homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Interviews, Reviews & Tech Articles > Gear Reviews
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear Reviews Sevenstring.org's fully interactive gear review database.

Comment
LinkBack Review Tools Display Modes
Bare Knuckle Miracle Man 7
Published by hitman
11-21-2006
Author review
Ease of Use
100%100%100%
Features
100%100%100%
Reliability
100%100%100%
Value
100%100%100%
Customer Support
100%100%100%
Expressiveness/Sounds
100%100%100%
Overall Rating
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Bare Knuckle Miracle Man 7

guitar model : Ibanez rg1527
body:basswood
neck:maple
fingerboard:rosewood
bridge pickup:Miracle Man 7 with 2 pole screw coils
neck pickup:stock shit !

first impression:
tight bass!smooth mids and cutting highs.the growl of low strings is brutal,but clear and never muddy.good for fast rithmn.in some sense it's a little bit similar to a jb in mahogany,but with more balls and bass .fantastic harmonics!the high strings sing on soloing,the tone is awsome .the sound is unique,it's handmade like BKP description stated,it has COLOSSAL POWER,big amount of drive ,but the sound with clean it's not distorded like X2N,also the split sound is rock'n'roll with distortion,and similar to a strato with cleans.
it's the best pickup i've ever played,it smokes all dimarzio and duncans i played
MM7 it's for the soloist guitarist and it's amazing on fast rithmn and palm-muting riffs.

never go wrong with bareknucke!!!

i'm sorry,but my english sucks really hard

By ohio_eric on 11-21-2006, 04:40 PM
I always wondered how a Miracle Man seven would sound. All the guys on the BKP boards seem smitten with Nailbombs and War Pigs. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Cool review to. Thanks.
By metalfiend666 on 11-21-2006, 04:43 PM
Hmm, maybe I'll have to try some BKP's in my KXK when it gets here.
By ohio_eric on 11-21-2006, 04:47 PM
My favorite thing about BKP is that Tim loves us metalheads. Most boutique builders only build PAF replicas. Tim builds a lot of pickups suitable for metal and even heavier.
By hitman on 11-21-2006, 04:52 PM
Quote:
I always wondered how a Miracle Man seven would sound. All the guys on the BKP boards seem smitten with Nailbombs and War Pigs. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Cool review to. Thanks.
thanks

the nailbonb has a classic rock tone (Tim's word),the warpig has more bass and thicker tone.i bought a miracle man,because i play a lot of soloing and fast rithmn.MM7 is the right pickup for it.warpig has more open bass and it's a little bit hotter,MM is tighter and cleaner.

Quote:
Hmm, maybe I'll have to try some BKP's in my KXK when it gets here.
please,go for it now!if you play barecknuckle,you'll not want to play nothing different.
By maliciousteve on 11-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Can't go wrong with Bareknuckles. I did have a Warpig 7 in my old washburn 7 string but my set up at the time was a bit shit so the lead tones were never great.

I'm smitten with their new Painkiller humbucker. It's the humbucker with the most mids (sounds FAT) and still has that fat bass responce and biting treble
By metalfiend666 on 11-22-2006, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman View Post
please,go for it now!if you play barecknuckle,you'll not want to play nothing different.
I would fit them straight off, but they cost a fortune in the US and are a lot cheaper here. Plus I can try the Dimarzio's I'm ordering it with in my other guitars as well.
By hitman on 11-23-2006, 05:37 AM
second impression:
long sustain,no string pull.like active's!!!with more distortion it has big a big grunt and rude sound on low strings.it sounds better with high amp volume.it suit perfectly my style
it has a zakky sound whit this equalization on amp:bass 7,mid 7,treble 8 .
it's all about MM7.i hope to record a short clip for ss.org.i need a mic.
By Maxingwell on 12-15-2006, 10:23 AM
I have a MM set in a six string and they are brutal. I also have a warpig set in another 6 string.
If anyone is interested, I'd say the main differences are that the MMs have a tighter bass for playing Fear Factory type riffs whereas the 'pigs have a bit more mid 'grunt' for Machine Head-ish type riffs. I'd say the MMs are slightly better than the pigs on a clean sound too. Really versatile pups.
Now I just need to find time to fit a custom 'pig in my new RG1527.
By SamSam on 12-25-2007, 04:34 PM
looking to buy a set for my ibby too but the BK site forum just says they're all amazing lol the pigs sound great cos I love the machine head tone!
By dpm on 12-25-2007, 07:40 PM
This is one of my favourite pickups too. Tight sounding and high output, great for fast DM riffing
By kmanick on 01-04-2008, 10:14 AM
thanks for the review , I've got a 7620 on it's way and I may drop in one of these and a cold sweat in the neck (If I end up liking the Ibby)
By Apophis on 01-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks nice review
Comment