homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree6908Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-29-2011, 03:25 PM   #3701
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
it is very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
He's the only man who could headbutt a chick in the .... and end up being thanked for it.
bahaha
toiletstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #3702
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiregenocide View Post
He's the only man who could headbutt a chick in the .... and end up being thanked for it.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 03:47 PM   #3703
NOT a ss.org Regular

cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry for bringing this up again, haha, but as I see everyone go against dante here I have to take him a little in defense. When I read spencers post I have to admit my eyebrows went up and had to read it again to see if I read it correctly, then I read the comments and saw I wasn't the only one getting surprised by this. I think many thinks it's an controversial thing to do, especially for a band like Periphery that have come so far (relatively).

I did what you guys have mentioned here several times though. Didn't donate and moved on.

Anyway, I friended/liked periphery on fb to stay updated on the band, bulbs rough mixes, links to pre-orders of upcoming albums etc. Not for the band asking/"begging" for money, and I don't think it's completely out of line to complain about that post. Dante did it maybe in an overly aggressive manner, but I think that happened because everyone crowded together calling him names and stuff for starting out with valid questioning.

Also, first, I'm not saying Spencer haven't worked his ass off for the band, but I think many FEEL that he came in last to the band having the other members doing all the hard work for years and then he "drops in" and the "first thing" he does is "begging". A lot off "" there. I'm just saying this may be what people feel, whether it's true or not. And I think if it was bulb who asked this very same question people would be more fine with it... if he didn't have all the insane gear already that is.

Just had to get that out. Hope I didn't burn any bridges here. I'll support the band the best I can buying cd's, merch, go to concerts (<-I wish) but not like that just straight up asking for money.

But I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.
At the same time, just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Bigfan likes this.
cataclysm_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #3704
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
lol!

Back to on topic discussion before bulb whips out the 9 incher.

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #3705
The One Who Knocks

Ralyks is just really niceRalyks is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What about the tour duuuuudes?
Ralyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:13 PM   #3706
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, can we have any hint about the Frak the Gods tour?

Come join the SS.org Minecraft server!
Or not, it's your choice.

[rythmic_pulses] 11:14 pm: I think the chat just crashed into a horny cum covered tree
"Do space and sex go together? Not really, but that doesn't matter." - Science Channel
Hemi-Powered Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #3707

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralyks View Post
What about the tour duuuuudes?
dates are being finalized as we speak, just waiting on a few more promoters to get back to our booking agents apparently and then we can announce!
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:23 PM   #3708
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Misha, will you please wear a dildo somewhere on your face for the tour?
metal_sam14 and Bigfan like this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:25 PM   #3709
A Chap Called Ross

vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.vampiregenocide harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
UK tour again please. <3 You guys killed it last time.
Ninetyfour likes this.
vampiregenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 06:31 PM   #3710
Tard

metal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to allmetal_sam14 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Oh that goes so well with the quote in your sig
Hemi-Powered Drone likes this.

My band "Actuality":
https://www.facebook.com/ActualityBand
Australian Prog!
metal_sam14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 07:49 PM   #3711
z o m b i e 1 3

Zombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud ofZombie13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Epic idea !

If you guys play San Diego, let's make this happen

Morphesia (Black Metal)
http://morphesia.bandcamp.com/
Squirrelly Arts (Industrial Metal)
http://www.facebook.com/SquirrellyArts
Zombie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 07:52 PM   #3712
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_sam14 View Post
Oh that goes so well with the quote in your sig
Damnit, I forgot to change it. ....in Randy
metal_sam14 and Guitarman700 like this.
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #3713
SS.org Regular

Mayhew is a jewel in the rough
Anyone that finds a problem with someone asking for help is pretty dumb. We're all on this site because we love music. We buy CD's, vinyl, mp3's, merch and concert tickets to support the music we love and we help ensure that more of it gets made. If someone wants to support music creation by direct donations which cuts out the middle man then what's the problem? It allows the fan to feel more connected to the creative process as opposed to just purchasing the final product.

