homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #1
Unleash the proggies

Fzau is just really niceFzau is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Talanas debut EP available + tunes up!

It seems no one has posted this before.. shame on you!

Talanas (Hal Sinden's new band) released their debut EP 'Reason and Abstract' and uploaded some of the tracks on their Myspace.

I dig it!

Check it out!

You win, I'm your bitch now. - PnKnG

...if you... if you show me yours, i... i´ll show you mine!
(no, i don´t actually have anything hahah!)
- MF_Kitten

I just imagined Pete naked holding a Blackmachine seductively.
I need to see that Hayley Williams pic again.
- vampiregenocide

Oh yeah, totally dude. I mean, shit, I rape my girlfriend all the time. It's tops
- Demoniac
Fzau is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-09-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ALAS, NINJA'D!
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
Unleash the proggies

You're a bitch, Ross!

- MF_Kitten

- vampiregenocide

Oh yeah, totally dude. I mean, shit, I rape my girlfriend all the time. It's tops
- Demoniac
Unread 08-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
No yours was first, a minute earlier than mine. Mods can merge them if they want.
Unread 08-09-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Baritone Funbags

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thanks for this update!

Had a surprise when I saw their banner - Their ex keyboardist left for a local black metal band The Furious Horde who my band have played a few gigs with. Great guys.

This is some sick music
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2010, 04:21 PM   #6
Frets? What frets?

Varcolac is a splendid one to beholdVarcolac is a splendid one to beholdVarcolac is a splendid one to beholdVarcolac is a splendid one to beholdVarcolac is a splendid one to behold
Yeah, saw this yesterday. Haven't listened to it much, but it sounds pretty bitchin' to start with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealEntity View Post
Thanks for this update!

Had a surprise when I saw their banner - Their ex keyboardist left for a local black metal band The Furious Horde who my band have played a few gigs with. Great guys.

This is some sick music
Nah, Josiah's been in the Horde for aaaages, long before he joined Talanas. Used to share a flat with the dude (around the time he joined Talanas in fact), and he basically just had too many metal bands on his plate at the moment. Think at some point about eighteen months ago he was in about four different bands and a full-time degree.

The Horde are always good for a laugh. Played a gig with them a couple weeks ago. Their singer and their guitarist also play in a 7-string grind-death band with hilarious song titles like "Prostitutes and Power Tools." Corpse Fauna on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

SchecterWhore: "Development, phase four. Beethoven
takes you for a ride through space in his Pontiac Trans Am."
Varcolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
A Chap Called Ross

Bump because the songs have been uploaded to YouTube and you guys seriously need to listen to this.

Unread 08-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Awesome shit. Hal's the man.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #9
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
..... I was expecting good, but I can't say that I was expecting this good.

Seriously win.

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post

Seriously win.

Looking at their influences, it seems like all the best bits of those bands put into one. Diaphora is very Sikthish at parts, but way more deathy, with a hint of Opeth and Strapping Young Lad. I love the fact that all the riffs are consistantly impressive, rather than epic riff - filler - solo - epic riff. Its a sweet package overall.
Unread 08-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #11
Unleash the proggies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post

Seriously win.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I first heard them.

- MF_Kitten

- vampiregenocide

- Demoniac
Unread 08-11-2010, 02:53 AM   #12
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
....ing awesome, and hal looks like a pirate.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 07:19 AM   #13
Banned

liamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to allliamh is a name known to all
Amazing.
Akercocke influence is very apparent, but its got a more techy feel.
liamh is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #14
ss.org Regular

liquidcow is a jewel in the rough
Really great to hear people are enjoying the EP, it's taken a lot of work to get it out there as I'm sure some of you know, it's been totally worth it to see how much people are appreciating the music. Cheers guys
liquidcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #15
Unleash the proggies

Bump because more people need to hear this.
Truly great music!

- MF_Kitten

- vampiregenocide

- Demoniac
Unread 08-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #16
A Chap Called Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fzau View Post
Bump because more people need to hear this.
Truly great music!
Damn straight.

All buy yourselves a copy so you can appreciate some great music and my photography work.
Unread 08-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #17
it's a british thing

halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thank you, chaps. i really appreciate this.

H

http://www.talanas.org
death metal's gentlemen
halsinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 10:19 AM   #18
SS.org Regular

machinehead91 is a jewel in the rough
Got the EP, absolutely BRUTAL! \m/

This little trend could become a health issue; considering that if I had facepalmed any harder I probably would have fractured my skull - Necris
machinehead91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #19
it's a british thing

halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.halsinden is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead91 View Post
Got the EP, absolutely BRUTAL! \m/
thanks for getting it. it really helps.

we're currently trying to get enough interest registered to allow us into the voting for a slot at damnation festival in leeds in november. they've opened up suggestions in the comments of their statuses on facebook etc today.

H

death metal's gentlemen
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

abyss258 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Awesome! Definitely need to keep tabs on this, thanks
abyss258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2010, 11:48 PM   #21
SS.org Regular

natspotats is a jewel in the rough
twas written in the stone that one day a band would come......

Look at this one, asleeps in some bloods
natspotats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2010, 07:37 AM   #22
it's a british thing

alongside a few others (plus covermounts on prog magazine, terrorizer etc.) we just received a corker of a review from MTUK:

MTUK CD REVIEW - TALANAS

"Rising pheonix-like from the ashes of hardworking UK industrial metal outfit Interlock, frontman Hal Sinden and drummer Joe Butterworth have finally unleashed the long-awaited debut release of Talanas. Eschewing the dancefloor stomp of their former outfit, the core duo (aided in no small part by bassist Mark Duffy, fretboard pyromaniac Ewan Parry and now departed keyboardist Josiah Lutton) have instead embraced a far darker, progressive and generally more extreme approach to metal on this three track CD.

They’ve taken their time with this release for sure but the spacious, powerful production and bewitchingly labyrinthine song structures are a testament to their patience. Switching from Messugah-esque ‘lurch ‘n’ groove’ riffs to reflective ambience and brutal blasting with almost contemptuous ease, it’s clear that Sinden et al have been rehearsing. Hard. Opener ‘Diaphora’ is a true statement of intent, all cavernous vocal roars and juddering riffs draped in Parry’s modal lead stylings before moving into a clean refrain that acts as a perfect counterbalance to the aggression.

‘Pray Speed the Fever’ continues in a similar vein, seething with considered technicality whilst taking great care to maintain the balance in dynamics before Talanas close the EP with the lush soundscapes of ‘Aorta’. At eight minutes or so in length, the slow-burn, evolving textures, bring to mind the works of Devin Townsend at his most pastoral. At this stage of the band’s development, the influences are still quite clear – the Gojira vibe is most prominent and the proggier side of fellow brits Akercocke certainly rears it’s head on occasion. The clean moments also have a hefty dose of Opeth about them - perhaps more to do with Sinden’s remarkable vocal similarities to Mikael Akerfelft than anything else. Given this, it is a relatively unique mix and Talanas have managed to achieve the remarkable feat of synthesizing these influences into a coherent soundscape that is very much recognizable as their own. An assured, professional and characterful debut that points to potential greatness in the not-too-distant future.

TALANAS - debut EP 8th august on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Frank Allain"

H

death metal's gentlemen
Unread 09-02-2010, 11:22 AM   #23
A Chap Called Ross

Brilliant review, glad you guys are getting appreciated.