homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > General Music Discussion
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

General Music Discussion All Music discussion here. Bands, styles, genres and anything else.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The most pretentious songs/videos ever?

Some songs can really move you with a deep message and make you rethink your life. Some songs try to do that, but fail oh so hilariously!

So which are the most pretentious songs you've ever heard? Plus points if you motivate why!

My first contender:

Sammy Hagar is a monster of a singer, but this... it's just impossible to take the guy seriously when watching this The lyrics are hilarious on their own but the running around on a football field fisting the air, the playing in front of planets with wind in hair and singing from mountain tops... you just can't put a price on that kind of comedy!

So go ahead, share now!

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial
JohnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-17-2010, 05:17 PM   #2
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
TRACES on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM   #3
Captain tying knots

Andii is a glorious beacon of lightAndii is a glorious beacon of lightAndii is a glorious beacon of light
the sun is forlorn
Andii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
Rainbow In The Dark

Origin is just really niceOrigin is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

..... Yeah.
Origin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Ikebana Noise Club

ry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to allry_z is a name known to all
Pain of Salvation - Be

All of it.

Except Imago, that song is great, and basically has the entire concept in itself. Daniel should have left it at that. Plus, it sounds like a sea shanty.
ry_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andii View Post
the sun is forlorn
He is indeed! I try to think of the most pretentious song names I can

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
Sir Roger Moore, KBE

Bungle is a glorious beacon of lightBungle is a glorious beacon of lightBungle is a glorious beacon of light
I'm surprised those Crabcore ....s haven't got a mention yet...

Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #8
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.

These 2 vids make me chuckle and cringe at the same time. Not a fan. And just think of the money blown on the first vid.
Bloody_Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:44 PM   #9
Worst Dude

Radicz0r is a jewel in the rough

just screaming and playing riffs helen keller could've seen coming just doesn't cut it anymoar
Radicz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:19 PM   #10
One Among the Fence

xXxPriestessxXx is a splendid one to beholdxXxPriestessxXx is a splendid one to beholdxXxPriestessxXx is a splendid one to beholdxXxPriestessxXx is a splendid one to beholdxXxPriestessxXx is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyxouJnI5S8

While I don't think this song is so bad, the video is ridiculous. This kid has one wish and it is to bring 30 Seconds to Mars, a band that this kid would know nothing about, back in time....

Stash the trash, beautify SS.org. Do your part to keep this place great. To learn more about the forum rules; CLICK HERE.

"You are the music, while the music lasts"- T.S. Eliot
xXxPriestessxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 03:08 AM   #11
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Pretty much any Guns'n'Roses video after they hit the bigtime. Creed and Nickelback also and any other religious bands
drmosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 04:13 AM   #12
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmosh View Post
Pretty much any Guns'n'Roses video after they hit the bigtime. Creed and Nickelback also and any other religious bands
This.

That whole "story within a story" concept with November Rain- Don't Cry- Estranged is so far over the line, they can't even see it anymore. The line is a dot to them.
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 04:46 AM   #13
Sir Paul of the Mosh

drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/drmosh is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattofvengeance View Post
This.

That whole "story within a story" concept with November Rain- Don't Cry- Estranged is so far over the line, they can't even see it anymore. The line is a dot to them.
slash's solos especially were always a high point. Him totally out of his face on various drugs, standing in the desert, emerging from the ocean. amazing
Unread 02-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #14
Singlecoils = tr00

JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.JohnIce is his own personal hero.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxPriestessxXx View Post

While I don't think this song is so bad, the video is ridiculous. This kid has one wish and it is to bring 30 Seconds to Mars, a band that this kid would know nothing about, back in time....
Haha I would've gone with the ice from the stars, personally... how cool would it be to find ice on a gigantic burning hydrogen ball!

This one is pretty funny too D'Angelgo is actually not that bad musically, he's got some pretty cool tunes and his band has always been tight as all hell, but you just can't take a video like this seriously... and for some reason it's called "Untitled", yet it has an undertitle that is "How foes it feel"... why not just call it that then?

Guitar player and vocalist of Mark Zero: https://www.facebook.com/MarkZeroOfficial

Last edited by JohnIce; 02-18-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 02-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #15
Now with Less Hair!

13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold13point9 is a splendid one to behold
Pretty much any power metal band has an OTT video, its just what they do, but I chuckle every time I see this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSDsYmZREwo

(STILL can't embed stuff on here~_~)

"I won't be satisfied until somebody can whammy a whole piano." Pink Freud

".... that, I'd rather eat 20 pounds of steak and then prove how jacked I am by having angry sex with their mothers whilst curling 200 pounds and drinking ale." maliciousteve
13point9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:14 AM   #17
Singlecoils = tr00

I'll just drop this off here:

"Stand and fight together, beneath the metal sky!"

Last edited by JohnIce; 02-18-2010 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #18
Sir Paul of the Mosh

Manowar became a parody of themselves a long long time ago.
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #19
Singlecoils = tr00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
...or any Silverchair post (and including) Neon Ballroom

Shit, that's horrible!

Reminds me of another very pretentious band, Angels and Airwaves I remember reading their myspace bio, something about how they were going to change the world and how Tom Delonge was Jesus, more or less. And how if you flip the middle A the band name is shortened to AVA which is the name of his daughter or whatever... this was when the DaVinci-code was popular, so there you go.

Turns out the band was equal parts U2, Coldplay and punk chord progressions. Some of the most horrible shit I've ever seen.

Unread 02-18-2010, 08:25 AM   #20
ss.org Regular

Kemra will become famous soon enough
IMHO this is the most pretentious steamer I have ever had the misfortune of suffering through:

A shame as I liked them on the album before this but after I saw/heard this that was it for me.
Kemra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 08:58 AM   #21
Singlecoils = tr00

This one is fun!

The chrous is about him being her "hero", yet the rest of the song revolves around him being the wussiest, sappiest due you could find... I also dig the part in the video where he heroically bakhand-slaps Mickey Rourke...

Unread 02-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #22
Hasta la vista, Baby

Emperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud ofEmperoff has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

HAHAHAHAH HUGE ROFL @ ENRIQUE IGLESIAS
Emperoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #23
Seven String Samurai

fretninjadave is a glorious beacon of lightfretninjadave is a glorious beacon of lightfretninjadave is a glorious beacon of light

fretninjadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 11:13 AM   #24
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
The lack of Right Said Fred, Rod Stewart, or Prince is disconcerting.

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLCİ
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #25
WWSD?

DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.DrakkarTyrannis is the epitome of metal.
Everything Beyonce does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnIce View Post

This one is pretty funny too D'Angelgo is actually not that bad musically, he's got some pretty cool tunes and his band has always been tight as all hell, but you just can't take a video like this seriously... and for some reason it's called "Untitled", yet it has an undertitle that is "How foes it feel"... why not just call it that then?

Hey hey..wait a minute now..that video was cool, and no not because of the nekkid sexies..but because of the effect it had on people. There was literally nothing in the video, not even any clothes and people watched and talked about it more than videos with actual nudity.

Last edited by DrakkarTyrannis; 02-18-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
DrakkarTyrannis is offline   Reply With Quote