homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 10-04-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ISP Decimator vs. G-string?

So i've been tossing around the idea of getting a Decimator to help w/ noise.

there was one up on CL in TO for $75, probably shoulda jumped on that when i saw it. however when debating a $400 tattoo, you hold off on these things

anyway, so i just ebay'd the Decimator to see if any are available. I clicked on the G-string, to see what exactly makes it different then the Decimator.

Is it basically you can run it this way:
guitar-boost-ISP-amp

and have your signal maintained?

I'm not sure i understand the benefits of the G-string, and will pick up the Decimator at some point.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 10-04-2008, 01:54 PM   #2
The Viking himself

stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The benefits are, the noise gate that runs in your effects loop, is controlled by the input signal before it even hits your amp, as you plug it in before the amp. This way, the only thing affecting the noise gate is the actual guitar signal, not the already distorted preamp signal.
stuh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #3
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
still not sure i get it lol.

how would it look all hooked up?

(im tired, cantcha tell?)

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
SS.org Regular

thedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to allthedownside is a name known to all
hmmmm, looks like you can run it similar to the boss ns2. run your raw guitar to the in, then loop in the od. i've been meaning to try this with my setup and my ns2, just havent gotten around to messing with it. i'll try it tommorow maybe
thedownside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
The Viking himself

stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/stuh84 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
To run the G string you go

Guitar > G string in > amp input
Effects loop > g string loop > Effects loop return

What happens on the input, influences the effects loops gate.
stuh84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Guitar goes into the G-String input, OD and preamp go in the loop. I've also heard that the G-string has the faster gating that was updated on the rack units and never quite made it to the regular pedal version.

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2008, 07:32 PM   #7
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
was this a Decimator pedal or the ProrackG

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 07:33 AM   #8
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
bumpedy-bump-bump

has anyone A/B-ed the normal Decimator and the G-string pedals yet? i'm aware of the frontofamp+intheloop-function of the G-string, but can anyone confirm the faster-attack thing that Tom mentioned?

i'm ready to pick one of these up, would be good if the normal one works as good as the G-string when its up to attack.

i start to kinda hate the Boss NS-2 - works for me only with very extreme settings and then it starts sucking sustain a LOT, also i start to mention a little "farting" (besides the usual "sag" from my amp, that i love) after stopped palm mutes.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #9
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Since it's been bumped anyway, does anyone have anything to say about the G-String vs the Pro Rack G?

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 02:58 PM   #10
God is dad

Sang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of lightSang-Drax is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm also curious on this one =)

My signal path (on the works): Schecter KM-7 > Axe Fx Ultra
Sang-Drax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2008, 03:05 PM   #11
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I thought the ProRack and G-String were almost identical from a circuitry standpoint.

I'm about to trade my regular Decimator for a G-String because while it does a nice job in front of the amp, once i shut off the boost and switch to the clean channel, it lops off my attack. The G-String will give me the noise suppression i need plus i won't ever have to shut it off.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote