homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #1
pixel pusher

mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Setting up Axe fx, power amp & two 212cabs?

Ok so I'm confused on the proper way to set up and connect my Axe Fx, Fryette 2/90/2 and two 212 cabs. ( one is a Fryette fatbottom the other is a Vetta cab)

I loved having my Vetta 2 on one side and the extra cab on the other when playing sitting down.

So now I have more stuff in this new set up and I'm scared of f**ing something up trying to connect it all.

Here's pics of all the inputs-

Also what should the Ohm settings be for the cabs and poweramp?

Thanks in advance for any advice
mikernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #2
Deathgrind Maniac

Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
run another cable from the axe fx unbalanced "right" jack to the second fryette power amp side(channel b)
set the channel a to 8 ohms for the fryette cab only, and 4 ohms on the channel b for the vetta cab only.

doing it this way means you get true stereo sound and can set up one amp per speaker cab as well, or for stereo effects. just make sure you always have the same cab plugged into the same channel so you don't have to set the ohms every time.

------------------------

Don't talk shit about total.
Crucified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #3
pixel pusher

mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.mikernaut is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Well that was working most this afternoon then I got a loud pop sound thru the Vetta cab and it returns when I turn on channel B ( then no sound coming out of the vetta cab)

Hooked up the vetta cab back to the vetta 2 combo and it works fine so I didn't blow a speaker it seems.

So did I blow a tube or something in channel B? Ugh sadness
mikernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 49 reviews
Emailed.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2009, 06:58 PM   #5
Deathgrind Maniac

Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
probably just a fuse. you may need to take it to someone that can check those things.

------------------------

Don't talk shit about total.
Crucified is offline   Reply With Quote