homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #1
cali-cornia bluffer

asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Peter Steele Dead?

Nothing official but check this out! Apparently it was a heart failure.

Peter Steele Allegedly Dead of Heart Failure | Bummer Alert | Metal Injection
asmegin_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-15-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
Resident burnout.

Colton165 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow. I wasnt a huge fan, but I really liked his voice. That sucks.
Colton165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #3
shitake...Kawasaki!

CJLsky is a glorious beacon of lightCJLsky is a glorious beacon of lightCJLsky is a glorious beacon of light
Holy shit, I hope this isn't true!! I'm not even that big of a Type O fan, but that dude's vocals are epic.
CJLsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 12:52 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

Wretched is just really niceWretched is just really nice
Duuuuuude. Just read the story on Blabbermouth. Hope it's some form of twisted TON-esque prank. I LOVE TON!

Pete's a freakin' legend. Hopefully not now the truer meaning of the word legend... dead.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #5
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Allegedly.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:22 AM   #6
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
I call bullshit.

He's pulled pranks before. Plus, he was clean now, so why would his heart fail at 48?
Peter Steele is now sober; into God and shit | Latest News | Metal Injection
^^ didnt that turn out to be a joke too?

...., I dont know.

Maybe I just don't want to believe it. Massive bummer if its true.

Liberty has never come from the government.
Liberty has always come from the subjects of it.
The history of liberty is a history of resistance.
- Woodrow Wilson
Chickenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #7
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
I know myspace is serious business and everything, but it's not on theirs. You think it would be.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-15-2010, 01:34 AM   #8
Freemanologist

Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.Chickenhawk is shredding to new heights.
Mistress Julyia (however she spells her name) said she talked to someone, who said he died.

Real reliable. Juliya has been dying for popularity since her show got kicked off TV. Plus, I've seen her titties...

- Woodrow Wilson
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:43 AM   #9
/)'3'(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitycomplex View Post
Plus, I've seen her titties...
Intriguing.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-15-2010, 01:45 AM   #10
Freemanologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittoa666 View Post
Intriguing.

Long story

- Woodrow Wilson
Unread 04-15-2010, 01:51 AM   #11
/)'3'(\

Quote:
Long story
Lol. You know someone's gonna ask sooner or later, so......

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-15-2010, 02:20 AM   #12
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Plus, he was clean now, so why would his heart fail at 48?
Ummm... years and years of cocaine abuse, maybe?
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 02:25 AM   #13
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Plus, he was clean now, so why would his heart fail at 48?
About four or five years back a friend of mine's dad just died out of the blue. He was 47, never did an illicit drug in his life, only drank on special occasions, and ran four days a week. Sometimes it just happens.

Not to mention, being clean now doesn't completely negate how you've treated your body over the past four or five decades.

This is sad if it's true, I always thought he was a real character and loved his interviews.

Though, I will say, this isn't the first time I've seen this headline.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #14
/)'3'(\

I really don't think anyone's gonna take this seriously, especially when the only sources are wikipedia and a washed up tv host that was never popular anyway.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-15-2010, 02:26 AM   #15
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Sigh... Type O Negative is my all-time favorite band and Peter was one of my heroes. An incredible talent who brought so much humor, uniqueness, and incredibly beautiful/heavy music to my life. I am heartbroken.

And yes it appears to be real. Check KNAC's website (very reputable), and several legit radio hosts have confirmed the news. I'd love for this to be a sick prank but I really doubt that's the case here. Peter has looked terribly sick over the last year or two, and his 20+ years of hardcore drug/alcohol abuse really must have finally took it's toll on the big guy

Quote:
I really don't think anyone's gonna take this seriously, especially when the only sources are wikipedia and a washed up tv host that was never popular anyway.
Actually Mistress Juliya is a fairly reputable source when it comes to Type O, they were pretty good friends. I can't see the purpose of making this up.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 02:29 AM   #16
/)'3'(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
Sigh... Type O Negative is my all-time favorite band and Peter was one of my heroes. An incredible talent who brought so much humor, uniqueness, and incredibly beautiful/heavy music to my life. I am heartbroken.

And yes it appears to be real. Check KNAC's website (very reputable), and several legit radio hosts have confirmed the news. I'd love for this to be a sick prank but I really doubt that's the case here. Peter has looked terribly sick over the last year or two, and his 20+ years of hardcore drug/alcohol abuse really must have finally took it's toll on the big guy
People would believe that it was real if they didn't pull stupid shit like this in the past. Goes to show that joking about this can really turn on you.

If it's 100% true, it sucks.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-15-2010, 02:48 AM   #17
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
People would believe that it was real if they didn't pull stupid shit like this in the past. Goes to show that joking about this can really turn on you.

If it's 100% true, it sucks.
They've always had a twisted sense of humor, and the past incident with the gravestone on TypeONegative.net was an obvious prank which most Type O fans 'got' immediately. This has a completely different feel to it, and seems to have already been confirmed. It's tragic, this guy was a complete ....ing genius: as a songwriter, as a lyricist, as a comedian, and as a personality. It's a shame, one can only assume the drugs finally caught up with him, although he's been supposedly clean in recent times.

Words can't express how much Peter and his work meant to my life. His music enriched my life in so many ways, helped me get through some really tough times, inspired me to become a musician, and hell... I've even made some good long-time friends thanks to Type O. I can link so many memories both in the distant past and recently to this band.

I can't think of one other artist who has written entire albums that give me goosebumps on a consistent basis, even all these years later. Absolutely timeless music, the best. I also feel terrible that Peter was never able to get healthy and find his 'druidess', and it's hard to reconcile the fact I will never hear any new Type O material.

Here's hoping somehow this is a disgusting hoax after all... :/

EDIT: http://twitter.com/thespyderz (Evan Seinfeld from Biohazard, one of Peter's friends confirms it's true

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 03:02 AM   #18
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
this is very sad news - i always loved type o, they had a huge influence on me and it was one of those bands i've always lsitened to - from my teenager-years, through growing up, till today....i still hope that this somehow turns out to be the baddest of their jokes, but somehow i just belive that its true - and who would wonder if some day the heart of a man with his lifestyle just stops? i've seen healthier people die...
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 03:54 AM   #19
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
wow RIP Peter.
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 04:09 AM   #20
SS.org Regular

Wretched is just really niceWretched is just really nice
....ing sad day, man.

And I'm sure many women will be mourning the loss of his 10in cock.
Wretched is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 04:12 AM   #21
/)'3'(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
....ing sad day, man.

And I'm sure many women will be mourning the loss of his 10in cock.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #22
Bollocks

Aysakh is a glorious beacon of lightAysakh is a glorious beacon of lightAysakh is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awww shit. Please don't be true.

I know coming from me this will sound funny and all..but you can't really confuse super glue with lube. - DrakkarTyrannis

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1041377

Aysakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 06:43 AM   #23
ss.org Regular

unitas will become famous soon enough
I just went to schecter's website and saw this:

"ZOMG AL QAEDA HAS BLOWN UP OUR OLD THREADS!! HIDE UR WOMENS!!" --newamerikangospel
unitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 06:54 AM   #24
SS.org Regular

Meshugger is a jewel in the rough
Damn, this sucks baaaaadly

Their album "October Rust" played an significant part of my teenage years. Being 15-16, getting drunk with that album playing in the background....ah, the memories...
Meshugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2010, 06:56 AM   #25
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Geezus, sad news indeed
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote