homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:14 AM   #1
Not good at guitar

brother mack is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My epic wait for this NGD. Mini picstory (56k = 56 hours)

Sorry for the slighty shitty photos. They were taken on my phone. Ok, here we go.

For the last few months, my rig has been looking pretty shithouse. A sad state of affairs indeed.

So after weeks and weeks and WEEKS of waiting the box finally arrives. (The top one)

But whats this? Argh, Packing tape! My nemesis......

Time to consult my adviser here to find out what needs to be done.

I stop to consider his proposal

As always, his suggestion is on the money. Proper hardcore!

Cut cut cut cut cut cut.................

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! The glorious glow can only mean one thing.......

Lets take a peek shall we.

And there she is. My new Randall T2. Ahhhh, so good

Finally, my rig is complete. I waited SOOOOOO long for it to get here but i can tell you that it was well worth it. I love this amp! Here some better pics taken a day later on a proper camera.

My board

I can now bask in the T2s warming glowing glow

Well it probably wasnt overly exciting for some of you but for those who know me know how long i waited for this ampo and how truly pumped i am with it. I hope you enjoyed my first picstory. Thanks for looking!
brother mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-01-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice. How does it sound?
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:29 AM   #3
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Bound is a name known to allBound is a name known to allBound is a name known to allBound is a name known to all
Nice!!! Stab saw for the box opening w1n

my mother.... she never loved me. She always says she wishes shes was a raped by someone else ~Borat
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:51 AM   #4
Not good at guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Nice. How does it sound?
Totally badass dude! Tonnes of gain, i only have it running at around 1-2 o'clock depending on my mood, but also with the Maxon OD808. Very tight bottom end also which i love. I owned a 5150 combo before i got this and IMO the tone of the Randall compared to my Peavey were very similar. Thats why i got it. Im very happy with it and recommend it to anyone looking for a new amp.
Unread 04-01-2008, 06:56 AM   #5
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
T2 ftw

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #6
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Very cool man, I've wanted to try one of those out but no one has them around here. I hear good things about it though. Congrats!
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:07 AM   #7
Stay negative!

Korbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to allKorbain is a name known to all
Nice. Makes me jelous, i wanna update my gear lol but can't afford it at the moment. Be sure to record up some stuff with this and your new sexy 7 string

http://soundcloud.com/korbaink7 New song on the way, added a new one a few weeks ago
Korbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 07:07 AM   #8
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
very nice amp, congratulations! i think the T2 is the best solidstate/hybrid i've ever tried.

could you compare it with the V2? i never could try the V2 and always wandered if there is a main difference at the sound between them or if the V2 is just the T2 with a ....load of knobs, channels and stuff...

+extra rep for the pulp fiction pic.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #9
Banned

Apophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himselfApophis is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 02:52 PM   #10
Classy
Super Moderator

Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.Randy has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Looks gooood... sound clips?

I don't care if it rains or freezes
Long as I got my plastic Jesus
Sittin' on the dashboard of my car

Argbadh - RHLC©
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 03:06 PM   #11
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by petereanima View Post
+extra rep for the pulp fiction pic.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #12
Not good at guitar

Cheers guys

When i get a chance ill try and get a decent quality clip up for anyone wanting to hear the T2 in action.
Unread 04-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #13
Melowiddler

DaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to all
Nice score on the randall. Strangely, Im equally intruiged by the cables on your pedal board (yeah, issues...), what you got there??

UK Guitar Teacher and Session Guitarist

DaveCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2008, 09:01 PM   #14
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
your ibanez chorus =
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 12:19 AM   #15
Manager / RHLC ©

skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Very nice, I want to try one of those

Back to da 'hood (sevenstring.org)
skinhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 12:41 AM   #16
That Guy

Zer0 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by petereanima View Post
could you compare it with the V2? i never could try the V2 and always wandered if there is a main difference at the sound between them or if the V2 is just the T2 with a ....load of knobs, channels and stuff...
The T2 is like the V2 but without the graphic eq and the tubes are engaged for every channel. IMO the T2 is the one to go with, pretty damn crushing for a hybrid.
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:35 AM   #17
plays in 69/42

Thrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud ofThrashmanzac has much to be proud of
go adam! haha man, i know how long you waited for that bad boy, and ill say it again, congrats!

...Each guitarist has an evil fat 40 year old blueswankler trying to get out, If you give in to temptation you'll be sitting next to a fender playing john lee hooker while trying to keep your combover in place.

-Desecrated

being black and enjoying watermelon, i think this thread needs more watermelon.
budda
Thrashmanzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 01:50 AM   #18

daybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud ofdaybean has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
great story, i love getting new gear, and playing it all day till its time for bedtime (6:45 am)
daybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 03:46 AM   #19
Not good at guitar

Cheers fellas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavhunter View Post
Nice score on the randall. Strangely, Im equally intruiged by the cables on your pedal board (yeah, issues...), what you got there??
Hahaha, no worries. I have decked out the board with Dimarzio patch leads. They are kinda expensive but well worth it IMO, ultra sturdy and very clean. Im gonna get some Dimarzio leads also.
Unread 04-02-2008, 05:37 PM   #20
Melowiddler

DaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to allDaveCarter is a name known to all
Cheers

UK Guitar Teacher and Session Guitarist

DaveCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #21
I LIKE JUICE!!!

TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.TomAwesome is deemed true.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews

I like your pedal board! Very clean. How are you liking the Smart Gate?

"Tom, you're like 1 part a serious dork, and 2 parts the most awesome ....ing guy ever." -
TomAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 05:19 AM   #22
Not good at guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomAwesome View Post

I like your pedal board! Very clean. How are you liking the Smart Gate?
Cheers dude.

Love the smart gate. I used to use a Boss NS-2. It was pretty good also but the MXR is head and shoulders above it. Very cool.
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #23
SS.org Regular

Shaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to behold
Congrats mate!

Looks killer, hope you can get some soundclips up!
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2008, 05:38 PM   #24
Not good at guitar

For sure, Im pretty keen to test this bad boy mic-ed up so if i can come up with something decent ill post it. Ill even use my new 7
Unread 04-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #25
Banned

wes225 has some work to do.wes225 has some work to do.wes225 has some work to do.
id rather have that G3 under there.
wes225 is offline   Reply With Quote