homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

Like Tree6906Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #2901
Nurturer

Insanity will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurkkuviipale View Post
You're going to catch them in Marienhamn?

Seriously though, nice to see that other finns are getting a hang of it!
I'm a Swede
Boats are plenty too
Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-03-2011, 04:47 PM   #2902
Another Sinking Shit

Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.Kurkkuviipale is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
I'm a Swede
Boats are plenty too
Well officially you are... oh what the .... be a swede then. (My apologizes if I was being offensive)
Kurkkuviipale is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #2903
Nurturer

Insanity will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurkkuviipale View Post
Well officially you are... oh what the .... be a swede then. (My apologizes if I was being offensive)
Not at all man. just fooling around ^^
Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:35 PM   #2904

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
now all we need is a few more norvaginas, and we can have ourselves a lil viking picnic
MerlinTKD and Bigfan like this.
bulb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #2905
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
now all we need is a few more norvaginas, and we can have ourselves a lil viking picnic
You coming to Norway, brah?

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 05:51 PM   #2906
sixstringer

Bigfan is a glorious beacon of lightBigfan is a glorious beacon of lightBigfan is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, us Bjorns (Top Gear) want to know. I'd definitely go.

Also, I'm proud to be a norvagina.
Bigfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #2907
rug
SS.org Regular

rug is a jewel in the rough
Hey, back off the Norwegians!
rug is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #2908
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
It's getting really Scandinavian in here...
DVRP likes this.

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #2909
SS.org Regular

space frog is a jewel in the rough
If I give everyone maple syrup will this turn into a frog forum??
Guitarman700 likes this.

My band:www.facebook.com/oftemples

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-some goodie in build process
-Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
space frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:02 PM   #2910
SS.org Regular

Guitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to beholdGuitarman700 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by space frog View Post
If I give everyone maple syrup will this turn into a frog forum??
I WANT SYRUP!

"FFDP is metal for Nascar fans."-Rick
"Someone said they like guns. I like Mel Gibson."-God
Guitarman700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 09:10 PM   #2911
SS.org Regular

You're in Michigan, drive a little and come up here in Quebec, it's sugar shack season!

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:23 PM   #2912
Need more gain

Lukifer is a glorious beacon of lightLukifer is a glorious beacon of lightLukifer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
So its top notch syrup ehh???
Lukifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #2913
SS.org Regular

ooo yeah it is!

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
Unread 04-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #2914
ss.org Regular

Steve08 is a jewel in the rough
Misha, kind of a weird question, but did you make some of the posts from Saturday whilst on your laptop at the Palladium? If so I may have watched you type them
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #2915
SS.org Regular

AirJordanStaal will become famous soon enough
I'm going to need you to come back to pittsburgh soonish, thanks, I messed my knee up and couldn't drive down for the show. I just watched icarus lives on youtube over and over and stared at the still photo. It wasn't the same.
AirJordanStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #2916
SS.org Regular

DSilence is a jewel in the rough
Any chance of you guys coming to New Zealand? It would be cool, but then I would understand if you guys think their isn't the fanbase for a stop here, but I have told a bunch of my mates so could probably gaurantee 6 at least lol
DSilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2011, 11:48 PM   #2917
SS.org Regular

Tranquilliser is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilence View Post
Any chance of you guys coming to New Zealand? It would be cool, but then I would understand if you guys think their isn't the fanbase for a stop here, but I have told a bunch of my mates so could probably gaurantee 6 at least lol
Well they've been down to Australia (sadly I didn't know about them at that stage) So hopefully they return, and yeah, they might stop NZ
Tranquilliser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 08:51 PM   #2918
SS.org Regular

ManBeast is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulb View Post
Nope, we are a band, take it or leave it dude, if you dont like it the way it is, there are 239842 other bands out there for you to listen to.
Seems like you guys are taking a complete 180 from your self titled release. If you were all about the band you wouldn't have released an instrumental then.

I hope you aren't forgetting most of your fans started by listening to your instrumental stuff like myself. Nuance and technicality are what got me into your grooves. Not saying vocals negate that, its just I think other vocalists were a better fit. I digress.

Just stating my opinion, release an instrumental album and you'll sell another record. Otherwise like you said, theres plenty of other bands out there I can shell my money out on.
ManBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #2919
Luguta Tapping Pro~

Cynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to allCynic is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ITT: Pretentious.
ScottyB724 likes this.
Cynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #2920
JDC
ss.org Regular

JDC is on a distinguished road
As Periphery are playing Sonsiphere UK, if you find the Alestorm guys you must challenge them to a game of forky forky!!!
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #2921
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
Seems like you guys are taking a complete 180 from your self titled release. If you were all about the band you wouldn't have released an instrumental then.

