homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree7190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #1651
Djeff

sk3ks1s is a glorious beacon of lightsk3ks1s is a glorious beacon of lightsk3ks1s is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
i should have a B7 ready in the next few months!
Looking forward to that NGD thread...
sk3ks1s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-25-2010, 06:42 PM   #1652
SS.org Regular

slapnutz is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Not to mention Ibanez as well, i still love Ibby guitars! My RGA 420z is pretty ....in magical! I just like being able to have an arsenal of guitars at my disposal live since im usually playing at least 2 or 3 guitars every set.

I am fully endorsed by Bernie Rico Jr. and obviously love his guitars to death (and believe it they arent even the fully custom ones, they were just quick ones he put together for me so i cant wait to put my custom orders in!)

Ernie Ball has been very cool with me and i have sort of an unofficial deal with them as they understand that i dont play any one brand exclusively but they totally respect that and i love the crap out of their guitars and basses (stealth bongo 5 here i come!!)

And as you all are very aware i love me some Blackmachine, and although Doug doesnt offer endorsements (its not like he needs the advertising haha) im proud to own a few of his guitars and i should have a B7 ready in the next few months!
Thanks for clarifying this buddy. I'm glad that you are still able to jam on the BRJ because I thought it was very cool what he did to make that guitar in short notice for your Australia trip.

That alone makes me wish nothing but the best for Bernie and co.

(i too also still love my ibanez)
slapnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #1653

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapnutz View Post
Thanks for clarifying this buddy. I'm glad that you are still able to jam on the BRJ because I thought it was very cool what he did to make that guitar in short notice for your Australia trip.

That alone makes me wish nothing but the best for Bernie and co.

(i too also still love my ibanez)
Dude apart from being one of the nicest most geniune people in the industry he also happens to make some of the best guitars i have ever played. Seriously these are some of the highest quality guitars out there, and im fortunate enough to be able to use them live!
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #1654
who callin my phone?

JakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud of
Misha and I were messing around instead of doing work so here ya go...

JakePeriphery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #1655
prh
SS.org Regular

prh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud of
love it tone sounds sick even over the iphone

and just looking at the 'related threads' below, i was wondering when the prize winner's song is gonna happen?
prh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #1656
who callin my phone?

JakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by prh View Post
love it tone sounds sick even over the iphone

and just looking at the 'related threads' below, i was wondering when the prize winner's song is gonna happen?

It's being worked on. No ETA yet
Unread 09-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #1657
prh
SS.org Regular

prh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud ofprh has much to be proud of
sick

and please turn a camera on every time one of you picks up a guitar, always top notch stuff
prh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #1658
Lifted By Skin

Mwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to allMwoit is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So when you and Misha jam, do you usually shotgun guitar and Misha does drums? Looks like a pretty cool way to write haha.
Mwoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #1659

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwoit View Post
So when you and Misha jam, do you usually shotgun guitar and Misha does drums? Looks like a pretty cool way to write haha.
we dont usually do this, i just got a new recording computer and im using my rme fireface, meaning that i can play a nicely processed kit with virtually no latency meaning that jams like this can happen, i wish i had had this setup back when i had my td20 cuz that shit would have been epic.

anyways i have been a bit busy and i havent been writing a lot whereas jake has a shit ton of riffs he has been writing and sitting on, so we decided to jam em out and see how they sounded!
Unread 09-30-2010, 11:54 PM   #1660
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Sounds like some promising stuff in there

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 12:47 AM   #1661
Gelatinous

lava is just really nicelava is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
we dont usually do this, i just got a new recording computer and im using my rme fireface, meaning that i can play a nicely processed kit with virtually no latency meaning that jams like this can happen
You only recently got a computer that can do drums in realtime? Well no wonder you did all your previous drum programming with the mouse! RME has the best drivers in the business.
lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #1662
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Calan/Isan/winner of comp. said the song was written, or at least lyrics. I haven't heard much of it since.

Also, Walk with new Spencer vocals not on his myspace anymore? :'(

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #1663
SS Contributor

Isan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of light
Yea the lyrics are done...

Wrote them in a day :P
Isan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 12:57 AM   #1664
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Then tell em to record the thing!

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 01:11 AM   #1665

Quote:
Originally Posted by lava View Post
You only recently got a computer that can do drums in realtime? Well no wonder you did all your previous drum programming with the mouse! RME has the best drivers in the business.
yeah, i mean i ran my mixes in realtime, that was fine, but playing on a keyboard or kit would mean some serious latency with all the processing i have on it in the mix.
though i still program with the mouse, i dunno i just prefer it for whatever crazy reason haha
Unread 10-01-2010, 01:25 AM   #1666
SS Contributor

Isan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of lightIsan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
yeah, i mean i ran my mixes in realtime, that was fine, but playing on a keyboard or kit would mean some serious latency with all the processing i have on it in the mix.
though i still program with the mouse, i dunno i just prefer it for whatever crazy reason haha
Well obviously it works :P .... though halpern sounds beast on that electric kit.

Btw misha or jake .... where is the footage from Houston ?!?!? ( I need to see alex rocking my agile )
Isan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 05:57 AM   #1667
Is Encircle

AlucardXIX is just really niceAlucardXIX is just really nice
Quote:
Heh, I still do all my drum programming in Guitar Pro :|

It's not the end of the world...But you can see it from here.
Download my full album "Watch The Sky Fall" for free! http://encircle.bandcamp.com/
www.youtube.com/alucardxix
www.soundclick.com/alucardxix
www.soundcloud.com/alucardxix
AlucardXIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #1668
SS.org Regular

jaco815 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
practice, touring and when hes home he records pretty much whenever he can
his voice in general has improved so much since he joined and recorded the album, i cant wait for you guys to hear the new material!

@bulb

Is there any possibility of a re-record, re-release sometime in the near future with all new scream parts? Meshuggah originally recorded Nothing with 7 strings drop tuned and were never totally content with the results so they went back and retracked the guitars after they got their 8's. If Meshuggah can do it, Periphery can at least attempt (I'm not going to say Periphery CAN do it because Meshuggah are literally gods).

Please consider. Spencer seems willing since he retracked The Walk. This could be a quick job that would only help you guys.
jaco815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 07:03 AM   #1669
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^Or they could continue working on new material. I dont see the point of redoing a bands first record. Especially one that is that good already.

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #1670
SS.org Regular

jaco815 is a jewel in the rough
I agree that it's good. It's my favorite thing to listen to these days. But look how many people bitch about the screaming and how it's "not as brutal as Chris" etc. Not just here, but on Youtube, every other forum I've ever seen, and any sort of blog post someone has to comment on it. I think they should just do it to shut everyone up and win over some more fans.
jaco815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 07:27 AM   #1671
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
In all honesty, I'm sure Misha and teh guys could do it quite easily, but i still fail to see the point. They make music for fun (and money ) and last time I heard, Misha doesn't afraid of bitching forums or anything.

Unread 10-01-2010, 08:19 AM   #1672
SS.org Regular

Nats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakePeriphery View Post
Misha and I were messing around instead of doing work so here ya go...

Damn you're playing all the drum parts with your fingers? I wish I had the coordination to do something like that
Nats is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #1673
who callin my phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco815 View Post
I agree that it's good. It's my favorite thing to listen to these days. But look how many people bitch about the screaming and how it's "not as brutal as Chris" etc. Not just here, but on Youtube, every other forum I've ever seen, and any sort of blog post someone has to comment on it. I think they should just do it to shut everyone up and win over some more fans.

That's not going to happen, at least any time soon. We don't need to "win" anyone over, we're extremely proud of our first record and we don't really see any need to re-record the whole thing because of a couple of whiners who don't think Spencer is "kvlt" enough. The amount of stuff Spencer had to learn and adapt to when he joined this band is so extraordinary that I don't think anyone fully appreciates what he did and continues to do - also aside from some a couple songs Spencer wrote completely on his own - he had to learn and rewrite vocal melodies and arrangements that were already in place which were written by Tom, Misha, and Casey. Besides some lyrics Chris did very minimal work on that stuff.

Spencer re-recorded The Walk to show the band some stuff he was working on, that's it.

edit: This isn't really directed at you btw, just my thoughts on how many people try to bring these internet comments to my attention.
Unread 10-01-2010, 09:24 AM   #1674
SS.org Regular

btnation is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Misha "Bulb" Mansoor interview!

Congrats to Misha for being Toontracks Artist of the month!

check it out at

toontrack.com

Director of North American Market Development - Toontrack Music USA inc.
btnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #1675
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

^Awesome