homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #1

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anybody ever watched Ron Jarzombek's The Cereal Mouse video?

By far it's one of the most amazing things I've seen in a while. This guy is a genius when it comes to music and timing. It's just ridiculous! My friend even told me "Spastic Ink2 had crazier music than the Blotted Science CD."

Which would be insane if so. I haven't heard any of it. Also, does anybody like the Spastic Ink CDs?

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Band: www.facebook.com/whisperfromheaven
For fans of Melodic-Metal.

"Once you have entered the Ocean... You have entered the food chain." - Dad
Xiphos68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #2
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Jarz is scary good.

Ride the wings of death!

"Seriously... You DO NOT headbang with your knees" Murmel

ittoa666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:40 PM   #3

Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.Xiphos68 is pretty much the man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittoa666 View Post
Jarz is scary good.

Heard his solos with Jeff Loomis on "Jato Unit" I was amazed! He was sweeping just like Loomis. I just love that his timing is so good!

Have a question about The Gospel or prayer request, PM me. Happy to help and God Bless!

Unread 04-07-2010, 08:52 PM   #4
/)'3'(\

ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.ittoa666 is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiphos68 View Post

Heard his solos with Jeff Loomis on "Jato Unit" I was amazed! He was sweeping just like Loomis. I just love that his timing is so good!
He makes some wicked looking guitars, too. His seven is sexy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RonJarzombek09Guitars.jpg (549.1 KB, 75 views)

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-07-2010, 08:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittoa666 View Post
He makes some wicked looking guitars, too. His seven is sexy.

I love those guitars! To think he made that 7 out of B.C. Rich!
Not saying there bad company now. But back then they didn't make the 7's they have now.

Unread 04-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #6
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
spastic inc is well worth the listen, you can get all 3 cds from his website for $25 shipped.. highly recommended.

Ron also has a guest solo on an obscura track, i think it's on the title track actually.
cyril v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #7
/)'3'(\

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril v View Post

Ron also has a guest solo on an obscura track, i think it's on the title track actually.
WHAT! Will find now!

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
/)'3'(\

Found! Low quality, but you can hear it.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #9
/)'3'(\

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
Fogdiver

Malacoda is just really niceMalacoda is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Spastic Ink is amazing, I even think they might top Blotted Science. I love them so much, I just had to cover "To Counter and Groove in E Minor".

And I truly love the Cereal Mouse.
Malacoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
/)'3'(\

Very nice cover.

Ride the wings of death!

Unread 04-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #12

sevenstringj is a glorious beacon of lightsevenstringj is a glorious beacon of lightsevenstringj is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I honestly don't see what's so amazing about that. I suppose if you never paid any attention to the music of old Warner Bros cartoons, then it could be impressive.

THIS, however, was genius (particularly the slow part in the middle):

sevenstringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:32 PM   #13
All Fourths Advocate

Waelstrum is just really niceWaelstrum is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyril v View Post
spastic inc is well worth the listen, you can get all 3 cds from his website for $25 shipped.. highly recommended.
3 CDs? I only have/heard of inc compatible and inc complete, what's the other?
Waelstrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #14
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
As far as I know they only has Ink Compatible and Ink Complete and I've only got Compatible since I didn't dig alot of Complete. What's this 3rd CD?

Also, check out Watchtower - it's got Jarzombek but copious amounts of bass groove and intense drumming

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:47 PM   #15
Fogdiver

Thanks!

There is no third CD just the two, Watchtower, and Blotted Science.
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:58 PM   #16
MFB
ExBendable

MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.MFB is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenstringj View Post
I honestly don't see what's so amazing about that. I suppose if you never paid any attention to the music of old Warner Bros cartoons, then it could be impressive.

What's amazing about it is the fact that the man put not only HEAPS of technicality into the music, but made it listenable and without even watching the video you have this sense of eb and flow from the song that becomes even better when you see it applied to the video. When I first heard it I thought of putting a video to it only to find out that's how it started and it also got me more into making music like that (where you have such emphasis on emotion in the notes and don't even need lyrics)

Too bad my attempts at it sucked and I never completed them

(・ω・`)

In space, no one can hear you bree. - Metal Ken
MFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 02:30 AM   #17
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ron is awesome, his has his own recognizable style of playing what is even more important than his incredible skills
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 05:35 AM   #18
love & peace!

