homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

View Poll Results: What amp would you buy?
V-AMPIRE POWER PACK LX1200H/BG412H 8 25.81%
MARSHALL MG100DFX/250DFX 5 16.13%
Spider II 112 Combo/212 Combo 18 58.06%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-14-2006, 03:41 AM   #26
dpm
Oni Guitars

dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Haven't tried them. Also look at this http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod3893.htm

If you could scam another $1000 they have a GH50L + Quad Box package - now that is a nice amp.

I'm currently catching up with emails, please be patient
dpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 03:48 AM   #27
SS.org Regular

neon_black88 is a name known to allneon_black88 is a name known to allneon_black88 is a name known to allneon_black88 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
haha theres no way I could get close to another 1000. 1000 is even pushing it, infact I dont think I can even go for something 300 bucks over my limit. I wish I alreaddy had a sweet guitar so I could fork out more cash for a better amp, but I really want that c-7blackjack
neon_black88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 03:52 AM   #28
dpm
Oni Guitars

dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.dpm is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
BTW, the Blackjack is $1299 from bmusic

I'm currently catching up with emails, please be patient
dpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 04:16 AM   #29
SS.org Regular

neon_black88 is a name known to allneon_black88 is a name known to allneon_black88 is a name known to allneon_black88 is a name known to all
Yeah i think im gana settle for 1400 from a local music store, just cause its easy to get to, and i curretly have 2 stores fighting over me for a buy so I will see who can do the best deal
Unread 05-14-2006, 06:27 AM   #30
Spastic Kitchen!

bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.bostjan is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Don't forget to tell them that you can get one online for $1299 before you pay. See how low they'll go first, and if they don't go below that, harp at them.

Or see if you can find a used/b-stock c-7, you never know until you look.

You're spending a lot of money, so if you cut a little of the corners, you could save a lot or get your money to go a lot further.

[URL="http://sites.google.com/site/bostjanzupancickhereb/"[/URL]
bostjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2006, 04:34 PM   #31
Sixstring Revolution

Dolflundgren is on a distinguished road
^words of wisdom. Any money you can shave off the overrall purchase is going to make life a lot easier for you, in terms of getting what you want for what you want to spend. If bmusic has the guitar for $1299, that's probably with free shipping and no sales tax. Make sure you mention this to whatever local shop you're going to and if they can't match it, then get the one from Bmusic. That'll leave you at least an extra $100 to put towards an amp and don't just buy "whatever's in your price range" because you may regret it.

And laney makes some sweet amplifiers, especially for that nasty chuggy metal.
Dolflundgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2006, 05:46 PM   #32
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Dude, the main rule of second hand:

If you don't like it, sell it for the amount you paid for it

If you buy stuff new and it then sucks, then you INSTANTLY have lost half your money. I've not bought anything new for years, and have collected decent gear, on a budget.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2006, 02:01 PM   #33
ss.org Regular

Murray1012006 is on a distinguished road
Behringer any day! outta them 3 anyways, some metal sound!

"Modern High Gain", Full bass, Mid & Treble 1/2 way! score! :>
Murray1012006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2006, 09:22 PM   #34
you fail me

forelander is just really niceforelander is just really nice
Peavey Valve king plus a distortion pedal of your choice will get you the volume you're after and cost around the 1000 dollar aus mark. They're 850 from www.guitar.com.au Not the best solution bbut it's a pretty cheap and decent tube combo amp, it's what i'm using and it definitely gets the job done.

Jetzt liegst du hier, ganz regungslos, in meiner hand und meinem schoß, du bist so kalt...
forelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 12:46 AM   #35
SS.org Regular

hey I actually bought a valveking for myself but I really dont like the tuned down tones I get out of this, especially for palm muting, what do you think? Do you have the 112 or 212?
Unread 08-03-2006, 01:05 AM   #36
you fail me

forelander is just really niceforelander is just really nice
I've got the 112 and I don't care much for the stock distortion at all for rhythm though its very nice for leads. Cleans are damn good, and I use a line 6 ubermetal pedal for rhythm stuff, though I'm considering changing the pedal or the entire amp because I dislike the fact that I sound just like anyone else with a line 6 ubermetal.

Jetzt liegst du hier, ganz regungslos, in meiner hand und meinem schoß, du bist so kalt...
forelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 01:10 AM   #37
SS.org Regular

I might try a few pedals then... i hate the rhythm tone i get from it, unless im only playing open chords, which is almost never. I havent played it much because I prefer the tone of my v-amp into my computer
Unread 08-03-2006, 01:13 AM   #38
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
change the tubes and the speakers.

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote