homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 09-14-2007, 05:43 AM   #1
Rokuban Taicho

Loserchief is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thumbs up Finally: Ultex Jazz IIIs for me

i just got them today and i love them. The rgular J IIIs are cool but the added snap and attack of the Ultex makes my sound so much more powerfull and lively. I'm never gonna need a new pick for my metal needs.
Just wanted to express my joy
Loserchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 09-14-2007, 06:38 AM   #2
Not so local lefty

Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Pauly is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Kewl, I gotta order some but I have some more normal JIIIs to burn through first.

I R LEFTY!

Left-handers come visit!
http://forum.leftyguitartrader.com/
Pauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
ss.org Regular

Crazy German will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love how the picks dont move at all, no matter how wet your hands get. I love those to death.
Crazy German is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
im leaving ss.org

Xtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud ofXtremevillan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Link please.
Xtremevillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2007, 11:39 PM   #5
Pantysniffing zombie

JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.JJ Rodriguez has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I just ordered a bunch of Jazz III's and some tortex jazz picks along with my string order. Couldn't find the Ultex ones
JJ Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2007, 02:48 AM   #6
Rokuban Taicho

Loserchief is a jewel in the rough
yeah, i found the Ultex J IIIs to be not really widespread her in germany and only could get them from the online dealer where i buy all my strings. Never seen them in stores or anything.
Loserchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
ss.org Regular

deguello666 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry to pop open a deceased thread...but have just ordered from US via ebay....thought it was time for a subtle change on the old pick front, and these look really nice...currently using red III's, can't get on with the black ones at all....

As this is an old thread, I would assume that a few of you have already got these....got any opinions on them for me? Ive heard they don't slip as easy as the standard III's which is perfect for those sweaty nights of playing lol
deguello666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
Custom User Title

mnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i used to use the red ones, and now i use the ultex jazz III's and they're awesome.

they're waaaay harder (srsly cant bend the thing if i try) so they add some more snap to your tone, which imo sounds great with a low B.

at first i thought that they slipped a bit easier than the red ones, but i got used to it quick, and they feel about hte same in my hand now.

in comparison the red ones feel smoother, and sound a bit more mellow.

only bad thing about them is they're the same color as my carpet at my house, and the carpet at my friends apartment, so they're hard as hell to find on the ground, haha. red ones were dead easy
mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #9
ss.org Regular

Sweet, they sound great....but saying that if i dont like em i'll just have to break out the sandpaper for my old III's lol... trouble is they're never the same though...

Have you ever noticed you can drop a pick from ANY height and it will never be in the same vicinity as where it dropped.... the last one i dropped somehow made it's way out of the door at the other side of the room ( I mean come on, they can't defy the laws of physics that much lol )

I dont think it makes a difference of the colour, drop=lost hehe
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #10
Decibel Guitars

darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.darren deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I really like the Ultex Jazz IIIs... i just wish they were a tiny bit bigger. And a brighter colour so i can find them easier when i drop them.
darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #11
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
I really like the Ultex Jazz IIIs... i just wish they were a tiny bit bigger. And a brighter colour so i can find them easier when i drop them.
yeah the pale human skin colour that turns to dried grease is kind of hard to find I still need to pick some up, nobody carries them around here, maybe alpha music does but those guys give me bad vibes.

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 04:26 PM   #12
SS.org Regular

klutvott is a jewel in the rough
Have been using those for about a month now and think they are great. I also tried the jazz III XL which is crap.
klutvott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 04:35 PM   #13
The Demon Barber

Slayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemonic View Post
i used to use the red ones, and now i use the ultex jazz III's and they're awesome.

they're waaaay harder (srsly cant bend the thing if i try) so they add some more snap to your tone, which imo sounds great with a low B.

at first i thought that they slipped a bit easier than the red ones, but i got used to it quick, and they feel about hte same in my hand now.

in comparison the red ones feel smoother, and sound a bit more mellow.

only bad thing about them is they're the same color as my carpet at my house, and the carpet at my friends apartment, so they're hard as hell to find on the ground, haha. red ones were dead easy
My experience is pretty much the exact same, right down to the carpet color, haha. I have to say after adjusting they seem a bit easier to keep a hold of, though.

I bought a 24 pack of 'em a couple months back and haven't used anything else since.

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are filled with shit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it
But not for long ...

Slayer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 05:10 PM   #14
SS Contributor

Hexer is a glorious beacon of lightHexer is a glorious beacon of lightHexer is a glorious beacon of light
how do they compare to the Tortex J IIIs?
Hexer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

JMP2203 is just really niceJMP2203 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by klutvott View Post
Have been using those for about a month now and think they are great. I also tried the jazz III XL which is crap.
crap?

maybe you dont like it, but thats not crap

i prefer the xl myself
JMP2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:33 PM   #16
In brightest day...

OrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to allOrsusMetal is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I was wanting to order those because I figured they'd have a better precise sound to them. But I ended up forgetting about them. I might have to order some now that you mentioned them. The only bad thing I've found is you can only order them in bulk around here. Which is a lot more than I'd like to spend on picks, especially if I don't like them.

Single humbucker with maple fretboards.
OrsusMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:45 PM   #17
The Demon Barber

Slayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to beholdSlayer89 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrsusMetal View Post
I was wanting to order those because I figured they'd have a better precise sound to them. But I ended up forgetting about them. I might have to order some now that you mentioned them. The only bad thing I've found is you can only order them in bulk around here. Which is a lot more than I'd like to spend on picks, especially if I don't like them.
Just PM'd you about that.

There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are filled with shit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it
But not for long ...

Slayer89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:47 PM   #18
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexer View Post
how do they compare to the Tortex J IIIs?
the tortex ones wear down pretty fast

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #19
SS.org Regular

klutvott is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP2203 View Post
crap?

maybe you dont like it, but thats not crap

i prefer the xl myself
Crap. Sorry if i hurt your feelings.
All i was saying was that i like the ultex jazz III and that i DON't like the XL. MY opinion is that they are horrible and to ME they are crap. You see?
klutvott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

JMP2203 is just really niceJMP2203 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by klutvott View Post
Crap. Sorry if i hurt your feelings.
All i was saying was that i like the ultex jazz III and that i DON't like the XL. MY opinion is that they are horrible and to ME they are crap. You see?
hurt my feelings?
JMP2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 12:51 PM   #21
SS Contributor

TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.TimSE is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren View Post
TimSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #22
l0rd of teh shr3d

turmoil is just really niceturmoil is just really nice
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
i also made the switch from regular Jazz III's to Ultex Jazz III's and i will never go back. i always had issues with regular Jazz III's in that some of them had great grip while most were very shiny and some-what hard to hold onto. these picks feel better and just rule all around.

i will agree about the color though. dropping them on a wood floor is like finding a needle in a haystack lol
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #23
Custom User Title

mnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to allmnemonic is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrsusMetal View Post
haha, i must be lucky then!

i bought a little 6 pack of them when they came out online, and had one with me when i went into the local guitar shop (like 3 days after i got them) and i gave it to the owner, and he liked it so much he decided to stock them.
mnemonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #24
ss.org Regular

Mine are on order from US, got a mail 2 days ago saying they had been shipped and should take 4-10 working days...but for £4 + £4 postage for 12 of the suckers....seemed like a good call...

And for the cheap laney head i got from evil bay...my m8 has just presented me with a free 4 x 10 cab let the rock commence lol
Unread 05-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #25
Redefining Sound

The Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to allThe Atomic Ass is a name known to all
I recently started using the Jazz III's, but now this talk of Ultex has me wanting to order some. Local shop doesn't carry them. :/
The Atomic Ass is offline   Reply With Quote