homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree7191Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-19-2011, 06:25 PM   #2051
Hwat you call me?

guambomb832 is just really niceguambomb832 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Radio Version is Yes!

You gotta pay the troll toll, to get into the boy's hole.

My bandcamp for my music project, Guamskyy. Enjoy!
guambomb832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 01-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #2052
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Yeah the radio version kicks ass... and somewhat scarily my wife even likes it

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 09:22 PM   #2053
rug
SS.org Regular

rug is a jewel in the rough
.... yeah - to the dude that thought he was in the minority in wanting more clean vocals, I'm definitely in your camp too. Anyone can write metal riffs (although Periphery does it much better than most ), the true thing that sets them above so many of their peers is their melodic sense. Dudes make killer melodies, and I would have said it would be impossible to make the song better than the album version...until I heard the radio edit. Awesome shit.
rug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2011, 11:41 PM   #2054
Oaf Tobar

ROAR is just really niceROAR is just really nice
I just blue myself.

ROAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #2055
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
This version is very nice, and I love the added sweetness in the solo.

Also, I can has good quality.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 02:33 AM   #2056

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Sweet! Im so glad you guys dig the song/vid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
Yeah the radio version kicks ass... and somewhat scarily my wife even likes it
Yeah i guess that was the basis behind removing the screaming in the first place (though if it had sounded worse or compromised we definitely would not have done that and just said .... IT! METALLLL!!!1)

But its cool that it worked out, because this is like the song my gf can show her friends out work without worry, you have to understand that the grand majority of people dont listen to and arent exactly ready for metal, let alone screaming in a song...
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 02:44 AM   #2057
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
At first I was a little "Oh ok, sad guy doing his shit, not so special, good thing the shoot of the guys is good." then the building tumbling part kicked in and it kicked ass. The radio version is all kinds of godly.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 03:32 AM   #2058

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
hes an immortal!
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 03:42 AM   #2059
ss.org Regular

xevre will become famous soon enough
jetpacks video is great and I freaking love the radio edit. I just saw on the periphery facebook that bulb released a preset pack for s2.0. (IDK if it was posted before. at least new to me) what a good day
http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=97
xevre is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 05:22 AM   #2060
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
As I'm somewhat a scream (or any unclear vox) hater this version of Jetpacs melts my heart every time. For me it feels like wasting if you have a singer like Spencer (I adore everything in his voice) and he's not singing every bit of vocal parts in the piece.

Also loved the arrangement in every way. For me this is the pop song of the album (along with ow my feelings).
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 07:54 AM   #2061
SS Contributor

Revan132 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
hes an immortal!
You made me cry, you bastard.

This edit is absolutely, breathtakingly beautiful.

Shameless Ibanez Whore
Gear: Axe FX Ultra, Marshall 1960AV, RGD2127z w/ BKP's, RGA121 w/ Crunchlab, Brice Z5 Natural Bass
Revan132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #2062
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
hes an immortal!
There can be only one..... Mishdongles - The Highlander!

Seriously, is this single going to be made available bro? I bought 3 copies of the album, hook it up! Or conversely, iTunes download perhaps? I LOOOOOVE this version of the song, have 2 trips this weekend and would love to listen to it on repeat in the car if possible!

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #2063
Why can I not sleep?

pineappleman is just really nicepineappleman is just really nice
Was this directed by the same dude that did the SikTh videos? Or am I thinking of another band...? Regardless, the video's awesome.
pineappleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #2064
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
TesseracT Nancent will be directed by him.
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 10:31 AM   #2065
Custom User Title

Joose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oh wow, this version is great!

I just re-fell in love with Jetpacks! I haven't listened to it in months, because I burned myself out on it. Time to do it again!
Joose is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:00 AM   #2066
ss.org Regular

ReeBPM will become famous soon enough
Will be able to download the radio-edit version Bulb?

Subscribe to youtube.com/ReeBPM for all video content.

Follow me on FaceBook @ http://........com/3669aa2
ReeBPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #2067
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleman View Post
Was this directed by the same dude that did the SikTh videos? Or am I thinking of another band...? Regardless, the video's awesome.
I felt it had a Bland Street Bloom vibe to it, but that could just be because of the video's overall story arc.

M E M O I R S

Unread 01-20-2011, 11:07 AM   #2068
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Sweet! Im so glad you guys dig the song/vid!

Yeah i guess that was the basis behind removing the screaming in the first place (though if it had sounded worse or compromised we definitely would not have done that and just said .... IT! METALLLL!!!1)

But its cool that it worked out, because this is like the song my gf can show her friends out work without worry, you have to understand that the grand majority of people dont listen to and arent exactly ready for metal, let alone screaming in a song...
Oh hell yeah, I didn't think you compromised anything, the new version fits the song structure perfectly. It was hilarious though, she was like, "Oh I'd go to see them with you if they play in the area". Then I played Insomnia and she changed her mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighGain510 View Post
Seriously, is this single going to be made available bro? I bought 3 copies of the album, hook it up! Or conversely, iTunes download perhaps? I LOOOOOVE this version of the song, have 2 trips this weekend and would love to listen to it on repeat in the car if possible!
I second this, I'd be down with some kind of cd single or purchasable download for this version of the song.

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #2069
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Its good to have a more accessible song for people to listen to. Even if the rest of the album is OMG BROOTALZ it means that outsiders can appreciate you on the basis of that song, rather than completely dismissing you.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #2070
Giddyup.

The whole Periphery album as a whole is farily accessible, it's not that it lacks metal, but people just seem to like it. Shit I dunno. Females I know of enjoy this album.

M E M O I R S

Unread 01-20-2011, 11:19 AM   #2071
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Yeah I'd agree, it is more accessible compared to say BOO, ATB or VOM. A lot more melodic than brutal. But I like that. Some of the cleans and leads on the Periphery album are amazing.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #2072
Banned

GATA4 is just really niceGATA4 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prydogga View Post
The whole Periphery album as a whole is farily accessible, it's not that it lacks metal, but people just seem to like it. Shit I dunno. Females I know of enjoy this album.
Si senor. If I were a female, I would still like it.

......*if*....
GATA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:43 AM   #2073
russki 3Dartist dude

templton89 is just really nicetemplton89 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Periphery - Jetpacks Was Yes! on Vimeo i think found a slightly better quality version of this sweet ass song

dont want to be a party pooper, but i hope you guys didn't pay much for vfx in this video
templton89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #2074
SS.org Regular

Elijah is just really niceElijah is just really nice
Never seen that video, nor did I know they rerecorded that song, but it's sounding a lot better
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #2075
Giddyup.

That's because it's less than a day old news

M E M O I R S