homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

Nastinate513 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Need help with the 6505+ grill mod!

I searched but i didnt find anything on here i could be wrong though if so point me in the right direction. Im looking for a step by step grill mod. Im looking to either take the piece of wood out and paint it like white or something, or i saw the LED mod and that would also be very sick. If anyone had any tips or tricks to this mod it would be much appreciated. This amp is kinda my pride and joy and I would really rather not completely .... it up by doing a half assed job.

Thanks guys,
Nate

"My lies shall rot with me, for i'm an honest man"
AHFW
Nastinate513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I took out the wood panel for the other guitarist in my band, and as far as I can remember, it's really not difficult. His was an old 5150, I'm not sure if the construction is any different, but anyway, this is how I did it: Unscrew the screws on the sides and you should just be able to pull the grille/panel out. get a screwdriver or something else that you can use to pry off the staples to get the grille off of the wood panel. at that point, do whatever you want tot he wood panel ie: paint, or whatever you have in mind (we just scrapped the wood and installed the grille without it, it looks pretty killer). Be careful, however, when stapling the grille back on the panel - the wood is really cheap, brittle stuff, so if you use staples that are too thick, it WILL crack. Pop it back into the front of the head, screw it back in and you should be good to go. I hope that helps!
JeffFromMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 01:00 AM   #3
ss.org Regular

Nastinate513 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks alot dude im gonna get started on it tomorrow ill post some pics to let you know how it goes.

"My lies shall rot with me, for i'm an honest man"
AHFW
Nastinate513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 02:05 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

pirateparty is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I remember a guy from a band that used to play down here replaced the "5150" logo with "KILL YOURSELF" it looked like it came from the factory that way too.
pirateparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #5
porkshop sammiches

sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.
I've posted pics here of my old 5150ii and 5150 that I've lit up. There are two screws on each side of the head that's holding the wood panel. Be sure to remove those first!!

ɹıɐ-lǝq pǝllɐɔ uʍoʇ ɐ ɟo ǝɔuıɹd ǝɥʇ ǝɯɐɔǝq ı ʍoɥ noʎ llǝʇ ll,ı
ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇıs ʇsnɾ ǝʇnuıɯ ɐ ǝʞɐʇ oʇ ǝʞıl p,ı puɐ
uʍop ǝpısdn pǝuɹnʇ 'pǝddılɟ ʇoƃ ǝɟıl ʎɯ
ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ llɐ ʎɹoʇs ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ ʍou

OH GOD WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS - DDDorian
sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
Beardaholic.

Beardyman is a jewel in the rough
There was a guy I seen play live a lot locally who replaced his 5150 logo, with a 666. Needless to say, it looked awesome
Beardyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 04:25 PM   #7
The Decepticon

Triple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
So I took out the front grill, I have a question. If the screws went directly into the wood then how would I reinstall the grill without the wood?

For some sweet progressive/grunge/metal, check out my band:
www.facebook.com/wearenihilistcrane

Our debut ep will be available April 1st!

For all my solo stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/brianharrigan
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 06:10 PM   #8
Banned

Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Magic.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
The Decepticon

Triple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to beholdTriple7 is a splendid one to behold
I ended up pulling the front wood panel off of the 2 side wood blocks, and then stapling the grill to those and screwing it back in. The grill sits back about a half an inch but I think it looks pretty sweet! While I was in there I also turned the bias up as far as it would go, which did make a noticeable difference, I think I am gonna get the full bias mod though.

For some sweet progressive/grunge/metal, check out my band:
www.facebook.com/wearenihilistcrane

Our debut ep will be available April 1st!

For all my solo stuff:
https://soundcloud.com/brianharrigan
Triple7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
porkshop sammiches

sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.sami is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Magic.

Yeah, I used staples mahself when I did it to my 5150 mk1. on my 5150, I think I glued the lexan panel to them. Can't remember for sure.

ɹıɐ-lǝq pǝllɐɔ uʍoʇ ɐ ɟo ǝɔuıɹd ǝɥʇ ǝɯɐɔǝq ı ʍoɥ noʎ llǝʇ ll,ı
ǝɹǝɥʇ ʇɥƃıɹ ʇıs ʇsnɾ ǝʇnuıɯ ɐ ǝʞɐʇ oʇ ǝʞıl p,ı puɐ
uʍop ǝpısdn pǝuɹnʇ 'pǝddılɟ ʇoƃ ǝɟıl ʎɯ
ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ llɐ ʎɹoʇs ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ ʍou

OH GOD WHY AM I TELLING YOU THIS - DDDorian
sami is offline   Reply With Quote