I hope you aren't forgetting most of your fans started by listening to your instrumental stuff like myself. Nuance and technicality are what got me into your grooves. Not saying vocals negate that, its just I think other vocalists were a better fit. I digress.

Just stating my opinion, release an instrumental album and you'll sell another record. Otherwise like you said, theres plenty of other bands out there I can shell my money out on.
Do you want me to tell you why you are wrong in alphabetical order or by importance?
I'll just say that what you dislike and call a 180 is called progression.
Isan likes this.

Main gear:
-Carvin DC727
-Ibanez S7320
-Jackson DK2M Dinky
-Axe Fx standard
-Orange PPC412
Unread 04-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #2922

bulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnatebulb is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post

We did the first one because a lot of people were introduced to us as an instrumental, and we thought for the hardcore fans who only ever knew us as an instrumental band, and for musicians who wanted to hear the instruments a bit better it could be cool, which is why we had it as a SUPPLEMENT, and because the test run did well we made it available on itunes as well.

We might do an instrumental of the next album or we might not, but if we do, it will once again be a limited release and be supplemental.

And honestly dude, you arent really a fan of our band, i have seen enough posts in this thread by you stating your perfectly valid opinion to know that.
With that said we really dont need your money (or anyone else who is shares your opinion on us), so using that as an argument will not sway our decision, save it up or spend it on a band you actually like. We write the music WE want to write for ourselves, and because of that im afraid you will never like us the way we are, and thats fine by me haha!
0 Xero 0 likes this.
Unread 04-05-2011, 12:19 AM   #2923
ss.org Regular

noxian is on a distinguished road
i've never really understood this behavior of trying to tell bands what to do.

there's always this battle with fans and artists over what the actual relationship between the two is. and technology these days making the distance between the artists and the fans closer than ever seems to really make some fans think they're literally part of the band.

but there reaches a point where you have to be clear that if you're a fan of the band, you're a fan of what THEY create. not of what they create as proxy for what you wanted to have created.

or you're just not a fan, and you can go elsewhere.

but you're not really a fan of the band if you're demanding they create the music you want created. because your music isn't the band's music.
and frankly in no way shape of form do they ever become YOUR band simply because you bought their music.

this may be a cold summation of the relationship, but at the end of the day they create and you consume.

or don't consume.

but you're not part of the creation.

so you kind of have 1 of 2 choices = accept what they're producing or move on.
whether it's debates over who Periphery's vocalist should be.
should they even have a vocalist.
whatever.

hell, if Periphery becomes a Taylor Swift tribute pop country band next album, you still have 2 choices = accept it or move on.
noxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 12:24 AM   #2924
Oaf Tobar

ROAR is just really niceROAR is just really nice
Pretty stoked for the show Friday. And I have a lesson with Jake again.
My life couldn't be better.
JakePeriphery likes this.

ROAR is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 12:50 AM   #2925

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxian View Post
i've never really understood this behavior of trying to tell bands what to do.

there's always this battle with fans and artists over what the actual relationship between the two is. and technology these days making the distance between the artists and the fans closer than ever seems to really make some fans think they're literally part of the band.

but there reaches a point where you have to be clear that if you're a fan of the band, you're a fan of what THEY create. not of what they create as proxy for what you wanted to have created.

or you're just not a fan, and you can go elsewhere.

but you're not really a fan of the band if you're demanding they create the music you want created. because your music isn't the band's music.
and frankly in no way shape of form do they ever become YOUR band simply because you bought their music.

this may be a cold summation of the relationship, but at the end of the day they create and you consume.

or don't consume.

but you're not part of the creation.

so you kind of have 1 of 2 choices = accept what they're producing or move on.
whether it's debates over who Periphery's vocalist should be.
should they even have a vocalist.
whatever.

hell, if Periphery becomes a Taylor Swift tribute pop country band next album, you still have 2 choices = accept it or move on.
if only everyone else was this sensible haha
but yeah this sums it up ever so well, thanks dude.

i think people sometimes forget that money/fame/etc are not a motivation for a lot of musicians, and definitely not for us (or we would definitely have picked a style of music that is actually popular and can actually generate those things)
The band and i are still doing what we were doing back when no one knew or cared about us, and that is writing something that we can be proud of.
We love our fans, but we love them because they accept what we write, not because they want to change us, and as much as everyone is entitled to their opinion, saying "i wish they would x, y and z" will literally have no bearing on what we do and is therefore just waste of time on their part.