homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-31-2007, 08:58 PM   #1
hates womanizers.

ShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himself
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
THE GREATEST DAY IN THE HISTORY OF DAYS! (NEW AMP DAY PICTORY!!!)

its here!!!

i was too excited to take a picture of the box being opened, but i'm sure you're cool with that.

i was a little worried when i saw the box on my porch, because it was in rather bad shape...

thou hast been owned, box!

oh my god...

oh my god...

ah! she's beautiful!

kitty approves!

wait... now what?

FIN!

I'm typing this on my knees with my butt in the air. -Drew
ShawnFjellstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-31-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
That looks absolutely amazing. A perfect blend of old school style and face crushing metal. I hope it sounds half as good as it looks.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:04 PM   #3
You're no daisy.

Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.Karl Hungus has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It's not an Engl.

Seriously, congrats dude!

"Does the brain control you or are you controlling the brain? I don't know if I'm in charge of mine." - Karl Pilkington
Karl Hungus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
<3's Tsukasa

D-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnateD-EJ915 is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
nice \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
That looks absolutely amazing. A perfect blend of old school style and face crushing metal. I hope it sounds half as good as it looks.
sounds 2 times as good as it looks

əBCAir
D-EJ915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
hates womanizers.

ShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
i love that it doesn't look overly metal. with the brown/yellow/red fabric and the font of the framus logo, you don't really expect it to sound so intense. the cool thing is, every note cuts through like a knife, even with the gain dimed.

i'm absolutely positive that this is "my amp", if you know what i mean.
you have your mesa roadster, zimbloth has his vht ul, joe has his engls, bulb has his invader, and now i have my dragon.

'tis a good day.

Unread 08-31-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
It's not an Engl.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:07 PM   #7
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
AWESOME dude! Glad you finally got one!

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:09 PM   #8
hates womanizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOVchaoS View Post
AWESOME dude! Glad you finally got one!

thanks joe. i love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
It's not an Engl.

Seriously, congrats dude!

Last edited by ShawnFjellstad; 08-31-2007 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:18 PM   #9
Vescere bracis meis.

B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.B Lopez is pretty much the man.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Cool beans. I about passed out when I saw that knife in the box like that.
B Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 09:20 PM   #10
hates womanizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Lopez View Post
Cool beans. I about passed out when I saw that knife in the box like that.
haha... i figured that since i didn't take pictures of the box being opened, i could at least treat you guys to some boxily mutilation!

Unread 08-31-2007, 09:47 PM   #11
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good score. Looks (and I bet sounds) slick.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:00 PM   #12
hates womanizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Good score. Looks (and I bet sounds) slick.

Unread 08-31-2007, 10:16 PM   #13
Yarrrrrr

shadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud of
kitty > framus
shadowgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #14
hates womanizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgenesis View Post
kitty > framus

you speak blasphemy, sir.

Unread 08-31-2007, 10:22 PM   #15
Yarrrrrr

shadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud ofshadowgenesis has much to be proud of
What? That cat is awesome.
though i guess yeah.. if i got offered one of them for free, i'd take the framus. but still. in overall greatness... the cat pwns
shadowgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 10:24 PM   #16
hates womanizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgenesis View Post
What? That cat is awesome.
though i guess yeah.. if i got offered one of them for free, i'd take the framus. but still. in overall greatness... the cat pwns
well, yeah. i love my kitty.

but the framus just sounds so goddamn good.

Unread 08-31-2007, 10:56 PM   #17
None shall pass.

eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.eleven59 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnFjellstad View Post
well, yeah. i love my kitty.

but the framus just sounds so goddamn good.
Then you're clearly plugging into the wrong end of the cat

The Offensive Senses
Twitter
Facebook
eleven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2007, 11:13 PM   #18
I'm your huckleberry

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 08-31-2007, 11:40 PM   #19
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post
oh so wrong

Congrats, nice amp

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 01:17 AM   #20

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Very nice amp, and cute kitty.

Through the darkness of futures past
The magician longs to see
One chants out between two worlds
Fire Walk With Me
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #21
hates womanizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpo View Post
Very nice amp, and cute kitty.

he's even cuter when he tries to eat my hands.

Unread 09-01-2007, 01:52 AM   #22
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Sweet amp man, Congrats. I'm glad you found "your amp". I'm sure you'll be discovering many ways to make it sound even better too (finding out which pickups/guitars get along best with the amp, biasing, different tubes/speakers, etc). I'd like to try one of those sometime. I did try a Cobra once, I liked it but I'm not a fan of vintage 30s).
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 03:10 AM   #23
hates womanizers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimbloth View Post
Sweet amp man, Congrats. I'm glad you found "your amp". I'm sure you'll be discovering many ways to make it sound even better too (finding out which pickups/guitars get along best with the amp, biasing, different tubes/speakers, etc). I'd like to try one of those sometime. I did try a Cobra once, I liked it but I'm not a fan of vintage 30s).
yeah, i'm incredibly happy with it right now, but i need some time before i find my tone. as for biasing, you or joe might need to help me out with that one. i don't know how to bias an amp, let alone bias it to get the most out of its tone.

you know, i hated v30s with the recto i used to have, but i love them with the dragon. maybe i'll do some sort of v30 mc90 x-pattern thing in the future, but i like it as is for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven59 View Post

Last edited by ShawnFjellstad; 09-01-2007 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 09-01-2007, 09:45 AM   #24
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Sweet! Congrats on the new amp Shawn! That looks like a killer amp and I've heard good things, just never tried one for myself.

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Kemper + Atomic CLR, Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2007, 12:26 PM   #25
Zero Imperfections

FoxZero is a glorious beacon of lightFoxZero is a glorious beacon of lightFoxZero is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Oh my god you're sick!!

Oh you took the amp out first? Thanks for scaring me!

Anyways man I'm glad you found your tone. The search for mine is still a very long road with many pay tolls.
FoxZero is offline   Reply With Quote