homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-23-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
a n00b

spkenn5 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Distortion!

I wonder what you guys use? Which pedals/amp to get your distortion effect.

I am using Metal Muff..

Signature Removed - Image timed out after 4 seconds
spkenn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-23-2007, 03:19 PM   #2
Djentleman

angryman is just really niceangryman is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I use a Maxon Od808 as a clean boost in front of a 5150.
angryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #3
Tone Whore

garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.garcia3441 is his own personal hero.
Jacques Fuse Blower

"Im sick and tired of hearing things
From uptight, short-sighted, narrow-minded hypocritics
All I want is the truth
Just gimme some truth. "
John Lennon
garcia3441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Ibanez TS7 as a clean boost for my Mesa.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #5
Giant Fridge Magnet

Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
EH Nano LPB-1, this thing is pure madness, and it's cheap too

Edit : I forgot to mention it's a boost so you need a tube amp with it

Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
a n00b

spkenn5 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
woww thats so cool!! keep em coming guys!! sadly i dont own a mesa.. can't afford them as for now..

Signature Removed - Image timed out after 4 seconds
spkenn5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
Is a Pastafarian

sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.sakeido harnesses the souls of 1,000 dead viking lords.
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Absolutely nothing in front of my Mark IV. Its preamp and power amp distortion all the way.
sakeido is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:23 PM   #8
ss.org Regular

subatomicsatan is just really nicesubatomicsatan is just really nice
Logic Pro's Guitar Amp Pro and Native Instrument's Guitar Rig 2.

the devil is in the details
subatomicsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #9
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
les paul straight into a JSX halfstack. no pedals needed.

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #10
Banned

Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.Stitch deems you false, flexes, and cancels you.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Ibanez TS808 into a Pevaey 6505, that will, god willing, be replaced by a Dual Rectifier one day.
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:32 PM   #11
{##[====:::.

Leon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnateLeon is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
tubes

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 04:52 PM   #12
SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Bound is a name known to allBound is a name known to allBound is a name known to allBound is a name known to all
Maxon OD-9 as a clean boost for my A-down.
Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:51 PM   #13
Sarcy English Twat

Location: 7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bruv, Safe, London, UK
7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.7 Dying Trees has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
mesa boogie triaxis. All i need really...

The Chaos has come:
www.chaosanct.com
7 Dying Trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #14
F'king ............

distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.distressed_romeo is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Usually I just use the amp's distortion channel (a Crate...no-one say a word, as I like my amp). Occasionally I use a Metal-zone to supplement that.

Define 'well-adjusted'...

http://farsideguitars.blogspot.com/
distressed_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 08:00 PM   #15
Smokestack Lightning

telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/telecaster90 is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I just my Zoom pedal for distortions and clean, just running dry into my Line6.
telecaster90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:16 PM   #16
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
poor TC90 lol

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 09:41 PM   #17
NUDE MAN!

LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.LordOVchaoS can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
My Powerball, by itself = best distortion I've found thus far. I am a HUGE fan of boosting though! So far the Powerball still sounds better without a boost but on all my other amps any variance of a TS808 has been the best boost for an already distorted channel. The best distortion I've ever heard from a pedal is a modded Metal Zone. I had a Keeley one for a while and I honestly couldn't tell the difference between the pedal through the clean channel of my amp and the Modern channel on my Racktifier. That very pedal is what inspired me to start modding them myself.

www.bodenhamer-electronics.com

the official gain merchant of sevenstring.org.
LordOVchaoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2007, 10:48 PM   #18

Spinedriver is just really niceSpinedriver is just really nice
At present, my primary gain is from a Pod XT Live. As backup, I have a Line 6 Uber Metal pedal and (on it's way) is a Crate Shockwave head. So once it gets here we'll have to see just how usable (in case of XTL breakdown) the gain channels on it are.
Spinedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 12:47 AM   #19

Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.Toshiro is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Zoom Power Drive boosting a Laney GH50L.
Toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:59 AM   #20
seven times seven

guitarjitsumaster is just really niceguitarjitsumaster is just really nice
Warhead, its all I need

Try to exclude the possibility of suffering which the order of nature and the existence of free-wills involve, and you find that you have excluded life itself.
guitarjitsumaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 03:12 AM   #21
the abominabal poop

mefrommiddleearth is just really nicemefrommiddleearth is just really nice
A boss DS-1 into a shitty 6.5 watt practice amp is all I need

If there is a compassionte god why did he put the most sensitive organs on the outside of the more accident prone of the two sexes
mefrommiddleearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:12 AM   #22
Lord Green Fingers

maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/maliciousteve is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Just a Powerball. Though if I ever use a 7 string live again I'll probably use my Keeley TS9-DXflexi as a clean boost.
maliciousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 05:32 AM   #23
SS.org Regular

jtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud ofjtm45 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The MXR Custom Shop Overdrive-GT is a ....in' great pedal for clean or overdriven boosting,waaaay better than the MXR ZW Overdrive imho.
I used to have one but it got nicked so i'm thinking about getting another.

I used to have a Keeley modded Metal Zone too and that was a great pedal,and the Zoom Tri-Metal was good too,but it could sound terrible with the wrong set-up too.

I fancy trying one of the Analogman modded Tubescreamers too,they supposed to be one of the best Tubescreamer mods you can get.
jtm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:46 AM   #24
ss.org Regular

heffergm is just really niceheffergm is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
A Keeley modded Boss DS-1.
heffergm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 09:07 AM   #25
SS.org Regular

Shaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to beholdShaman is a splendid one to behold
A TS9 boosting either a 6505 or a Single Rectifier.
Shaman is offline   Reply With Quote