homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
DEATHMETAL!!!!!!!!!

neroceasar is just really niceneroceasar is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should I trade my Mesa Triple Rectifier for a H&K TriAmp?

Would it be worth my effort to trade my mesa triple rec + $200ish dollars for a Hughes and Kettner Triamp?
neroceasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
Deathgrind Maniac

Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.Crucified is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
have you played a triamp? do you like it better than your mesa? if you haven't tried it, are you willing to possibly not like what you're getting and then have to deal with it.

the answers to these questions will help you make a choice.
Crucified is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Regor's answer would be yes.

My answer would be no.

Then again, I play a Triple because I like it better than the other options I've played, including the TriAmp.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
Regor's answer would be yes.

My answer would be no.
Too true...

A buddy of mine owns one of these, and honestly I don't really care for it. My take at the time was that it's a better modded Marshall. If you dig the Triple, I think you'll find the low end lacking.

Fixed your title, BTW. All caps = false.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:01 PM   #5
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
TriAmp MKI or MKII? I heard the MKI's had a nasty tendency to catch fire... no joke. If it's a MKII take it, sell it and buy yourself two used Mesas....
HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #6
singlecoil goodness

Heavy Ed is just really niceHeavy Ed is just really nice
I've heard about the MKIs catching fire from a guy who had two of them. He also got piss poor response from their customer service. Once he got both fixed he sold them and changed his live rig.

So much gear, so little cash ...
Heavy Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #7
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
If it's a MKII I say hell yes. Whether it sounds better is subjective, but the amp certainly is worth a lot more than the Triple Rec. So you could try it, and if you weren't happy you could buy back a Mesa plus have extra cash left over.

The Axe Palace <-- Dealer for: BKP, DiMarzio, Ibanez, Mayones, ENGL, Mesa/Boogie, Rhodes Amplification, ESP, Jackson, PRS, Vigier, Dean, Framus, Diezel, Orange, Parker, G&L, Schecter and many more.

NEW WEBSITE IS NOW LIVE: www.axepalace.com

zimbloth is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
Double Edge FTW

Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.Regor shreds in his sleep.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There's no need for me to chime in. Mike and Drew already did that for me
Regor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:19 PM   #9
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
A/B them... except it can take months to dial in an amp to suit your tastes best and a 1 hr jam wont tell you the whole story...

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:16 PM   #10
These Eyes Are Blind

Hcash is a jewel in the rough
I'd do it to have a different tone. Everyone has one...
Hcash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:22 PM   #11
new album soon!

Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
if it's a MKII, i'd say go for it. even if you don't like it, you can still sell it for more than you would get for the Mesa and have more options open to get something else.

personally, i think the Triamp destroys the Mesa TR. also note, i have yet to find a Mesa i like, just don't care for character of any of them.
Edroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:06 PM   #12
DEATHMETAL!!!!!!!!!

neroceasar is just really niceneroceasar is just really nice
NOT GOING TO DO IT! IN PROCESS OF FINALIZING AMP DEAL FOR DIFFERENT AMP! I WONT TELL UNTIL I GOTS IT!!
OH and i saw this pic and had to post it here
neroceasar is offline   Reply With Quote