homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree7197Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #451
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
I'm pretty sure that Jetpacks Was Yes is about Buzz Lightyear and his hilarious misadventures. What are you talking about?
maybe zyglrox could be about a crazy pot smoking prog metal guitarist alien overlord kind of like devin townsends zoltar the omniscent coffee slurping alien overlord.
matt397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #452
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt397 View Post
zoltar the omniscent coffee slurping alien overlord.
Ziltoid

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #453
Resident burnout.

Colton165 is a jewel in the rough
ziltoid dude. not zoltar...

EDIT: Beaten :/
Colton165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #454
Tr00f

matt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of lightmatt397 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post
Ziltoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton165 View Post
ziltoid dude. not zoltar...

EDIT: Beaten :/
Eeeesh ! my bad, my penance will now be to go listen to the entire Ziltoid album start to finish
Unread 04-20-2010, 02:54 AM   #455
Oh God Damnit!

Antenna is just really niceAntenna is just really nice
Periphery/Bulb SUPERHYPERMEGATHREAD: news, discussion, whatever. Read the first post!

SUPER-HANDSOME MOD EDIT: A whole bunch of threads have been merged to create the official megathread for all Periphery/Bulb-related news, queries and topics. As awesome as Bulb might be, the amount of threads relating Bulb/Periphery is getting out of hand, so from now on any Periphery/Bulb-related stuff goes in here. Anyone who posts a Periphery/Bulb-related thread in General Music that the mods deem unworthy of its own thread gets a warning and their thread gets merged - if they do it again it's a one-day ban and the thread gets deleted. (Note: none of that applies to Bulb, he can post what he wants.) We'll keep the thread title updated to reflect the latest news/discussion points, so don't worry about your unique and original perspective about which Periphery singer is the best getting lost in the fray. Have a nice day!

So congrats guys! We've all seen this band come up from almost infancy into godly musicians that are draiped across youtube and the rest of the internet like nobodies ....in bizznazz Son! So stoked to be getting this ever so foreverly awaited album! I'm sure these dudes have endured so many hardships to make this album happen; from the change out of singers, to just the headaches that only can be obtained from tracking the same guitar part a million times! Misha and Periphery are all an inspiration to all of us in this forum.... Djenter or Chuggador. Cheers Dudes!
Antenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 02:57 AM   #456
Avant Temporal

right_to_rage is just really niceright_to_rage is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
HAPPY 4/20!!! WEEE LOOVEE PERIPHERRYY!!!
right_to_rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 03:05 AM   #457
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.

Awesome to know the albums out, but I have to wait to get it.

Congratulations!

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:41 AM   #458
SS.org Regular

Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.Louis Cypher is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

congratulations!! that is awesome news!! very well done indeed!! any news on a possible UK release???
Louis Cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 06:11 AM   #459
Tr00f

I remember checking out youtube scanning for guitar vids and seeing mishas playthrough for insomnia in like 2007 an thinking holy .... who is this guy. Im glad misha and the rest of the guys have been able to get this far. HAPPY 4/20 !!!!

Gsus died for your sins

Tell the people there's an invisible man in the sky that created the universe and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure. - George Carlin
Unread 04-20-2010, 06:37 AM   #460
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I sat there last night and watched the timer go to 0 0 0 0
metal_sam14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 06:40 AM   #461
SS.org Regular

Ville is a jewel in the rough
Congratulations! We've all waited for this day to come for years and now it's reality.
Ville is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 06:55 AM   #462
SS.org Regular

Coryd is just really niceCoryd is just really nice
Congrats Bulb and Periphery! Can't wait to get my copy in the mail!!!
Coryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #463
PC rig poster boy

JPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to beholdJPhoenix19 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Downloaded this morning off Amazon. Congratz doodz!

I was all like
JPhoenix19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 08:33 AM   #464
SS.org Regular

Mexi is just really niceMexi is just really nice
amazing album guys
Racecar is ridiculously epic
Mexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:20 AM   #465

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Happy 4/20 everyone! And thanks a lot!
Remember if you didnt preorder and dont want to go to the store, and want to get a never heard before bonus track called "Captain On" you can just get our album on iTunes for $9.99 in the us!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/periphery/id365897189
Its actually a brand new song, didnt even post clips on soundclick hehe! Hope you guys dig!
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #466
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Just downloaded my copy from Amazon MP3

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:30 AM   #467
\m/

vhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Congratz periphery and bulb! i cant wait to hear the amazing that goes on in this album.. but i must wait until friday i think cause thats when merchconnectionnow says ill get it.

"DUDE YOU ARE F*CKING DEAF"
"No i'm not.. I'm a musician"
vhmetalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #468
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
congrats bulb. It seems like yesterday when I heard the first clips you made on the meshuggah forums. Good work!
drmosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #469
ss.org Regular

graciouspatty has a spectacular aura about
It is a good day in the metal world!
graciouspatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:50 AM   #470
SS.org Regular

Universe74 is a glorious beacon of lightUniverse74 is a glorious beacon of lightUniverse74 is a glorious beacon of light
Been waiting a long time for this. Unreal album. Will be listening to it all day at work today.
Universe74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #471
Custom User Title

Joose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to all
Congrats guys!

The album is absolutely sick!
Joose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #472
SS.org Regular

Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
Happy 4/20 everyone! And thanks a lot!
Remember if you didnt preorder and dont want to go to the store, and want to get a never heard before bonus track called "Captain On" you can just get our album on iTunes for $9.99 in the us!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/periphery/id365897189
Its actually a brand new song, didnt even post clips on soundclick hehe! Hope you guys dig!
Urgh, so not only is my preorder going to take forever to get here, but apparently the iTunes exclusive is also US-exclusive. Bummer!
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #473
SS.org Regular

ddtonfire is just really niceddtonfire is just really nice
Waiting patiently for a shipping confirmation. Congrats though! Your hard work, patience, and perseverance has paid off!
ddtonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #474
s l e l f

biggness is a splendid one to beholdbiggness is a splendid one to beholdbiggness is a splendid one to beholdbiggness is a splendid one to beholdbiggness is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Dude, this is one hellaciously good album. It's one of those that you just put in your car's cd player and never press a button after that. And the singer, well, he's perfect for this I really enjoy the whole thing. I even really really like the "interludes" between songs. That shows a lot of effort put forth All in all, best album I have heard in long time. Good work lads.

One question though: Can we get the tunings you used on all the different tracks? That would help in figuring this stuff out by ear.

| Axe-Fx Ultra > Fryette 2/90/2 > Mesa Recto 4x12 |
-------------Various Ibanez Shredders-------------
My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not...
biggness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #475
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I bought "Captain On" on iTunes first thing this morning, and I'm walking to my preferred record store to buy the CD this afternoon If they don't have it, I'm driving to every store in town until I find one

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote