't want to wait. I'll play the riffs as fast as I can which should help until tomorrow.

Also, Geoff, I find Family Music in Sackville (or Westphal) takes less than 24 hours. I've dropped another bass for a preamp installation and my guitar for the baritone setup.

I need to grab two 25K pots for these pickups so it looks like I'm going to wait anyway. Apparently the TonePump preamps are a bitch to tinker with. I don't know if I should get a new preamp or not.
Unread 10-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #98
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'm working on a song for you guys as well. I'm not sure whether you'll be into it, but what the hell.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2010, 11:25 AM   #99
Banned

I love everyone!

For anyone who is interested, Consume the Flesh Media has sent me a message regarding prices. For $41.60, we get three thumbnails, one finalized logo in a .PDF file, two revisions of the logo, and two ready larger logos (for shirts, posters, etc.). I will discuss this with Geoff when we have our slam jam and we'll go from there.

Here is some work from Consume the Flesh Media in case anyone is interested...

leftyguitarjoe's band:

Unread 10-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #100
Jessofperdition

Quote:
I really liked the first song, Inside her Insides, that's the kind of shit I'm trying to write, haha. The second song's intro reminds me of Origin and the rest of it is very Cannibal Corpse like, especially with the blast beats over the double bass. I definitely like them both but I think you might hear the first song realized. It's a good length, too.

Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the ideas. Feel free to send more along, haha.
Glad you dug 'em. The Origin/Cannibal Corpse is actually closer to how my band Sociopath sounds, so I wasn't sure if that was what you guys were going for. I'm not an expert on goregrind tbvh. I just write straight up death metal with some thrash in it normally. I just threw that one in there to see if you guys wanted to add some straight death metal to your sound as well.

But the second one I got the idea for after looking at some Exhumed tabs and getting some ideas. In fact that song I was looking at was 'Decrepit Crescendo'. If you look at that tab you can see what I was going for.

I have more Exhumed tabs that I can send to you later if you wanna review 'em for some grindy ideas.