homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #1
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
NAD: Fryette content...

Today I received my 2/90/2 bought from Zimbloth here on the forum. I'm really impressed with it so far, I got to mess with it a little before it got too late.

I'm using it with the AxeFx, and all of the models shine through much clearer than with the 50/50 I was using, I noticed that immediately. The Fryette is also a lot more aggressive, especially when you push the voicing switch. The presence control is also a lot more useful. On the 50/50 if I turned the presence down, it sounded much too dark to my ears, so it stayed at 10. On the Fryette it can go from very dark to very bright, all in all the control serves more of a purpose.

I've also returned to using the Vader, which works very nicely with the Fryette.

I have not had too much time to mess with different models on the AxeFx, but I did test out the Energyball model, which was awesome, soooo much better sounding through the Fryette. I've never played a real Engl, but the model definitely has the right vibe, with the voicing switch pushed on the Fryette, it's pure aggression.

On the power amp sims.....I still prefer them off so far. I tried them off, on, and on-no thump, and still the power amp sims just don't work for me through a tube power amp.

The Fryette shipped with Sovtek KT88s and Ruby 12AX7s. Some funny things are, the circuit boards are stamped VHT and the box it came in is a VHT box, turned inside out, with the VHT logos blacked out.

I'll take some rig pics later
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hell yeah.

I want to hear some clips.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
what amp is the 50/50 ? I laughed at the box part, sounds typical of a rename.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnateRick is Odin incarnate
Peavey.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Hell yeah.

I want to hear some clips.
We're going to finally start tracking for the album soon, so we'll make some clips while we're at it I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-EJ915 View Post
what amp is the 50/50 ? I laughed at the box part, sounds typical of a rename.
Yeah, I found it hilarious when I noticed the box thing

The 50/50 is the Mesa power amp.
Unread 04-11-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
Medicine Chief/RHLCİ

Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.Groff is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Scweet!!

AHHH MOTHERLAND!

All hail soviet Arktanistan-Groffistan!
Groff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 04:55 AM   #7
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Awesome any samples ??
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 05:16 AM   #8
Ibanez fanboi

Wi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of lightWi77iam is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Wi77iam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #9
Ex Whiny Bitch

Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.Scar Symmetry is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
we were promised Fryette content

What happened to Jeff? Funny how he dropped off the radar now that the entire Western world disagrees with his right wing bullshit.
Scar Symmetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #10
Arktanian Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Symmetry View Post
we were promised Fryette content
Quote:
Originally Posted by william93 View Post
In time.

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but we plan on tracking today, so we'll get some clips and pics.
Unread 04-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #11
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Very nice stuff.
I'm considering one of these power amps too, they seem better value for money than the Mesa stuff, in Australia at least anyway.
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
ALL HAIL DJOD

Oh, so you can't take pics at the same time as tracking?

What kind of help are you?

Head of Agile Gestapo

Unread 04-11-2009, 01:11 PM   #13
S-O
t(-.-t)

S-O is just really niceS-O is just really nice
Awesome, I this was the setup I was wanting if I ever got the $ to get it XD

Can't wait for clips/pics
S-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 01:29 PM   #14
stay tuned

damigu is just really nicedamigu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
pics or it didn't happen.
damigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #15
Arktanian Diplomat

Whores....you've seen a 2/90/2 why are the pica necessary?
Unread 04-11-2009, 05:33 PM   #16

sevenstringj is a glorious beacon of lightsevenstringj is a glorious beacon of lightsevenstringj is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepp88 View Post
Whores....you've seen a 2/90/2 why are the pica necessary?
I've seen DD's, too. Don't mind seeing more DD's.
sevenstringj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #17
s l e l f

biggness is a splendid one to beholdbiggness is a splendid one to beholdbiggness is a splendid one to beholdbiggness is a splendid one to beholdbiggness is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Congrats man, these are some sweet power amps.

If you would like to have a bit "fun" with your new stereo power amp, try to find a bass enclosure(I use a Hartke 2x10) Then run your normal guitar rig with one side of the VHT/Fryette and with the other side, run a crossover along with your preamp into the bass enclosure. Crank your normal tone to taste then slowly bring up the subs till it starts filling in the tone. This sounds phenomenal!!!

Worth at least checking out, unless of course, you plan on using that other side for something useful.

| Axe-Fx Ultra > Fryette 2/90/2 > Mesa Recto 4x12 |
-------------Various Ibanez Shredders-------------
My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not...
biggness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #18
Arktanian Diplomat

Snapped a few pictures for you guys while recording today, clips forthcoming.

Unread 04-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #19
Doom man of Doom.

Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Harry is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I see the pictures.
I approve of the pictures
Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:27 PM   #20
stay tuned

damigu is just really nicedamigu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
me likey!

what 2 mics are those?
looks like an SM57 and a heil PR30?
damigu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 03:14 AM   #21
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Awesome man, I just saw this now. I'm glad it's working out for you, and thanks again for picking it up from me

Looks badass too! I'm tempted to try out the Fryette 2/50/2 I have for sale with my Axe-Fx but I think it would be best to keep it sealed for at least a little while longer

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Diezel, Orange, Fryette, ESP, Caparison, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Parker, Flaxwood, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 03:17 AM   #22
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
congrats mike!
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #23
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
...., it's tempting to grab one of those, but it's really pricey Not to mention the weight would kill me.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #24
SS Contributor

ohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnateohio_eric is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Rodriguez View Post
Not to mention the weight would kill me.
Man up!! Ya ....ing pansy!!!
ohio_eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #25
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Dude, the 2/90/2 probably weighs as much as I do
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote