homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-15-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

SHRC7 is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bugera 6202 vs Peavey 6505

I've heard these two amps are very similar, the Peavey being better but the Bugera being cheaper, is the extra cash really worth it on the Peavey? or is it almost as good to save alot and get the Bugera?
SHRC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-15-2009, 03:30 AM   #2
Captain tying knots

Andii is a glorious beacon of lightAndii is a glorious beacon of lightAndii is a glorious beacon of light
Get the Peavey. Made in the USA and very reliable. It's definitely worth the extra money.
Andii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 04:15 AM   #3
SS.org Regular

ykcirj is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Peaveys are rock solid amps. I suggest looking for a used one. It will be about the same price as the bugera is new. Supposedly the problems Bugera were having are fixed now. Its up to you though.
ykcirj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 05:23 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

Tyrant is a jewel in the rough
Can only speak for the 6505 as that is the only one I got. But it is a fantastic amp, havent regret buying it for a second.
Tyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 07:26 AM   #5
SS.org Regular

155 is a jewel in the rough
save now pay later
155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

Rotatous is just really niceRotatous is just really nice
I'd just go with the 6505, its a damn solid amp.
Rotatous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
cali-cornia bluffer

asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.asmegin_slayer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've played through both, Peavy all the way....
asmegin_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
Team Ibanez

mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.mattofvengeance is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Count me in for another 6505 vote. Get a 6505+ if you can.
mattofvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
6505+

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #10
Dybbuk

Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.Samer is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Peavey 3120 is the best IMO
Samer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 01:45 PM   #11
Texas CEO / RHLC

st2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of lightst2012 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
6505. You can usually find great deals on them used.
st2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #12
Wannabe Shredder

Hawksmoor is a glorious beacon of lightHawksmoor is a glorious beacon of lightHawksmoor is a glorious beacon of light
6505, it's a lot better at volumes.

Trust your ears.

In life and music, what is is but that doesn't always mean it's what it should. Change, is in our hands.

My band: http://www.corpusweb.eu/
Hawksmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 03:06 PM   #13
SS Contributor

kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
6505+ don't bother with the "make believe" amps

Axe Fx II in da house
Mark IV in da House
JVM in da House
kmanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #14

Rhoadkiller is a name known to allRhoadkiller is a name known to allRhoadkiller is a name known to allRhoadkiller is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
6505 hands down great amp
Rhoadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #15
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Your location says Sydney. I'm assuming that's Australia, which means the Bugera might be a better value for you since Peavey is retardedly expensive there IIRC. Look at the price of both, and if the Peavey is a shit load more than the Bugera than I think the choice is obvious. Just make sure you buy a newer one that's had the reliability issues fixed if you do go that route.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 09:45 PM   #16

kazE is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I owned a Bugera 333XL for a while. Incredible amp for the money.

I believe there are a few videos on YouTube of people A/B's the 6260 and the 6505 and you can't really tell the difference.

Here's a guy who sold his 6505 for a 6202:

He also has a 2 part review of the 6202.
kazE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 09:56 PM   #17
ss.org Regular

drenzium can only hope to improve
you get what you pay for.

everyone loves to save money and a lot of deals usually happen because of good deals in terms of money also, its ultimately up to you and you probably already have your mind made up to go with the 6262.

if you really are passionate about having a good tone and not a "similar" tone, im all for saving for the 5150/6505

Check out my band. Add us!
drenzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 10:09 PM   #18
ss.org Regular

SHRC7 is headed in the right direction.
Thanks guys, I'm definately going Peavey now but JJ is right, Peaveys are retardedly expensive over here but I can wangle a used one for about $1200 or new they are $2000> but I reckon I'll try find a used one, and I'm going 6505 not the +
SHRC7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #19
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
you may find you want seperate EQ's later

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #20
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazE View Post
I owned a Bugera 333XL for a while. Incredible amp for the money.

I believe there are a few videos on YouTube of people A/B's the 6260 and the 6505 and you can't really tell the difference.

Here's a guy who sold his 6505 for a 6202:

He also has a 2 part review of the 6202.
Watching the first part of his review, and I'm fairly certain this guy has ONLY ever owned the 6505+ he sold because stuff he's listing as "features" or "nice touches" actually exist on like 90% of amps

If I could score a Bugera for like $300 used or something, I might just because it's cheap. I think I actually almost bought one one time because I saw it used but it got snatched up too quickly.

EDIT: Also says he never got any "umph" out of the 6505+. I'm pretty sure that guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 12:27 AM   #21
Captain tying knots

Andii is a glorious beacon of lightAndii is a glorious beacon of lightAndii is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
EDIT: Also says he never got any "umph" out of the 6505+. I'm pretty sure that guy doesn't know what the hell he's talking about
Good point.
Andii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 02:12 AM   #22
Serious ....age

Arsis is a jewel in the rough
Interesting, I didn't even know this amp existed. I remember there was some used bugera head at GC that had some cool lead tone.
Arsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #23
Bassist of Redivider

Despised_0515 is a name known to allDespised_0515 is a name known to allDespised_0515 is a name known to allDespised_0515 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Sounds pretty good to me guys

I'd say, reliability won't be too much of an issue as long as you're not gigging with it.
Despised_0515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #24
SS Contributor

kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
No doubt , Bugera has pretty much nailed the "tone" , but you get what you paid for

Axe Fx II in da house
Mark IV in da House
JVM in da House
kmanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #25

kazE is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
FYI: The Q&A issues they were having before have since been fixed. They are pretty reliable now.
kazE is offline   Reply With Quote