homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-05-2010, 04:23 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

slapnutz is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Homeless guitar master.... awesome...sad..

Both in Paris over the past few years. Cheers to JPforum.

People ignoring and walking away from great guitar playing.... pretty much is our shredder vs mainstream metaphor being played out in reality.

I hope give him some decent change if youre in Paris.

Sory if its a repost.
slapnutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-05-2010, 04:30 AM   #2
Vallz und Veinaz

BlackMetalVenom is a jewel in the rough
If only more people had this kind of passion....
BlackMetalVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
Deftones Guru.

BrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to beholdBrainArt is a splendid one to behold
That man can play!

So sad about his situation, though.

I find it disgusting that people were just walking away from him pretty much bearing his heart and soul.

Member of the Injustice League with Pooluke41, Jakke and -42.

I am Poi; The Ipu pounding, Ukulele shredding rapey clown, who ruins childhood dreams of balloon animals!
BrainArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #4
-.-

Daggorath is a jewel in the rough
So sad that a man of this talent in ANY field is in this situation.

"Imagine your eyes dancing on the notes you wanna play
and forget about whether your hands can do it or not"
- Allan Holdsworth

For Sale: Laney VH100R - 400 [UK] PM for details.
Daggorath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
ss.org Regular

chucknorrishred is a jewel in the rough
2007......wonder whats he doing now
chucknorrishred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 07:28 AM   #6
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
maybe he should lay off the treble and distortion a lot and people might be a bit more receptive, because that tone is a bit face melting. nice playing though.
cyril v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 07:51 AM   #7

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Poor guy. Hope he makes in the business of music one day. He's definitely got chops.

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #8
"This is the end...

Furtive Glance is a glorious beacon of lightFurtive Glance is a glorious beacon of lightFurtive Glance is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril v View Post
maybe he should lay off the treble and distortion a lot and people might be a bit more receptive, because that tone is a bit face melting. nice playing though.
That might just be the phone/youtube quality.

This is the end of dog racing."
Furtive Glance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #9
Banned

Dehumanize is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Some people have chosen to lead homeless/nomadic lifestyles, especially artists around Paris. I wouldn't feel to sorry for him unless you really understand the situation. He could just be having a good time. Great shredding though! It's a shame nobody walking past seems to even acknowledge him.
Dehumanize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
SS Contributor

kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
you can walk around Berklee in the summer and see a bunch of guys like this playing out on the sidewalk.
some of them are great, some suck.
this guy has some tasty blues chops.
I would've thrown him a couple of bucks.

Axe Fx II in da house
kmanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

avenger is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The passion and emotion bleeds out of his guitar playing. This made my month.

avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #12
angel sword guardian

M3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to allM3CHK1LLA is a name known to all
what a player......wish i could pull some of those licks off.

I always thought Cliff getting killed instead of Lars was like John Lennon getting killed instead of Yoko - MJS
M3CHK1LLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #13
He seldomly knows...

Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.Explorer is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehumanize View Post
Some people have chosen to lead homeless/nomadic lifestyles, especially artists around Paris. I wouldn't feel to sorry for him unless you really understand the situation.
+1

There are lots of cities where I've seen incredible musicians who had chops, but who looked to be homeless. However, it takes more than chops to have success... and one of the other things one needs is dependability, as well as being able to do what is necessary to earn a working wage while one hopes to make it. I've known people who said F U to a normal job, and who felt that finding crash space until they were "discovered" was perfectly adequate.

I've known some dudes who eventually got tired of living on the streets, and who decided a roof over their heads and steady food was enough reason to swallow their pride and get a job washing dishes. I've also known dudes who didn't even want free food from a soup kitchen because they served everyone which was weird, because even at the bottom, apparently they were better than someone else... even if only in their own mind.

Paris and Madrid have some strange situations (as do other major cities), where there was some pretty amazing art being done by folks who were just trying to scrounge up enough money for their next fix. It was interesting watching the locals just hurrying by, and hearing various tourists lament about how these fine artists were being ignored by the people around them. *laugh* Since, for the locals, it wasn't about the art, but instead about not wanting drug pushers and users in their neighborhoods, one might want to consider the context in which someone is being ignored.

Anyway, I don't know the guy's story from the videos, so I can only ask why he's on the street. Is it consistent with someone who just couldn't make it as a musician? In other words, do all those who don't land a contract wind up on the street? Or, are there other factors leading to his only having talent in shredding, but not being able to keep a job?

If you don't care enough to research your own question, why should anyone else care more?

"Pay no attention to his long winded posts... (Explorer) seldomly knows what he's talking about." Adam Of Angels

"Actual knowledge and a google bookmark are very different things." Anonymous neg-repper
Explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

revclay is a jewel in the rough
I know that everyone here would probably at least appreciate his talent, but I don't think the average joe really cares too much. Being guitar players, we're all very biased when we see a video of a very talented but struggling guitar player. But most people don't understand how much work it takes to be that good at an instrument because they themselves don't play. And if this is what it took to be famous in the music industry, we'd be hearing a lot more shred than what we do. But that is not what people are into. So, it's not too surprising to see people walk by and not give him cash.
revclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #15
\m/

vhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of lightvhmetalx is a glorious beacon of light
This guy is awesome. The little tap melody at 1:28 or so in the first video is amazing.

"DUDE YOU ARE F*CKING DEAF"
"No i'm not.. I'm a musician"
vhmetalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 09:54 PM   #16
Irrelevant Name

misingonestring is just really nicemisingonestring is just really nice
Someone needs to pick him off the streets and record a solo album for him.
misingonestring is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 10:17 PM   #17
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
please note that the poor man is wearing nice leather shoes...

very talented though
signalgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 10:25 PM   #18
Shred till your dead

SpaceDock has much to be proud ofSpaceDock has much to be proud ofSpaceDock has much to be proud ofSpaceDock has much to be proud ofSpaceDock has much to be proud ofSpaceDock has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I am just wondering what his rig is? maybe a pandora with a cd player (backing tracks) and aux input?

SpaceDock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2010, 10:31 PM   #19
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Kids, you're looking in the face of the non-pop-schlock music industry five years into the future.

Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2010, 02:48 AM   #20
Loathes emulation...

CynicEidolon is just really niceCynicEidolon is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
How do you know he's not just some crazy ass studio musician that got bored one day and started to trip some acid and hit the streets with his Cube!? I mean... If you are going off of physical appearance alone... Look at Devin Townsend! That man looked like an alien race reject for years! haha.

My faith is sound and sound is my faith.

BREA http://www.breaband.com
Post-metal/Ambient/Stoner-Rock
(Isis, Jesu, Mastodon, Intronaut, Textures, Rosetta)

Artisan Studio
www.facebook.com/artisanstudio
CynicEidolon is offline   Reply With Quote