homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

The Rhone will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good Digital Delay

Can anyone reccommend a good Digital Delay. I've got about 75 and need tap tempo. Any thoughts????

Metal is for Life not just for Christmas
The Rhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

Inazone is just really niceInazone is just really nice
I've always found the Boss DD-series to be extremely reliable. I routinely practiced, recorded and gigged with a Boss DD-2 that I bought *used* in 1991 until buying a Tech 21 Boost DLA last fall. If not for the volume boost on the DLA (which I need for solos) I'd still be using the Boss exclusively.

Inazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
Уродливый, но честны

JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.JeffFromMtl is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I'll agree with the Boss DD- series. I have a DD-6 that I bought unfortunately, just before they discontinued it and released the DD-7. Both guitarists in a band I used to play bass for had the DD-7, and it was pretty damn good, and the modulation feature was pretty cool.
JeffFromMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2009, 04:15 PM   #4
wake up dead

7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold7slinger is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I hear good things about the MXR carbon copy, but a little over your price range me thinks
7slinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 12:17 AM   #5
plays sixes

Benraldo is a jewel in the rough
I've used the line 6 Echo park in the past with great results.
Benraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
ss.org Regular

uo13x will become famous soon enough
i have a boss giga delay...it's practically new, i tried to mess with it like 2-3 times and i got it like 2 months ago...brand new....normally sells for $220,...i'll sell it to you for $195 plus shipping
uo13x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 03:27 AM   #7
Loathes emulation...

CynicEidolon is just really niceCynicEidolon is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
DD-7 owned. As does a Keeley Mod Line 6 DL-4. Those are the two that I'm going to run soon.

My faith is sound and sound is my faith.

BREA http://www.breaband.com
Post-metal/Ambient/Stoner-Rock
(Isis, Jesu, Mastodon, Intronaut, Textures, Rosetta)

Artisan Studio
www.facebook.com/artisanstudio
CynicEidolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 07:27 AM   #8
SS Contributor

7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
The new DD7 is greatness, as are the true-bypass digitech hardwire series. The delay is very organic sounding, actually

I've achieved good results with my digitech digidelay, but I've no reason to off it for the hardwire just yet. However, once it goes, I'd get a DD7 or the hardwire

Ramen!
7StringofAblicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #9
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
The Boss DD delays are excellent units, but unless you're willing to get a second hand one you won't get them for 75. Same goes for the Line 6 ones.
As an alternative, I'd recommend the Digitech X Series delay, which has similar specs to the higher end Boss ones (tap tempo, hold function, reverse delay, tape simulator), sounds excellent, and usually goes for about 70.

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 10:01 AM   #10
Iraq Lobster.

synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.synrgy is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I bought my DD-3 used in the mid 1990's, and I've abused the shit out of it since then. Today it still works just as well as it did when I bought it. I can't recommend the DD series enough.

Boss stompboxes are pretty much it so far as I'm concerned. I consider other brands for rack gear, but for individual effect floor pedals I don't trust anybody else. I've owned other makes over the years (digitech, dod, etc) and none of them are built as solidly or work as dependably as the Boss do. They are to stompboxes what Technics 1200s are to turntables.
synrgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
Loathes emulation...

CynicEidolon is just really niceCynicEidolon is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
+1 on the Hardwire series! Those things rock!!

My faith is sound and sound is my faith.

BREA http://www.breaband.com
Post-metal/Ambient/Stoner-Rock
(Isis, Jesu, Mastodon, Intronaut, Textures, Rosetta)

Artisan Studio
www.facebook.com/artisanstudio
CynicEidolon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 04:13 AM   #12
splees

Splees is just really niceSplees is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
aye aye the Hardwire is the best delay in that price range.
Splees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

The Rhone will become famous soon enough
Probably going to go for the Boss DD6, it seems like it's tried and tested, also the Digitech is just out of my price range.

Metal is for Life not just for Christmas
The Rhone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #14
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Boss DDs like everyone said, are great units. I loved the DD-20 so much I bought my sister one for her keyboards.

Getting a Time Machine myself.
Bloody_Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 04:28 AM   #15
SS.org Regular

vontetzianos is a splendid one to beholdvontetzianos is a splendid one to beholdvontetzianos is a splendid one to beholdvontetzianos is a splendid one to beholdvontetzianos is a splendid one to behold
Whatever you do, don't get the Digitech Digidelay- it's aweful. Notes smear together and it really isn't good for use on a gain channel. The hardwire one was much better so that's an option.

The carbon copy is pretty good. That's analog so I don't know if that's what you're looking for.
vontetzianos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #16
SS.org Regular

Pewtershmit is a jewel in the rough
The Eventide Time Factor is by far the best Delay I've ever played through.
Pewtershmit is offline   Reply With Quote