homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

jedaprin is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile AcmeBarGig Knuckle Head FreeWare Release

OK, so here's amp number 3 from the Classic Hybrid line!

Knuckle Head (you see where we're going with these names?) is a bad boy bruiser with a sweet and soft side that it's not afraid to show! While this amp wouldn't think twice about assaulting your ears with decimating tone (DSP JOKE! :P)it can also churn out some sweet, soothing chimes for the softer-side of things - and don't think it's scared to get raunchy either!

Knuckle Head is Capable of kicking out tones that range from sweet, glistening cleans to SRV and Yardbirds style smokin' hot crunch right through to punishing high gain destruction - Knuckle Head does it all with style!

Here's what Ken has to say about Knuckle Head!:

'Knuckle head is the brute force amp of the collection. His poweramp is the main tone maker, it gives you a raunchy heavy distortion or a nice crunchy yardbirds type tone. Although it is capable of all the sounds in between. I have only ever been able to get this distorted sound from a real amp and no other amp sim has ever been abe to give me the raunchy sort of distorted high mid that this one does. With mid cranked, Treble master cranked, bass 3/4, Treble off, master 1/4 everything else cranked, it will give you a superb machine gun type of fast picking while riding a string, like picking the e string really fast while palm muting.'

He's damn right about the palm muting, this thing feels absolutely perfect for chugging style riffs and will have your right hand chugging up and down like there's no tomorrow, in fact, you probably haven't had this much fun chugging like this since you were 15 and had the house to yourself for a night...

So, if you haven't got Dick Head and Meat Head already, go get them (now!!) and round off the trio! Check back tomorrow to come one sim closer to completing the collection!

Bear in mind the Preampus Line amps are HEAD ONLY, you will NEED to use some external cabinet modeling, we highly recommend LePou's LeCab, which you can grab here: LePou Plugins: LeCab v1.0

Download Knuckle Head at AcmeBarGig | Affordable High Quality VST Plugins

DISCLAIMER:
There are a number of real world amps that make use of the term 'Knuckle Head' - AcmeBarGig's Preampus Knuckle Head is in no way related to any of these amps, it is not a tonal copy in any way of any amp that might bear the term Knuckle Head, nor is it in any way affiliated with any manufacturer of amps that bear the term.
jedaprin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
ss.org Irregular

ccc187307 is a jewel in the rough
Stop ripping people off with stealing their names. If you are talented enough to actually make the product then the name shouldnt be that big of a deal.

Unbelievable.

ccc187307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
ABG plugins are great, they don't need fancy names. They're little known and makes no money out of these so I don't see problem really...

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
ss.org Regular

Me i Have Nothing To Do With Naming These Amps My Dad Creates Them And Names Them Honestly I Think It Be Best If You Discussed This With Him

All The Best Jedaprin AcmeBarGig Has A Forum You Can Go To
Unread 09-13-2009, 09:42 PM   #5
Extended Ranger

Hollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himselfHollowway is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
These look so cool - I might have to fire up the old PC again if you guys don't do a mac version soon!
Hollowway is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 01:23 AM   #6
SS.org Regular

Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan View Post
ABG plugins are great, they don't need fancy names. They're little known and makes no money out of these so I don't see problem really...
Eeeexactly. Nice release, .
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
ss.org Irregular

It's Cool, I Hope Everything Goes Well For You And Your Dad.

Unread 09-15-2009, 01:51 AM   #8
ss.org Regular

JohnnyMcFly will become famous soon enough
ccc187307

Thanks for your interest, check the reply I gave you in the meat head thread where you complained about the name...Hopefully that will clear up any mis-conceptions...

Guys we have FrankenAmp coming very soon, FrankenAmp takes all the components from all of our heads. Puts it all into one head and allows you to select the components yourself. So, say the tonestack from Meat Head, The power amp from Knuckle Head, The gain stages from Razor, ETC...You should be able to craft a pretty original sound with this one. At the very least you'll be tweaking for weeks! I believe its something like 20-30,000 combinations which would be like having 20-30,000 different heads...I don't know the combination number yet for sure because we have not yet stopped making heads for it. I believe we are nearing 20 now..

Anyways thanks a lot for checking these things out and if you have any questions feel free to email me. Click my signature in the head..
KM
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #9
ss.org Irregular

Being in a pissy mood that day, i came off way too harsh and i apologize for my statements. You seem to be doing honest work with your stuff and i respect that.

Unread 09-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #10
ss.org Regular

Excellent I Cant Wait To Post The Franken Amp Im Sure This One Will Be Amazing This Is The First Ive Heard Of It

All The Best Jedaprin