homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
blarg

ajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
NAD: Mesa Stiletto (56k come on in)

Got a Stiletto Deuce off Boogieboard.com. Got it yesterday! I like the amp so far. I'll see if I keep it for the long haul. Anyway, thanks for looking!
ajdehoogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 08-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Hates the Air

Metal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from CirrhosisMetal Ken is suffering from Cirrhosis
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
God, mesas are so awesome.

What do those sound like?
Metal Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #3
I am with Jesus!

Kakaka is a glorious beacon of lightKakaka is a glorious beacon of lightKakaka is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Looks beautiful. What does it sound like? Bring us clips!
Kakaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:02 PM   #4
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
last time i played one, it was pretty ....ing cool. it was somewhere between my Nomad and the Single Rec i played a few times.

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #5
hates womanizers.

ShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himself
is this a stage one or stage two?

I'm typing this on my knees with my butt in the air. -Drew
ShawnFjellstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #6
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post

It's basically a Mesa-fied Hotrodded Marshall sound. I didn't *love* the sound of it by itself, but I heard it in a mix with a band using a recto AND a Stiletto (Mark II) and the sound was absolutely incredible! Those two mesas work REALLY well together in a mix!

Guitars: PRS (lots <3), Suhr, Parker, Schecter
Rigs: Invader 100, Port City and Mojo cabs w/ Scumback M75's/Hellatone 60's

HighGain510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:14 PM   #7
SS.org Sushi Whore

Location: The Province of the Poutine tabarnaque! (Montreal....)
DeL07 is a jewel in the rough
Indeed... Kinda like Devin Townsend's rig! The Rectifier for the mushy low-end and the Stiletto to fill in the mids!

Up the shut ...., you must.
DeL07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:16 PM   #8
blarg

ajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud ofajdehoogh has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
This is a stage 1. Supposedly like a modded JCM. What little I've played with the settings I like so far.
ajdehoogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 08:17 PM   #9
Nick // Axe Palace

zimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnatezimbloth is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeL07 View Post
Indeed... Kinda like Devin Townsend's rig! The Rectifier for the mushy low-end and the Stiletto to fill in the mids!
The Rectifier doesn't have a mushy low-end if you know what you're doing. The Rectos are all about mids IMO. I don't doubt the Stiletto is good, but you don't need another amp to "fill in the mids" if you know how to set up a good Mesa. If you're at the stage where you need 2 heads to make one good sound, you probably should just sell both and get something else. Keep in mind guitar = mids, the lows and highs are important factors but the midrange is the fundamental part a guitar and that should be the point of emphasis. The mids on my bandmate's Dual Rec with the TS808, Tung Sol in v1, Black Shadows, etc are amazing.
zimbloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #10
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Ken View Post
We have totally converted you...

Quote:
Every metal album before 1986. Seriously. The second gen ones are the amp to get if you want a Marshall.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 05:39 AM   #11
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nice. I prefer the stage II's, but if it has the "Hollywood" mod (or something similar), then I'm sure it's working just fine.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:04 AM   #12
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I want one of those.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #13
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Yes you do.

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 08-30-2007, 11:08 AM   #14

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate

[action=Leon]wants EVERY Mesa he hears.[/action]

Unread 08-30-2007, 11:31 AM   #15
I'm your huckleberry

[action=Leon]really doesn't want an Express.[/action]

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 08-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #16
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
[action=Leon]really doesn't want an Express.[/action]
[action=Drew]supports this statement.[/action]

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #17
Cold As Ice

HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.HighGain510 is an automated shredding machine.
[action=Matt] just likes the usage of the small green font with the asterisk...[/action]

Unread 08-30-2007, 11:42 AM   #18
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
[action=Mike] agrees with Matt. Has never heard the Express, and wants a Roadster...and maybe an Engl [/action]
Zepp88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
hates womanizers.

ShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himselfShawnFjellstad is deemed true by Crom himself
[action=shawn] thinks that you're all gay. seriously.[/action]

i liked the stage two better when i tried it.

Unread 08-30-2007, 11:47 AM   #20
Arktanian Diplomat

Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.Zepp88 is the bastard son of Dio himself.
[action=Mike] wants Shawn to be indefinetly cancelled and 'd at furiously [/action]
Unread 08-30-2007, 11:51 AM   #21
hates womanizers.

[action=shawn] s mike. [/action]

Unread 08-30-2007, 11:53 AM   #22
I'm your huckleberry

[action=Mike]never wants to hear the Express.[/action]

[action=Shawn]just wishes he was as cool as the rest of us.[/action]

Noodles
kxksales@gmail.com
Unread 08-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #23
Arktanian Diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnFjellstad View Post
[action=shawn] s mike. [/action]
My es brought you to your knees eh?

[action=Mike] is intrigued by how awful the Express is, and still wants to hear it, and whilst Dave is recovering from awful-tone-exposure (ATE) I'll swipe his Roadster leaving the Express in it's place, and go to wonderland with the Roadster...and return it on Daves doorstep a week later[/action]
Unread 08-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #24

[action=Leon]has never heard the Express.[/action]

[action=Leon]has thought about it, and maybe doesn't need an F-series either.[/action]

Unread 08-30-2007, 12:03 PM   #25
Cold As Ice

[action=Matt]wants a Roadster in the worst way...[/action]

[action=Matt]thinks Shawn is jealous that he isn't as sexy as Matt... [/action]