homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
ss.org Regular

lando321 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Questions on avatar cabs

Ok i was planning on getting a vader 2x12 but Adam emailed me said they was a week behind my new amp comes in next week and im bein impatient about a cab.

So i was wantin to know which would be better 4x12,2x12

heres some of my maybe pics tell me what ya think

4x12 2 v30s top 2 eminence swamp thangs

4x12 2 v30s top 2 gt1275s

2x12 exactly same as the two above just 1 of each

U guys think it would take longer to ship the one with the swamp thangs?

Id really like to hear what u guys think and feel free to enlightin me on any other great speakers/cabs choices.

Thx
lando321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-23-2007, 07:36 PM   #2
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
I think Eminences are a WAY better choice! Swamp Thangs/Tonkers make a monstrous combo in a 4x12!!! BUT, Dave does have to special order all Eminences so it will take longer.

What I would suggest... If you just can't wait get the V30/G12-t75 combo in one of the Vintage 4x12 cabs. If you can wait by all means get a Vader!

Or, you could order the Avatar without speakers and order the Eminences else where so they show up at about the same time. Speakers are a no-brainer to install!

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
ss.org Regular

so tonkers on top swamps on bottom?

Since Adam said there are a week behind did that mean it would just take a week to ship out or longer?

Im gonna be playin mostly in the bedroom so would what would be best a 2x12 or 4x12 and through a fireball.

Last edited by lando321; 09-23-2007 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 09-23-2007, 08:36 PM   #4
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
get a 212. it'll sound great, and doesnt quite so much constitute overkill :P

i have a halfstack in a bedroom.. but its aimed at a drum kit and spends half its time on 5 :P

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 08:49 PM   #5
ss.org Regular

You think a fireball would sound good with just v30's or should i mix em with gt1275s?
Unread 09-23-2007, 08:52 PM   #6
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
G12-T75's are weird. They sound like poo by themselves but sound great mixed with V30's ONLY IN A BIG CAB! If you go with the Avatar Vintage 2x12 the mix of speakers will sound really good! Very close to a Bogner which are known as excellent cabs! Derek at Rock Solid Amps (www.rocksolidamps.com) records most of his Engl clips through a Bogner with both speakers and he seems to swear by them.

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #7
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Being an owner of a Vader 2x12, I highly recommend you wait the week for the Vader cab. I ended up waiting an extra week and a half or so because of a blizzard keeping them from getting materials. Let me tell ya, it was well worth it.

Not stopping you from getting an Avatar, as those are good too, but do I love me my Vader cab.

UNSCARED

"...The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -J.S. Mill

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." -Vince Lombardi
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #8

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I love my Avatar Vintage 2-12 with a Swamp Thang and Tonker, but it did take a bit of time to get here.

You'd probably be better off waiting for the Vader if it's only a week.
Toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
the ninja from hell

talon97 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
dude, i got a vadar 2x12 and a avatar vintage 4x12 with two v30's and g12-t75s. I like them both equally on lower volumes in my room, but if i could choose one for playing with my band. hands down vadar. It can handle sooo much more while keeping very good tightness. IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!
talon97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

smith10210 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Vader... I liked it with my fireball and is a great choice the 2x12 that is for bedroom wanking. I waited 3 weeks for mine hes slow at shipping... It sounds great at low volumes and does stay tight when pushed. It doesn't color my sound as much as the v30 engl cab I had prior. I love mine just wait for it..
smith10210 is offline   Reply With Quote