homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mnemonic
  • 1 Post By Ancestor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

Indigo is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post your Tube Screamer Settings!

Just wondering what kind of settings you guys use with your TS or OD. I play a Mesa Roadster.. and for metal i use it for just adding some sustain and smoothness to my solos. i put the drive on 0.. Tone on 8 and Volume on 5. Anyone use the OD for just tightening up their rhythm tone?
Indigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 02-08-2008, 08:45 AM   #2
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i use it for tightening and smoothing out my tone, both rhythm and leads.

drive: 2
tone: 5
level: 5.1

i used to run the level at 8, but it was really noisy with the boost engaged.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
Carvin Zealot

keithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of lightkeithb is a glorious beacon of light
I often use an SD-1 in front of my Nomad for lead sounds.
Level: 10
Tone: 4-7
Drive: 2
keithb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
'Das brootal.

thadood is a glorious beacon of lightthadood is a glorious beacon of lightthadood is a glorious beacon of light
My custom pedal:
Level: 8
Drive: 2
Tone: 4

I basically went to the clean channel, dialed in the levels until they were equal, then applied drive to taste.
thadood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #5
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
a TS7 ov Chaos : 9 o'clock, midnight, 3 o'clock

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 10:55 AM   #6
SS Contributor

7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/7StringofAblicK is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Bloody Murder

Level - 3:00ish
Tone - 12:00ish (depending on the guitar)
Gain - usually off or BARELY on. clean boost usually

Ramen!
7StringofAblicK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 12:26 PM   #7
President / RHLC ©

playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.playstopause deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Bloody Murder / I like it mostly for rhythm (i'm more of a rhythm player) but use it also for lead.

Level : 12:00 -ish.
Tone : 11-12:00 - ish.
Gain : usually off or about 8:00.

Become one of us or die, ....ers. / Rick

RIP Garcia3441
playstopause is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 12:31 PM   #8
dotlike

loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.loktide is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
modded TS7:

drive: 9:00
tone: 12:00
level: 15:00
loktide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
new album soon!

Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.Edroz is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
my 2 main ODs at the moment are the Maxon VOP9 and Ibanez TS9DX. these are both used with my Brunetti Pirata 141 Impact

the Maxon works out great, as it really lets the natural characteristics of your amp shine through when used as boost and tightens up the low end just enough for a tight metal sound, but also adds alot of smoothness and clarity to everything. it's also pretty low gain and even with the Level at max doesn't distort the clean channel enough to bother me. this is great because i don't have to worry about switching it off when i play clean. my settings on that are:

Drive - 0
Level - 3 o' clock to max
tone - 10 o' clock

the TS9DX is my death metal OD . it adds a really loud boost and is just very aggressive and grinding. i use the + mode on this with these settings :

Drive - anywhere between 0 - 2
Level - 3 o' clock to max
tone - between 9 and 10 o' clock
Edroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2008, 01:54 PM   #10
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
let it be known that the TS7ovChaos (what i have, forgot to mention that) packs a wollop with the drive above 2 lol

Unread 02-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Bound is a name known to allBound is a name known to allBound is a name known to allBound is a name known to all
Maxon OD-9(desperately needing a LoC mod)

Drive : 10 oclock
Tone : 1 oclock
Level : 2 oclock.

my mother.... she never loved me. She always says she wishes shes was a raped by someone else ~Borat
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 05:28 AM   #12
Not good at guitar

brother mack is a jewel in the rough
The lovely Maxon OD808

Drive: Normally off but sometimes between that and 9 o'clock (depending on what gat/tuning im playing)

Tone: 12 o'clock/2 o'clock

Balance: ALL the way on.

Used only to tighten. All the gain comes from my T2 and thats set between 12 - 2 o'clock. That thing is a gain monster
brother mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 05:43 AM   #13
Collibus

Stephen is a glorious beacon of lightStephen is a glorious beacon of lightStephen is a glorious beacon of light
Maxon OD808 also lol

I have the drive about 7:30
Tone at 12:00
Balance about 4:30

I also have an SD-1 and MXR Wylde Overdrive which i use similar settings on but since i got the maxon they live in a bag!
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #14
Lord Zorgatron

HamBungler is a name known to allHamBungler is a name known to allHamBungler is a name known to allHamBungler is a name known to all
I currently use the TS9 model on my GNX and my Nobels ODR-1 ov Chaos in conjunction because the ODR-1 is pretty dark by itself.

TS9
Level-9-10
Tone-5-6
Drive-1-2

ODR-1
Level-7.5
Spectrum-6.5
Drive-3

And that pretty much adds a lot of tightness and evens out the treble frequencies of my rig.

I'm assuming he's going to want to mass produce these rack pies, and why not? I love racks, I love pies, so put them together and you have pie covered titties. - JJ
Don't thank me, thank the wombat rapist. - Jamie
And Now, a song about Zombies.-some metalcore vocalist
Yeah the axe Devries made me automatically transforms into firewood! But it doesn't transform back. - udaz

Mah Deviantart

Myspace

The Many Faces of Egoraptor
HamBungler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #15
Guiterrorizer

i've since changed my settings:

TSovChaos
drive: 0 (5 if im using it as overdrive on clean channel)
tone: 5
level: 5
HOT mode.

the low end addition and extra crunch... it's rendered TS808 side useless lol. i get more thickness, but it still tightens things up. i run my gain nice and low on the amp because this provides the bite for metal.. as well as when i crank the amp up

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:05 PM   #16
Custom User Title

mnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
boyah

bloody murder ftwwwwww.
WarOfAttrition likes this.
mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #17
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Drive: 9 o'clock
Tone: 11 o'clock
Level: 2 o'clock

I have the chaos modded TS7, running into my VHT Pittbull Ultra Lead.
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2008, 03:15 PM   #18
SS.org Regular

EdgeCrusher is just really niceEdgeCrusher is just really nice
TS808 reissue boosting my Mark III for rhythm and lead

Drive: 9 o'clock
Tone: 9 o'clock
Level: 1 o'clock
EdgeCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #19
Hard-On For Freedom™

JBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himselfJBroll is deemed true by Crom himself
Drive to minimum, tone either at noon or maxed (depending on the guitar), level set so that the sound has roughly the same volume on and off. If I want more compression or a smoother sound I increase pedal gain and decrease amp gain.

Jeff
JBroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:07 AM   #20

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Zoom PD-01:

Gain: 2.5
Treble: 4.5
Bass: 4
Level: 5.5
Toshiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2008, 01:26 AM   #21
SS Contributor

Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Ancestor is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
MXR ZW-44

output: 3 o'clock
tone: midnight
gain: 9 o'clock

I use it to bring out harmonics and increase the definition. It's essential. I never needed it with my ampeg, but it's got to be there with the 6505.

So, it's a lot of output, tone in the middle, and distortion at about 30 percent or so.
WarOfAttrition likes this.
Ancestor is offline   Reply With Quote