This isn't pan-handling here people. You aren't giving something for nothing. It's not so someone can get drunk and high all day and sit on their but all day and drain on society like a beggar. This is to support something IF you believe in it. I see young able bodied people pretending to be homeless and begging for money with their lame ass signs at busy intersections and it bugs me to no end when I see people actually giving them money but I don't stop, roll down my window and take time out of my day to tell them how stupid they are not once, but to voice that opinion continuously. That would be a retarded waste of time just like the last 4 pages of buddy's bullshit.

I say support the music you love any way possible and get support for the music you love to create any way possible.
Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 11:47 PM   #3714
SS.org Regular

space frog is a jewel in the rough
To each their opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm_child View Post
Dante did it maybe in an overly aggressive manner.
There is the point. Anyone can state their opinion, but there is a way to do it. I see why what Spencer did can seem right or wrong, but I don't think it's worth trolling or whatever. He had good and valid points, but also wrong and close minded ones. All one can get by stating his opinion is getting rep, its not really worth struggling over the web IMO

now I hope I did not feed the trolls again.Since the beginning I wish this would just not have started...

//closed case

My band:www.facebook.com/oftemples

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-some goodie in build process
-Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
space frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #3715
Glitch City

chasedowbr00t4l is a jewel in the rough
VANCOUVER BC!! i'm telling ya, loads of people will love you here in beautiful british columbia!
DVRP likes this.

While my guitar djently weeps.
chasedowbr00t4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 12:17 AM   #3716
SS.org Regular

VILARIKA is a jewel in the rough
So I understand you have a nice, long 45 minute set for Sonisphere or something... But for your FIRST american headlining tour, your gonna have a nice, long 45 to an hour set, right?
VILARIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #3717
is really Sasquatch.

AngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to beholdAngstRiddenDreams is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'm not trying to start anything up, just pointing out something i thought was funny. It seems to me that these days, in America, if you are working at ALL, you are working harder than others. lol

I just wasted your time.
AngstRiddenDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 01:37 AM   #3718
SS.org Regular

space frog is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by VILARIKA View Post
So I understand you have a nice, long 45 minute set for Sonisphere or something... But for your FIRST american headlining tour, your gonna have a nice, long 45 to an hour set, right?
+ 15 minutes for racecar (fingers crossed)

My band:www.facebook.com/oftemples

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-some goodie in build process
-Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
space frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 01:41 AM   #3719
SS.org Regular

VILARIKA is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by space frog View Post
+ 15 minutes for racecar (fingers crossed)
I was gonna get to that...

Just to let you know, if you do end up playing Racecar on this tour, you have to play it at every show. And I mean every single show. Or else, shit is gonna go down. It will be inevitable...
VILARIKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 02:15 AM   #3720
The HUMANCENTiPAD

DVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of lightDVRP is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedowbr00t4l View Post
VANCOUVER BC!! i'm telling ya, loads of people will love you here in beautiful british columbia!
AGREED! This needs to happen. Please.

http://www.facebook.com/Icosian
DVRP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 11:27 AM   #3721
Obviously!

Djent is a name known to allDjent is a name known to allDjent is a name known to allDjent is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
They're announcing the dates today!
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #3722
The One Who Knocks

Ralyks is just really niceRalyks is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetimeoneplace View Post
They're announcing the dates today!
*crosses fingers for upstate NY*
Ralyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #3723
Booyah!

Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.Guitarholic is shredding to new heights.
Yes, we're announcing them today. I'll put them up here in a minute. Typing them up as we speak
Guitarholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #3724
Dragonblade629

Hemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of lightHemi-Powered Drone is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarholic View Post
Yes, we're announcing them today. I'll put them up here in a minute. Typing them up as we speak
Type faster!

No rush!
Ralyks likes this.

Come join the SS.org Minecraft server!
Or not, it's your choice.

[rythmic_pulses] 11:14 pm: I think the chat just crashed into a horny cum covered tree
"Do space and sex go together? Not really, but that doesn't matter." - Science Channel
Hemi-Powered Drone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2011, 12:46 PM   #3725
/\'...'/\

toiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of lighttoiletstand is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
finally gonna be able to see these dudes.
toiletstand is offline   Reply With Quote