Cyntex is just really niceCyntex is just really nice
Spastic Ink only has two cds, Ink Compatible and Ink Complete, the third one he's talking about is probably Ron's second solo effort Solitarily Speaking Theories of Confinement. I have Ink Compatible I think, the one with all the talk about computers. Wish I had complete, or the one with Counter In E minor, love that track.

I want to get a vending machine, with fun sized candy bars, and the glass in front is a magnifying glass. You'll be mad, but it will be too late.
Cyntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malacoda View Post
Spastic Ink is amazing, I even think they might top Blotted Science. I love them so much, I just had to cover "To Counter and Groove in E Minor".

And I truly love the Cereal Mouse.
Awesome dude!

Unread 04-08-2010, 06:29 AM   #20
Woopah!

Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.Leec is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
It's very old, so probably a lot of people here have seen it. But it's certainly great, you're right. Very inventive, despite sevenstringj's vaguely flippant and very dismissive comment.

I have both Spastic Ink albums. Whilst I appreciate them for what they are (technical efforts in writing and playing), and whilst I love Bobby's drumming (his instructional DVD is ace to watch; not so instructional, but very inspirational), I don't much care for their music. The guitar tone is quite unpleasant (hate the quick delay RJ uses) and I don't much care for most of the compositions. They'd be great to learn as RJ has quite an unusual playing style (didn't he break his arm and have it set back in a weird way?).

Anyhow, if you like the tracks you've heard, then you'd like the rest of both albums, I reckon. But the Cereal Mouse is probably the most pleasant example of his or SI's playing. The rest is a lot more abstract. Although I do absolutely love Mosquito Brain Surgery and Peppered Cancer.

youtube.com/ibanezcassidy - My YouTube channel. Guitar vidz.

www.soundclick.com/leecassidy - Let me squirt my music into your ears.

"You might as well be suckin' Wes Borland's no-talent dick if you play with any more than six strings on your ....ing guitar." - A Blabbermouth genius.
Leec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:31 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenstringj View Post

lol at thumper! I've haven't watched that movie in forever. That is impressive how uses the guitars to talk like the characters. Cool vid.

Unread 04-08-2010, 06:33 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leec View Post
It's very old, so probably a lot of people here have seen it. But it's certainly great, you're right. Very inventive, despite sevenstringj's vaguely flippant and very dismissive comment.

I have both Spastic Ink albums. Whilst I appreciate them for what they are (technical efforts in writing and playing), and whilst I love Bobby's drumming (his instructional DVD is ace to watch; not so instructional, but very inspirational), I don't much care for their music. The guitar tone is quite unpleasant (hate the quick delay RJ uses) and I don't much care for most of the compositions. They'd be great to learn as RJ has quite an unusual playing style (didn't he break his arm and have it set back in a weird way?).

Anyhow, if you like the tracks you've heard, then you'd like the rest of both albums, I reckon. But the Cereal Mouse is probably the most pleasant example of his or SI's playing. The rest is a lot more abstract. Although I do absolutely love Mosquito Brain Surgery and Peppered Cancer.
Thanks for the in depth info. I mean I don't like some parts of the music. I don't like it as much as Blotted Science but just the way he does these videos is what impressed me.

Unread 04-08-2010, 07:49 AM   #23
SS Contributor

cyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to beholdcyril v is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyntex View Post
Spastic Ink only has two cds, Ink Compatible and Ink Complete, the third one he's talking about is probably Ron's second solo effort Solitarily Speaking Theories of Confinement. I have Ink Compatible I think, the one with all the talk about computers. Wish I had complete, or the one with Counter In E minor, love that track.
Yeah, you're right actually. When I got the albums home I burned them to mp3's and then I added the 'Solitarily Speaking...." album to my Spastic Inc folder and changed the band name so i could find it easier, so it always came up as that. drrp.
cyril v is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #24
Fogdiver

Supposedly there's a new Blotted Science coming out soon. And Ron recently re-released PHHP!, a solo album.
Unread 04-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malacoda View Post
Supposedly there's a new Blotted Science coming out soon. And Ron recently re-released PHHP!, a solo album.
Huh? Who said? I haven't heard any update from him in a while.