homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree7390Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-01-2011, 12:24 PM   #3351
NOT a ss.org Regular

cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
so little material was completed even though he was in the band for close to a year.

at first we were bummed, but honestly having heard the stuff he is working on and hearing his production get better and better its clear that he belongs in the studio, so it all worked out in the end!
Quality > Quantity

Any date on that Casey-album? Or at least a year? 2018?
cataclysm_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 01:06 PM   #3352

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm_child View Post
Quality > Quantity

Any date on that Casey-album? Or at least a year? 2018?
i find it ironic that you followed up your quality > quantity statement with a question on when his album is gonna come out.
let me put it this way, in the many years casey has been my friend, he has actually completed 3 songs of his own. We are down to an average of less than a song a year at that rate. If you truly believe in your first statement, you will wait haha
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 01:33 PM   #3353
SS.org Regular

tbb529 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
i find it ironic that you followed up your quality > quantity statement with a question on when his album is gonna come out.
let me put it this way, in the many years casey has been my friend, he has actually completed 3 songs of his own. We are down to an average of less than a song a year at that rate. If you truly believe in your first statement, you will wait haha
So songs like We Are Legion and Illuminate are like waaaay old material that won't be on the finished album? I'm guessing we haven't heard any of the 3 songs you mentioned. I'll wait for his album as long as it takes, but he has such a good voice I just wish that there was more released material with his vox. I've heard the Periphery demos, a few solo songs, and his old pop punk band, but there doesn't seem to be much more than that.
tbb529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #3354

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbb529 View Post
So songs like We Are Legion and Illuminate are like waaaay old material that won't be on the finished album? I'm guessing we haven't heard any of the 3 songs you mentioned. I'll wait for his album as long as it takes, but he has such a good voice I just wish that there was more released material with his vox. I've heard the Periphery demos, a few solo songs, and his old pop punk band, but there doesn't seem to be much more than that.
remember was the first
illuminate was the second
and pheobe song was the third, but you guys havent heard that one and i cant give it to you sorry

none of those will be on the album, there are no guitars on the album he has planned, unless he changes his mind again haha
Unread 06-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #3355
do u evn djent fggt?

JosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Misha, I apoligize if this has been mentioned before but is there anywhere to buy or download (with good quality) the old Periphery EP still?
JosephAOI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 02:20 PM   #3356
NOT a ss.org Regular

cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.cataclysm_child is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
If I compare to the time I was waiting for the Periphery album, he still have plenty though!!

I would rather have 3 insanely awesome out-of-this-world-good songs, than 12 cool but kinda boring after two months of listening songs, yeah sure.
I'll be waiting.

cataclysm_child is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #3357

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephAOI View Post
Misha, I apoligize if this has been mentioned before but is there anywhere to buy or download (with good quality) the old Periphery EP still?
The only Ep we have out is the Icarus ep which just came out, the only other release we have is the self titled debut. Other than that its just about 150 free tracks for download from SoundClick artist: Bulb - Hello! I am Bulb! Enjoy the tunes!
Unread 06-01-2011, 03:40 PM   #3358
Custom User Title

Joose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to allJoose is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just 150 free tracks, no big deal.

Haha.
Joose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #3359
ss.org Regular

Rockettmeister will become famous soon enough
Casey's album will happen around the same time as the rapture, pretty sure that reverend dude worked out a date for it too
Rockettmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #3360
Recording Studio Nub

Iheartmidgetbooty is a jewel in the rough
I would wait every year to hear a new periphery song, if that were the scenario. It's like new years celebration cake...for your ears.
Guitarman700 likes this.

I love teh midget booties. Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, goooood.
Iheartmidgetbooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #3361
do u evn djent fggt?

JosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to beholdJosephAOI is a splendid one to behold
Damn... I was talking about the one with Jake (or was that Casey?) with 'Next, Please' and 'The Fast Ones' on it. I don't think they're avalible for download on your soundclick to my knowledge.
Unread 06-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #3362
is a nerd.

TheSilentWater is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Damn... I was talking about the one with Jake (or was that Casey?) with 'Next, Please' and 'The Fast Ones' on it. I don't think they're avalible for download on your soundclick to my knowledge.
Well I have Next Please and an instrumental "Periphery EP" version of The Fast Ones, both of which were downloaded from soundclick. I don't know if they've been deleted since.
TheSilentWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 09:09 PM   #3363
SS.org Regular

space frog is a jewel in the rough
^or you can find a mega upload link on the tube by searching for Osmodius that has about 100 tracks iirc.

My band:www.facebook.com/oftemples

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-some goodie in build process
-Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
space frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #3364
who callin my phone?

JakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud ofJakePeriphery has much to be proud of
Haha you guys want to hear that old jank.
JakePeriphery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #3365
do u evn djent fggt?

Damn straight, Jake. I'd like to hear it re-recorded with Spencer's vocals but you guys already said that was a no go.
Unread 06-02-2011, 12:50 AM   #3366

Quote:
Damn straight, Jake. I'd like to hear it re-recorded with Spencer's vocals but you guys already said that was a no go.
yeah but we arent going to peddle versions of our songs with vocals that we dislike by someone we dislike even more haha, im sure with enough searching you will come across them eventually, but i have no idea where, i dont even have those anymore
Unread 06-02-2011, 01:01 AM   #3367
Luguta Tapping Pro~

Cynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to all
Would you dislike your own mother if she was a vocalist?
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #3368

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
Would you dislike your own mother if she was a vocalist?
not quite sure where you are going with that one haha
Unread 06-02-2011, 01:45 AM   #3369
Luguta Tapping Pro~

Cynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to all
Sounds like you don't like half of the vocalists you've had.
Unread 06-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #3370
SS.org Regular

I remember seeing something the Orbinator wrote on a youtube playalong of the fast ones that said it has been agreed with all present and past Periphery members that that song would NEVER be on any record.

I'm curious to know why it has been decided so at that time though lol

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
Unread 06-02-2011, 02:15 PM   #3371
SS.org Regular

tbb529 will become famous soon enough
They've made it clear they don't like Jake Veredika as a person or a vocalist, they're obviously still friends with Casey, and they seemingly have personal problems with Chris but they haven't outright said they dislike his vocals, just that he blew his voice out on tour which obviously isn't cool for a touring band. And they love Spencer so yeah, they don't like 2 out of 4 vocalists they've had
tbb529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #3372

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
Sounds like you don't like half of the vocalists you've had.
Ah haha I see, not the most tactful person are ya, haha its okay, its the internet. Anyways no I dislike jake and chris because while everyone else in the band was working hard tomake progress with the band, their actions and/or lack thereof actually worked against and impeded progress. Repeatedly. And I don't find it unreasonable to find that unacceptable.
MerlinTKD and Bigfan like this.
Unread 06-03-2011, 12:17 AM   #3373
SS.org Regular

^That's totally legit. There is nothing that is more frustrating than ppl you work with that just don't work and therefore block your progress. In any work/job/hobby, whatever the situation or the context, that sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbb529 View Post
They've made it clear they don't like Jake Veredika as a person or a vocalist, they're obviously still friends with Casey, and they seemingly have personal problems with Chris but they haven't outright said they dislike his vocals, just that he blew his voice out on tour which obviously isn't cool for a touring band. And they love Spencer so yeah, they don't like 2 out of 4 vocalists they've had
Proof is just some pages back when there was the Spencer hate shit going on. Jake and Misha just burned every hater with the "he's our vocalist, he's part of the band, take it or leave it" argument.

Seriously that attitude towards haters is a statement by itself IMO.

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
Unread 06-03-2011, 12:45 AM   #3374
Luguta Tapping Pro~

Quote:
Ah haha I see, not the most tactful person are ya, haha its okay, its the internet. Anyways no I dislike jake and chris because while everyone else in the band was working hard tomake progress with the band, their actions and/or lack thereof actually worked against and impeded progress. Repeatedly. And I don't find it unreasonable to find that unacceptable.
Nope. I usually never take anything seriously (outside of music). My friends get on to me for it, on numerous occasions, for being inappropriate because I handle situations by joking around. I hope that I didn't step on your toes.

<3
Lucas Crowe and Nimgoble like this.
Unread 06-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #3375
ss.org Regular

seosubmitter is on a distinguished road
so whats a good program for programmed drums. i use fruity loops but they still sound fake. any ideas???
seosubmitter is offline   Reply With Quote