homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Smile Tube suggestions...(EL34's and 6505 replacements)

Ok,

After reading the JJ consistency thread

Im a little...

Can anyone suggest good reliable EL34's for my Dual Rec?

I was thinking about just getting Mesa EL34's. Also, My 6505+ needs a full retube, suggestions for High Gain would be cool as I was looking at getting a high gain kit from Eurotubes.

Lanks athot!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #2
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd try the mesa EL34's. thetubestore.com Audio and vacuum tubes for your amplifier. for the 6505+ stuff perhaps?

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 10:15 AM   #3
AVH
avhguitarrepair.com

AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.AVH is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
JJ's are experiencing a very high failure rate for the past while...probably the most reliable EL34's for high gain use are generally Svetlana's, Mullard's, Tung-sol's and apparently the Shugang's are super tight and crunchy when driven hard.
AVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys. I have Shanguang's in the 6505+ now. They seem pretty good maybe I will just get some nice Tung-sol 12AX7 for the pre.

Mesa seems to pride themselves on their tube quality.

Anyone have experience/oppinions with Sovtek and Electro Harmonix?
Unread 09-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
EHX EL34's came stock in the JSX, sounded good while they were in there

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #6
SS Contributor

kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.kmanick is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Eh tubes are bright.
I had Ruby winged C's in my 6505+ while I had it and I thought they sounded great!
JJ' s always sound good in peaveys
go here and get them Doug is really good about making sure his customers are happy
and you can cll him or email him and ask him for alternatives depending on what you're looking for.
Tubes geared to your sound - Doug's Tubes

Axe Fx II in da house
kmanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

Underworld is a name known to allUnderworld is a name known to allUnderworld is a name known to allUnderworld is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
I always use SED EL34 and Tung-Sol 12AX7. Best combination EVAR!

<a href=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Progenies/452143194873352 target=_blank>https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proge...52143194873352</a>
Underworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2009, 07:02 AM   #8
SSBRO.org regular

Seems Tungs are the best for pre's. I have Shanguang pres in the 6505+ now and they sound good, but I don't have anything to compare it to.

I might get an assortment. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Unread 09-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #9
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
do you have the 6505 bias moded? because if not, the JJs would last you longer than for example in my amp, as it runs very cold.

up to now: the only tubes lasting for me longer than a year are SED/Svetlana Winged Cs.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote