homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree7102Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-09-2010, 02:46 AM   #326
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Christ alive. The release of this record can not get here fast enough.
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #327
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobee View Post

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/signaturepics/sigpic17517_3.gif
Customisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #328
djent n00b

tr0n is just really nicetr0n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I keep looking up the album on Amazon just to listen to previews, can't wait for the 20th. When I search for 'Periphery' however, 2 results down from the mp3 album is this: Amazon.com: Periphery: Erotic Lesbian Futures (9781560236498): Lynne Jamneck, M. De Pierres, Nicola Griffith, Gwyneth Jones, Kristyn Dunnion, Lyda Morehouse, Derek Pitts, Tracey Shellito, Melissa Scott, Carolyn Gilman, Jean Stewart, Catherine Lundoff D: Some kinda Periphery side project?

All your djent are belong to me.
tr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #329
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepultorture View Post
you sir make me want to play 8s
There are no 8 string tracks on the album (except for possibly the iTunes bonus track)

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #330

-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.-Nolly- can play Erotomania with his toes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
There are no 8 string tracks on the album (except for possibly the iTunes bonus track)
No 8 stringage on that either
-Nolly- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #331
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I must say what I've heard of the bonus track sounds awesome, and can I hear some of Casey's vox in the Racecar sample on iTunes?

M E M O I R S
Music from myself and Kurkkuviipale!
http://soundcloud.com/m-e-m-o-i-r-s

I also do graphic design, both freelance and for label Myriad Records.
Prydogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #332
SS.org Regular

Nats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of lightNats is a glorious beacon of light
expectations exceeded
Nats is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 11:24 AM   #333
Banned

Joeywilson is a jewel in the rough
I wonder who spilled the beans.
Joeywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #334
Random Swede

Hypothermia is a jewel in the rough
I really really hate that guitartone
Hypothermia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 11:46 AM   #335
The Decepticon

Triple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Insomnia is up on their myspace now!

For some sweet progressive/grunge/metal, check out my band:
www.facebook.com/wearenihilistcrane

Our debut ep will be available April 1st!

For all my solo stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/brianharrigan
Triple7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #336
ss.org Regular

mortega76 is a jewel in the rough
I got a chance to listen to snippets of the album... and I must say. I'm loving how everything is mixed, bass sound brutal!!! Guitars have that Axe-fx sounds... really good! I can hear some master "pumping"(?) on some spots but it's still very tasteful...

Two musical spots that were a bit disappointing... In the intro to All New Materials you can hear the string sound when the action is set a bit too low on the guitar... It's the sound when your guitar strings are hitting the frets (slightly) somewhere on the neck while you press the notes, not allowing the string to fully ring out. I'm really glad they brought back the middle clean part in Zyglrox but there is just one chord that sounds freaking out of whack, it's the highest chord in the progression... I appreciate them trying to change things up, but it's a bit out of whack, especially the first time the chord is played. Kind of like they didn't fully hit the note or something.

There is something about this new singers voice that I hear that just annoys the .... out of me... it's a whiny mid/high tone that he hits with his voice that is like an ice pick in my ears... Example: During "Letter Experiment," starting at 3:23 he sings "Deep in the silence, our souls entwined" when he sings "silence" it is soooooooo freaking whiny,ear piercing and annoying as ....!!! Arg!!! His screams are the artificial low sounding screams as well... not impressed with those at all...

I will say that his high notes are some of the best in the business... I am very impressed with those.

Overall the vocals (for me) take away from a great sounding album... can't wait to hear the instrumentals.

I was very impressed with how each notes was played so clean in Insomnia... freakin' blew me away!!!

Can't wait to buy the album...

P.S. I was really looking forward to hearing All New Materials, Zyglrox and Racecar (my personal all time Periphery favorite, it's the new "To Live Is To Die...")... but his vocals just took away from those songs... very disappointing... again... this is all in my opinion, maybe he sounds different live? Who knows...

Mauricio "MO" Ortega
http://www.myspace.com/pigweedband
"Hey lunchbox, play yo dwums!"
mortega76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #337
Giddyup.

Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.Prydogga is pretty damn metal.
I DID NOT need to know that this is leaked, I am not going to get it for many reasons, but I am pissed because the full Insomnia is up and myspace is trying my patience by not loading the player.

M E M O I R S

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #338
Banned

I think the album is perfect.

one million and six out of one hundred. Thats scientifically impossible!

I feel like such a douch having listened to it already (on youtube).

I've spent about 80 dollars and merch/album from them though.
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #339
Giddyup.

NO! Why did I have to find the stuff on youtube!? Bulb, get them to take that shit down for the good of the nation!

M E M O I R S

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #340
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortega76 View Post
Can't wait to buy the album...
So hit the preorder... it's also the only way you're going to get the instrumental tracks unless you steal them

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:13 PM   #341
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.Customisbetter is pretty damn metal.
just don't listen to it.

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:15 PM   #342
ss.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer View Post
So hit the preorder... it's also the only way you're going to get the instrumental tracks unless you steal them
Point me to it and I'll do it now... I've always appreciated the music that Misha has shared with the community so it's only fitting we support him in his endeavors.

P.S. Also, no need to get defensive... "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone..."

Mauricio "MO" Ortega
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #343
ss.org Regular

cheepy91 is headed in the right direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metallisuk View Post
I think the album is perfect.

one million and six out of one hundred. Thats scientifically impossible!

I feel like such a douch having listened to it already (on youtube).

I've spent about 80 dollars and merch/album from them though.
same here hahah i just want to hear captain on now.
cheepy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:26 PM   #344
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customisbetter View Post
just don't listen to it.
"just don't listen to it" and "periphery" can;t be in the same sentence

it's like pronouncing hello with an x
Unread 04-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #345
ss.org Regular

Can someone point me to where I can purchase the album with the instrumentals too?

Edit: Nevermind... Misha posted it on the first post on this thread... hahahahaha

Edit2: Done... purchased the double disc... Best $20.69 I've spent in a while. Best of luck to Periphery!!! Now where is that petition to replace the Periphery singer?

Mauricio "MO" Ortega
Unread 04-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #346
SS.org Regular

Default_M is a jewel in the rough
Argh well I can't read this thread anymore if everyone's going to be listening to the leaked album and talking about their favourites parts and all the details of each track.
Default_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 01:28 PM   #347
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortega76 View Post
Can someone point me to where I can purchase the album with the instrumentals too?

Edit: Nevermind... Misha posted it on the first post on this thread... hahahahaha

Edit2: Done... purchased the double disc... Best $20.69 I've spent in a while. Best of luck to Periphery!!! Now where is that petition to replace the Periphery singer?
Cool.... and

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
Unread 04-09-2010, 01:39 PM   #348
WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

the new tune Insomnia is brutal as fuuuuuck.

its on the space already.

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #349
SS.org Regular

B36arin is a jewel in the rough
I've never been able to imagine Insomnia with vocals, it's always been an instrumental song for me. But it's not bad with vocals Aaah, the temptation to download! I don't think I will though, it's a shame to hear an album that I've been waiting for so long in shitty youtube quality. I want the real thing
B36arin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #350
Bring the gain

MikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himselfMikeH is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Just preordered the exclusive package #2 with the blue foil shirt. Now the anticipation sets in.

Lethal Force Fitness: Hardcore fitness for hardcore musicians.
KEEP IT GRIM IN THE GYM
MikeH is offline   Reply With Quote