homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #1
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
G-Major Question

so i got my G-Major used and i haven't even taken the thing home yet.
when i got it, it was missing a parameter knob.

i've been reading alot of reviews about the G-Major, and the one that came up alot was the Knbos falling off, now that didn't really bother me much i'll just order a new one and put it on.

what i read there after was that it has freezing problems and lost patches and parameter data and the like.

anyone with a G-Major encounter this at all.? am i just being paranoid.?

i don't wanna own something that i thought was gunna rock and have it end up sucking.
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-19-2008, 05:42 AM   #2
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Apparently that is fixed with a firmware update. Do you have a MIDI cable? Google up the new firmware, plug that shit in and give 'er.
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
First off, the g-major hanging is not a firmware issue, sometimes it's simply the chips coming loose, and is easy to fix:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gear-equipment/44236-your-g-major-hanging-here-s-how-fix.html

And I have done it to mine and it's not hard at all!

Secondly, the knobs going missing, well, take a picture of it, post up what isn't there here, and as long as all the pot shafts are intact then it's easy, you just contact tc electronics and they'll send you replacements. If you don't wan to wait, I actually have spares as I overordered a load so I can send you some.

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote