homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree66Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #76
SS.org Regular

vlover is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHh Ok.
vlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-31-2009, 02:21 PM   #77
ss.org Regular

diseasewithin will become famous soon enough
Stole a little from here little from there

Borrowed quite a bit of the sound from Petrucci's rig but here's what I came up with for my touring rig and I am very happy with.

I use a Sennheiser wireless rack unit. The receiver sends out to my Pedaltrain board.

There I goes through a Morely Bad Horsie Wah, into an Ernie Ball stereo volume/pan pedal. The A out goes back to my rack and the B out goes to my Korg Pitch Black tuner. This lets me have the tuner on as I play, and If I want to go quiet I just hit the pan lever and I am tuning silently. On the board I have a Voodoo Labs Ground Controller. I live by this. Since I sing and am the sole guitar guy I needed simplification. This allows me to program each passage of a song as a single button push. Amp A clean, with Amp B slightly distorted, chorus on, tap, both amps in face peeling gain, no effects, tap, and so on. I lay the songs out as a bank per son, and then patches in sequential order as they appear in the song. This works really well for me.

The return line from the board hits the Guitar tracking feature of mu noise canceller a ISP Technologies Decimator Pro Rack G Stereo Mod. I go buffered out to my Voodoo Labs GCX switchers (2 of them) where all the magic happens. I run the se effects in this chain each on its own switch in/out loop. Rocktron 300 series Compressor, Digitech Hyperphase, Keeley Mod Tube Screamer, MXR Zakk Wylde OD (this I add to the Tubes creamer on solos mostly), Eventide Mod Factor, and a Line 6 DL4 (delay modeler). These are all in front of both amps. My whole signal goes through an Aphex Aural Exciter for guitar and then I split the signal out to my two amps. Each line hits my Ebtech Hum Canceller rack unit, then the headís input. I run a Mesa Mk IV short head and a Mesa Blackface Rack Dual Channel Dual Rectifier. The rec simply runs itís loop through the ISP noise canceller. The Mk IV has a TC G Major 2 in itís loop after the ISP Noise Canceller that gives me verbs, delays and boosts I use in soloing mostly, and harmonizers. The Mk IV is my soloing amp. Throw in 50 or so cables and a Rock Hard Cases 16 space rack case with shock mounted head compartments and there you have it.

Live I am using all Ibanez Guitars, S7420 MIJ 7s and MIJ S540 and 470 6s. I love Mahogany. In the studio I also use my PRSís and an old but very beloved Kramer Nightswan.

I call it the poorer guys Petrucci rig.
diseasewithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2009, 03:22 PM   #78
Seven String Samurai

fretninjadave is a glorious beacon of lightfretninjadave is a glorious beacon of lightfretninjadave is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variant View Post

Bumping my thread to keep it alive. Not really a full pedalboard/rig spec, but I thought this was quite interesting. Now, we all know that at his absolute most forgiving, and loaded to the gills with morphine, even the baby Jesus still ....ing hates Jack White... but the copper plating of all his pedals is just too cool not to post:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/590/img1972rv6.jpg

I'd contemplate doing something like this with my stuff, but way too many of my pedals are in plastic cases, his are all conveniently in metal housings.
Dont they copper plate stuff so their sheilded like some high end guitar cavity.I've seen it done.
fretninjadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2009, 12:45 AM   #79
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
Ty Tabor running down his current iteration of his rig:

HateTank likes this.
Variant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2009, 05:15 AM   #80
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
for Mike Stern. I love a true stereo chorus!

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #81
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Juan Alderete de la Pena (or for Racer X fans, John Alderete):

Saw Mars Volta the other night and only realised that Juan uses more pedals live than Omar.
slenderman likes this.
Bloody_Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #82
SS.org Regular

vlover is on a distinguished road
Here is Slash's rig. In all his interviews about it, he calls it a simple rig. I get the feeling he shows up to a gig, plugs in, and let the tech's do everything else.

Al: Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or ....in' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back.

Al Swearengen: God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes.
vlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 11:56 PM   #83
Banned

Variant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himselfVariant is deemed true by Crom himself
^

Too bad I don't like his tone... at all. Its grating, really.
Unread 02-10-2010, 01:48 AM   #84
Djavli te ponesli

El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I love Slash's tone.

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
El Caco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 04:16 AM   #85
Lord Green Fingers

maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
considering how basic his tone sounds, he uses a shit loud of stuff. He could get the same results just by using maybe 2 amps and a couple of pedals
maliciousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:31 AM   #86
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
@ both Steves

My signal path (on the works): Schecter KM-7 > Axe Fx Ultra
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2010, 05:39 AM   #87
Djavli te ponesli

El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.El Caco is deemed true.

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Unread 02-12-2010, 06:17 AM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7eve View Post
I love Slash's tone.
To each his own, I guess... it's always sounded way too dry, and nasaly thin to me (which I guess, was the perfect compliment to Axl's voice ), unlike the glassy goodness that comes in at 1:17 on this song:

ryantheyetti likes this.
Unread 02-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #89
Djavli te ponesli

Different tones for different purposes, I like both but Slash's is a lot more versatile.

Unread 03-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #90
ss.org Regular

transperformanc is a jewel in the rough
here are some cool rigs

tell me what you think of these rigsmsamps.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3812882143_009ff93e73.jpg (55.1 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0798.jpg (102.5 KB, 165 views)
transperformanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #91
Banned

Lower right is Manbear's, that I know for sure.
Unread 03-13-2010, 01:04 PM   #92
SS.org Regular

victim5150 is just really nicevictim5150 is just really nice
EVH's rig.
victim5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 01:12 PM   #93
Carvin Fanboy

NickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to allNickCormier is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody_Inferno View Post
Juan Alderete de la Pena (or for Racer X fans, John Alderete):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2275/...9598ddfb_o.jpg

Saw Mars Volta the other night and only realised that Juan uses more pedals live than Omar.
Well, think about how much effect usage is in Mars Volta songs for the 2nd guitar? I did a cover of Eriatarka in my last gigging band, and I played the effects-lines.. It was basically 5 minutes of massive delay.
NickCormier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #94
Silence is Violence

Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.Bloody_Inferno can play Erotomania with his toes.
Joe Satriani's most recent Chickenfoot rig:

Shows the prototype pedal that would become the Ice 9 Overdrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCormier View Post
Well, think about how much effect usage is in Mars Volta songs for the 2nd guitar? I did a cover of Eriatarka in my last gigging band, and I played the effects-lines.. It was basically 5 minutes of massive delay.
That's true. Funny enough, on their last tour, Paul Hojinos was no longer with the band. It was just Omar on guitar and they played Eriatarka... it was still amazing.
Bloody_Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 02:38 AM   #95
Beet Farmer

dewy is a jewel in the rough
New Megadeth rig

That is indeed AxeFXes for both Chris and Dave. Power amps are in there, but aren't used, no cabs or anything, all running direct.

dewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #96
Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

InTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^ Ams those...Axe Fx's?

even Megadave couldn't dial one of those in badly...could he?

Sabaton
InTheRavensName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #97
Djavli te ponesli

I don't think Dave dialed in his old rig, in the video when he talked about the GSP1101 he didn't even know what it was, I'm pretty sure he leaves that up to someone else.
Unread 03-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #98
Dog says yes ^.^ Yes

InTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud ofInTheRavensName has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
...good point, to be honest I can't imagine him getting on with much more than Bass/Mid/Treble/Gain.

Sabaton
InTheRavensName is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 02:17 AM   #99
SS Contributor

Ostia Man is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This thread should be closed and erased from the archives....
every time I see those pictures I have a new list of gear I "need".

awsome thread really...
Ostia Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2010, 02:40 AM   #100
SS Contributor

Ostia Man is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Zack Wylde

pedalboard
Ostia Man is offline   Reply With Quote