homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree7290Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-01-2010, 01:36 AM   #1776
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Different version Necris.

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-01-2010, 01:44 AM   #1777
Bonitis.

Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.Necris is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
This is what I get for completely ignoring Periphery and then coming into this thread.

Extreme Syncopation =/= Poly-rhythmic

Necris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 02:07 AM   #1778
Luguta Tapping Pro~

Cynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necris View Post
This is what I get for completely ignoring Periphery and then coming into this thread.
YEAH YOU ....ING PIECE OF SHIT
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #1779
Not So Kool-Aid

-One- is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0 Xero 0 View Post
Where can I listen to the re-redone version of The Walk with Spencer? It's not on his myspace and his soundclick has no material :/
I second this. It was pretty goddamn brutal.

"I wonder if Kurt rolls his eyes everytime we come up with a new idea. 'Oh no. Not ss.org, again. NOW WHAT?'" - I_infect
"For all we know is some super bass wizard the likes of which hasn't been seen since Gandalf invented the bass." - heavy7-665
-One- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 01:35 PM   #1780
Why can I not sleep?

pineappleman is just really nicepineappleman is just really nice
Soooo I believe I saw in a youtube video one of the guys doing backing vocal harmonies on Light??? Is this correct? If so, please continue doing so as much as possible.
pineappleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 03:01 PM   #1781
SS.org Regular

0 Xero 0 is a jewel in the rough
Does that mean it is nowhere to be found :'( Well that makes me a sad panda T_T Must have link!

P.S. Misha, I have been listening to Froggin Bullfish constantly and was wondering if that will be on the new album or EP? The song is grantastic and it has an epic name! Must have that and Not Enough Mana!
0 Xero 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 04:50 PM   #1782
SS Contributor

Isan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Does that mean it is nowhere to be found :'( Well that makes me a sad panda T_T Must have link!

P.S. Misha, I have been listening to Froggin Bullfish constantly and was wondering if that will be on the new album or EP? The song is grantastic and it has an epic name! Must have that and Not Enough Mana!
@ froggin ... he said yes
Isan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #1783

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by pineappleman View Post
Soooo I believe I saw in a youtube video one of the guys doing backing vocal harmonies on Light??? Is this correct? If so, please continue doing so as much as possible.
We have alex doing backing screams, but honestly the guitar/bass/drum parts are too intricate during a lot of parts to be able to sing and play properly, so we just have the harmonies on backing tracks.
Maybe someday if we ever have some extra money and space we can hire backup singers hehe!
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 06:14 PM   #1784
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isan View Post
@ froggin ... he said yes
Sorry I missed that. I actually read through most of this entire thread lol. That made my day! What other songs did he say? I saw Intertia and possibly Not Enough Mana...?
Unread 11-02-2010, 02:36 AM   #1785
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Absolomb and Not Enough Mana should be on the possibly upcoming EP (Early 2011). I bet that those two will be on the CD aswell.

I remember bulb talking about ff, froggin, inertia and those two I mentioned. Don't really remember any more of them, tho I'd love to hear "As It Were"
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 03:11 AM   #1786
LOLKATYPERRYGUY

DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DrewsifStalin is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Frack'll be back too
DrewsifStalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #1787
SS.org Regular

This is coming out tomorrow right?! Jk, I wish. -_-'
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:58 PM   #1788

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
should have a fun teaser in a short while
Unread 11-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #1789
SS.org Regular

Yes! Is this going to be on myspace? Sadly, my soundcard on my laptop went out *sniffle* I will find a computer to listen to this on no matter what!
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #1790
Que te jodas.

RaceCar is a jewel in the rough
Greetings Bulb/Periphery fans:
Yo I'm new to this board and I just want to say I will always BUY everything Periphery, I already have both albums (well regular and instrumental of the new one) and have bought lots of merch, and have seen them live twice. They are genius. They are taking metal to the next level. I want these guys to make money. I want them to be able to live comfortably (minimum 40k a year). I know that there aint shit for money in music, let alone metal, in 2010. And I've read threads where Misha openly admits that Perihpery doesn't make shit as a band, and that breaks my heart. But god dammit, you guys deserve it, you are original, and you ought to be paid off for all your hard work and for changing the way I think about music/metal. And I've met Bulb in person at the last show in Detroit and he's a really ....in cool dude, down to earth, humble, and honest. REAL talent and authentic original metal deserves all the support and metal needed to keep it alive and running. All I do is show all my friends Periphery, I have turned on about 10 people so far here in Michigan and they are showing their friends etc.

You've got lots of love in Michigan.

I will see you guys at the Michigan show at the Majestic on 11/18. I will be front row wearing the black shirt with the big white P, along with a possee of about 12 other crazy metal retards. I even took work off Friday so I can have a few drinks, start a mosh pit and get ....in silly so I can fully indulge in some of the best metal ever and not have to worry about waking up at 7am to be at work. .... that.

Cheers yall you guys are SWEET.

-Scott

Don't take anything too seriously. It's just life!
RaceCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #1791
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Mad respect for all the people supporting good music.
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:39 AM   #1792
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
When are the other lads getting their LACS?
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #1793
SS.org Regular

Forresterc has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Where can I listen to the re-redone version of The Walk with Spencer? It's not on his myspace and his soundclick has no material :/
I second this. Where is this redone version that i read in like 4 blogs and there's nothing to satisfy my excitement upon reading.

...cool
Forresterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #1794
SS.org Regular

Forresterc has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCar View Post
Yo I'm new to this board and I just want to say I will always BUY everything Periphery, I already have both albums (well regular and instrumental of the new one) and have bought lots of merch, and have seen them live twice. They are genius. They are taking metal to the next level. I want these guys to make money. I want them to be able to live comfortably (minimum 40k a year). I know that there aint shit for money in music, let alone metal, in 2010. And I've read threads where Misha openly admits that Perihpery doesn't make shit as a band, and that breaks my heart. But god dammit, you guys deserve it, you are original, and you ought to be paid off for all your hard work and for changing the way I think about music/metal. And I've met Bulb in person at the last show in Detroit and he's a really ....in cool dude, down to earth, humble, and honest. REAL talent and authentic original metal deserves all the support and metal needed to keep it alive and running. All I do is show all my friends Periphery, I have turned on about 10 people so far here in Michigan and they are showing their friends etc.

-Scott
How much does the band make off record sales? I mean, how much of the profit made when i bought their album actually went to them?

...cool
Forresterc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #1795
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceCar View Post

You've got lots of love in Michigan.

I will see you guys at the Michigan show at the Majestic on 11/18. I will be front row wearing the black shirt with the big white P, along with a possee of about 12 other crazy metal retards. I even took work off Friday so I can have a few drinks, start a mosh pit and get ....in silly so I can fully indulge in some of the best metal ever and not have to worry about waking up at 7am to be at work. .... that.

Cheers yall you guys are SWEET.

-Scott
I'll see you at that show, however I won't be moshing.

Look for me in the black "bulb with wings" shirt or the Animals as Leaders hoodie. :metal"

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #1796
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Periphery definitely deserve to make shit loads off their music, but its not easy. Besides Bulb seems to make a fair amount from producing judging from his guitars.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 12:37 PM   #1797
Booyah!

Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
When are the other lads getting their LACS?
It's only Alex who's still waiting on his LACS. I think it's about 70% done.
Guitarholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #1798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarholic View Post
It's only Alex who's still waiting on his LACS. I think it's about 70% done.
tom too! haha we are gonna have to wait a while for that one though since he only put the order in a few weeks ago...
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #1799

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
Periphery definitely deserve to make shit loads off their music, but its not easy. Besides Bulb seems to make a fair amount from producing judging from his guitars.
As i have mentioned a few times before, anyone who is in a metal band is in it for the love, even the big guys dont make THAT much and probably never thought they would make as much.
Luckily Producing pays well, because if it werent for that i would be forced to get a regular job when im home.
Unread 11-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #1800
bomb.com/epicas....

Bombdotcom has a spectacular aura about
Was gonna make a post detailing every reason why Periphery was great. But I have Ethics at 1 and I'm gonna make a can of spaghetti-o's instead.

Periphery, you're great. And I love you. I hope to someday be at least half (or whatever fractional description you think is fair) the genius that you are.

Until then, I gotta go study.

Misha, if I'm ever out in Maryland (which will likely be never) I'll bring you some spaghetti-o's.

With love,
eric.
Bombdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote