homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

Parka Dez is a splendid one to beholdParka Dez is a splendid one to beholdParka Dez is a splendid one to beholdParka Dez is a splendid one to beholdParka Dez is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My complete rig (AxeFx, VHT, Zilla, Blackmachine BKPs woot woot)

So after a few months of getting everything together, then finally deciding on the tolex colour of my cab my rig is now complete!

So the rig is made up of a Furman, two AxeFx's, a VHT 2:50:2 and a Digi 002. The other guitarist cab is an old Marshall 1960a cab loaded with v30s and beam blockers. My cab is a custom built Zilla cab (company from the UK) loaded with v30s and purple tolex for extra tone. Digi 002 controls all our patches, with us playing to a click track.

Extremely impressed with the Zilla cab, is built extremely well and sounds huge. Bottom end is extremely tight, and cuts extremely well in our band practices. Will no doubt have some clips up shortly!
Parka Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-31-2009, 04:25 PM   #2
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
fun times

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 133 reviews
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
S-O
t(-.-t)

S-O is just really niceS-O is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Awesome! That's pretty nifty, sharing the same rack case, and the same power amp. And the b6 is yum too.
S-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
blarg

ajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
So your using your 002 Rack as a controller? Can you explain that a little bit.

Member of the RHLC!
ajdehoogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

Parka Dez is a splendid one to beholdParka Dez is a splendid one to beholdParka Dez is a splendid one to beholdParka Dez is a splendid one to beholdParka Dez is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdehoogh View Post
So your using your 002 Rack as a controller? Can you explain that a little bit.
Sure thing. Basically the midi outs on the digi 002 go into the AxeFx midi inputs. We have our set, written out to a click track with interludes and synths etc. So basically you create channels of midi representing the Axe Fx and put in program changes on the midi track at the correct place in the time line. This allows us to have subtle patch changes such as different gates for different riffs and reverbs etc.
Unread 08-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
blarg

ajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Damn....that's sweet dude. I bet that took some time to write out.

Member of the RHLC!
ajdehoogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

Jagw is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Awesome setup Dez, looks really good having both setups in one rack case.
Jagw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #9
ss.org Regular

drenzium can only hope to improve
Incredible.
drenzium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 11:57 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Fred is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Jesus Christ. That's pretty much everything I could possibly want in one rig. Nice!
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
Chool Whhhip

ToniS is just really niceToniS is just really nice
Very nice, and the Digi 002 controlling MIDI is a cool idea
ToniS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 12:23 AM   #12
Deathgrind Maniac

Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
do the digi is controlling the axe and changing patches for you the entire time? no messing around with foot switches at all? that must have taken a while to program. plus all the new programming per song etc.

wow.

------------------------

Don't talk shit about total.
Crucified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 01:08 AM   #13
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
That's a nice lookin' rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parka Dez View Post
Sure thing. Basically the midi outs on the digi 002 go into the AxeFx midi inputs. We have our set, written out to a click track with interludes and synths etc. So basically you create channels of midi representing the Axe Fx and put in program changes on the midi track at the correct place in the time line. This allows us to have subtle patch changes such as different gates for different riffs and reverbs etc.
That's a pretty damn neat idea!

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #14
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
...., crazy rig bro, wow!
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 02:00 AM   #15
ss.org Regular

tbird11 is a jewel in the rough
That is one truely hi-tech kickass rig, as crucified said i bet it took forever to program it all. Props to you and your live rig. Monstrous!
tbird11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 02:11 AM   #16
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Congratulations, I believe you have the most efficient and practical rig ever.

Bravo.
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 02:36 AM   #17
SS.org Regular

troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.troyguitar is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
That is the most intelligent stage setup I've ever seen or heard of... good job.
troyguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 02:45 AM   #18
SS.org Regular

AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.AlexWadeWC is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
That is the most amazing thing ever.

So basically the Digi 002 is hooked up to a computer or something that has the midi programmed out and you just hit play and it will play all the interludes and synths and switch the channels on your Axe FX's for you?
AlexWadeWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 05:13 AM   #19
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
cool
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 05:53 AM   #20
Rivethead Magnate.

Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.Daemoniac is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drenzium View Post
Incredible.
Understatement, but oh my yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYBERSYN View Post
Congratulations, I believe you have the most efficient and practical rig ever.

Bravo.
Again, oh my yes This is one of the most insanely awesome setups i've ever seen
Daemoniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 06:51 AM   #21
SS.org Regular

Cheers guys! Glad you are all digging it!

Crucified - That is correct. No footswitches. This was the main reason we went with this idea, as we would rather concentrate on the performance and our playing then trying not to be dizzy while changing a patch.

AlexWadeWC - It is connected to a Macbook Pro, which is running a Pro Tools Session, which has all the things we need (backing, click and switching).

We used to have Engl Powerballs, using a midi head switcher to control the amps, however we kind of fell out of love with the Powerballs and having everything in one rack made the most sense when going for our new setups.
Unread 09-01-2009, 07:17 AM   #22
Hairy Old Bloke

hairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to allhairychris is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Badassed.

GADZOOKS AND ODDS BODKINS!!!!!
Not a hipster: Blackmachine, Jaden Rose, Paul Reed Smith, Fender, Ibanez, Jackson, Gibson, Boss, Diezel, Marshall, Framus, VHT, Ampeg, Electro Harmonix, Korg, Alesis, MFB, Doepfer, Moog, Arturia.
hairychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 07:26 AM   #23
Ňran Mór

Fler is on a distinguished road
That is a remarkably intelligent setup there, very simple and efficient. Well stoked to see the full range of MIDI and AxeFX capabilities explored!

(((OM

Ňran Mór - ambient/drone/experimental exploration. Infrasonic adventurer.
Fler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #24
Set up us the bomb

MF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himselfMF_Kitten is deemed true by Crom himself
i love the idea! i couldn´t do something like that myself though, because i would forget where the exact patch change was, and miss it. i´m a kind of "improvise the crossover" kinda guy. i like the way it´s all so practical and perfect though, and i can imagine how it would be freeing to use it. you have to really know your songs, too.

kudos, and i hate you for having awesome gear. which you probably worked hard to earn, but still!

--------------------------------------
What will metal be doing in ten years? What ever Meshuggah will be doing in two.
-Anthony
MF_Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2009, 09:35 AM   #25
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Freaking amazing! It'd get my vote for Rig of the Month, if such existed.

My signal path (on the works): Schecter KM-7 > Axe Fx Ultra
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote