homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree7054Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #5551
do u evn djent fggt?

JosephAOI is a name known to allJosephAOI is a name known to allJosephAOI is a name known to allJosephAOI is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
^I thought Captain On was an 8 string song?
JosephAOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #5552
Electrifying

Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.Rook is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
^nope

Got questions about anything I've said, done or do? How about pickups, tech, music production or just anything! Check here and ask away!

My project on Facebook: Rook

Click banner below to download my first E.P. for free or pay what you want:
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 02:58 PM   #5553
Baritone Funbags

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
It has a low F#?
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #5554
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealEntity View Post
It has a low F#?
The low F# was pitch shifted AFAIK.
Kurkkuviipale is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #5555
Baritone Funbags

EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.EtherealEntity is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ah, cool
Well, I guess when people say they want '8 string material' or so, what they really mean is the tuning in which they like their music haha. The number of strings is pretty irrelevant.
EtherealEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #5556
SS.org Regular

Sikthness is a jewel in the rough
_

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealEntity View Post
Ah, cool
Well, I guess when people say they want '8 string material' or so, what they really mean is the tuning in which they like their music haha. The number of strings is pretty irrelevant.

Haha yeah pretty much. IF they made a song with a 1 string guitar tuned to F# or below, the comments would be "damn I love their 8 string work, I need to hear more!"
EtherealEntity likes this.
Sikthness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #5557

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Ah I wouldn't consider captain on an 8 string song, it was done on my jp7, and for that one note, I just tuned the low string down. If we played it live it would be on a 7 and id pitch that one note down with the axefx.

Interestingly, on the new album we have one 8 string song, but we also have another that sounds like it is but is in a weird 7 string tuning because we didn't need 8 strings for that song.
EtherealEntity likes this.
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #5558
Slayer of the gods

Maggai is a jewel in the rough
I like weird tunings.
The Beard likes this.
Maggai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #5559
SS.org Regular

Coryd is just really niceCoryd is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hey Misha are you guys gonna release the instrumental version of the new album packaged with the album like you did when the first album was released?
Coryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #5560
ss.org Regular

Keith120286 is headed in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryd View Post
Hey Misha are you guys gonna release the instrumental version of the new album packaged with the album like you did when the first album was released?
God, I hope so.
Keith120286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 08:44 AM   #5561
DLG
not guthrie govan

DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/DLG is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
DLG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #5562
SS.org Regular

MarkPopkie will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryd View Post
The answer to this question is NO.

And by now, the reasons should be obvious...
1) They're not an instrumental band
2) They're undoubtedly tired of pandering to the people that want them to ditch Spencer and become an instrumental band
3) Some people took the first instrumental release as a sign that Periphery themselves were not confident in their own vocalist

That being said, I think they realize that many of their fans use the instrumental release to learn the guitar parts... So there has been discussion of coming up with another (more creative) way of giving those fans what they want... Tab book, enhanced CD with playthroughs, etc? I'm speculating... but you get the picture.
Jogeta and isispelican like this.
MarkPopkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #5563
SS.org Regular

Coryd is just really niceCoryd is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith120286 View Post
God, I hope so.
Me too.

I have nothing against Spencer. Its just when i first started listening to Misha's stuff it was all instrumental. I love their album, but i love going back and listening to the instrumental songs too.

I hope they have a preorder package with the instrumental disc included.
Coryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #5564
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Not this again. just 2 pages back people, learn it. Periphery is a full band.
isispelican likes this.
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #5565
SS.org Regular

Hybrid138 is a glorious beacon of lightHybrid138 is a glorious beacon of lightHybrid138 is a glorious beacon of light
more studio vids????

Bacchanalian Bliss (My Ska band):
http://www.facebook.com/blisstx (Facebook)

http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.aspx?epk_id=223821
(SonicBids)

Hybrid138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #5566
SS.org Regular

Dan Halen is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
Not this again. just 2 pages back people, learn it. Periphery is a full band.
We know noones going to actually look for this information, so why get angry about it. instead we could just say no not this time. I mean its not like its common knowledge to everyone in the world. hahahah be awesome if it was

Dan Halen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #5567
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Halen View Post
We know noones going to actually look for this information, so why get angry about it. instead we could just say no not this time. I mean its not like its common knowledge to everyone in the world. hahahah be awesome if it was

Honestly though for anyone that actually follows the band and certainly anyone thats going to actively search out a thread pertaining to the band and posting in it, it should be common knowledge. I don't care either way if they do, I enjoy Spencers vocals and Im not near good enough a guitar player to warrant needing an instrumental version. It gets irritating seeing the same question being asked over an over, Im certain you could fill 2 full pages of people just asking if 1) there going to make an instrumental album as well, 2) How can misha afford all those guitars and 3) how much money does the band make.
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #5568
U gonna eat that?

Deadnightshade is a glorious beacon of lightDeadnightshade is a glorious beacon of lightDeadnightshade is a glorious beacon of light
1 person saying about instrumental version/spencer hate/whatever,8 responses beneath it,including mine.No wonder why the pages fill up so quickly.Learn to ignore them.

EDIT:Obviously except from Hybrid138 , so that makes it 7 on that matter.Also follow his lead.

Die.Get cremated.Laugh your ash off..
Deadnightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:29 PM   #5569
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadnightshade View Post
1 person saying about instrumental version/spencer hate/whatever,8 responses beneath it,including mine.No wonder why the pages fill up so quickly.Learn to ignore them.

EDIT:Obviously except from Hybrid138 , so that makes it 7 on that matter.Also follow his lead.
The reason you get 7 responses to that one question is people are starting to get irritated with people asking stupid questions that takes just as long to google it as it does to type it out.
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 01:44 PM   #5570
SS.org Regular

bhakan is just really nicebhakan is just really nice
Just rename this thread Periphery SUPERHYPERMEGATHREAD: No, they will not release an instrumental album
bhakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #5571
ss.org Regular

phantomnote is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
Ah I wouldn't consider captain on an 8 string song, it was done on my jp7, and for that one note, I just tuned the low string down. If we played it live it would be on a 7 and id pitch that one note down with the axefx.

Interestingly, on the new album we have one 8 string song, but we also have another that sounds like it is but is in a weird 7 string tuning because we didn't need 8 strings for that song.
I think its awesome that you actually think of a need for an 8 string. Loads of bands who think 8s are the shit could do with 6/7 strings downtuned :P

Also would like to see you again, saw you in CPH but the sound sucked (3 guitar players, concrete walls...not good :P)! Much respect for you guys, seeing you fight your way to the top is incredibly inspiring!

Met everyone after the show except for you :P where'd you go?
phantomnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #5572
For Mod

Fiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to allFiction is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomnote View Post
Met everyone after the show except for you :P where'd you go?
Prostitution's legal in Denmark, right?
Dan_Vacant likes this.

[Fiction] 1:47 pm: she could probably toss a salad with that thing
Fiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #5573
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Halen View Post

who says I am angry? I am miffed at people who are ignorant (most people )
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #5574
Suttbex

The Beard is a glorious beacon of lightThe Beard is a glorious beacon of lightThe Beard is a glorious beacon of light
I did a cover of Chris Vogagis' instrumental version of Face Palm Mute!

There's mistakes and I figured it out by ear, but meh.

Here's the link to his recording!

Periphery - Face Palm Mute (Full Song Cover) by ChrisVogagis on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Kurkkuviipale likes this.

"Orange juice after potato.
Taste like all of my wut."
-CrushingAnvil

"what am I supposed to do with my boner?"
-shredguitar7

Live Rig
-Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
-Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
-Ibanez rg120

My Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/stc423

The Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2012, 04:27 AM   #5575

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Hey guys, so here is something fun.
A cover of Slipknot's Heretic Anthem that we did at Taylor's studio.
Sponce did vocals, Taylor produced and played guitar, Will his assistant played bass, and i played the drums (Matt went in the next day to retrack the choruses because i wasn't super familiar with the song and was forced to learn it in an afternoon, so those are his takes)
Definitely fun times:
THE HERETIC ANTHEM by ThoSe ....ing HoRses on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free
Randy, MikeH, Marv Attaxx and 7 others like this.
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote