homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
What the hell is a Fender RAD Amp??

This guy is selling a 75W Fender RAD amp. Thats all it says in his ad and thats all he claims to know about it too.

Any ideas? Anyone know about it?
djpharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
Mid-Level Asshole

7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.7 Strings of Hate is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
yea, its rad man! kowabunga! never heard of one

Confront and Destroy!
7 Strings of Hate is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #3
ss.org Regular

heffergm is just really niceheffergm is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is the only reference I could turn up in 2 seconds of looking

http://www.musicgearreview.com/review-display/319.html
heffergm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

djpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnatedjpharoah is Odin incarnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffergm View Post
This is the only reference I could turn up in 2 seconds of looking

http://www.musicgearreview.com/review-display/319.html
Thanks - but thats a bass amp not a guitar amp.
Unread 04-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #5

Spinedriver is just really niceSpinedriver is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They were made in the 90's, solid state, had gray carpet covering, black faceplate & red knobs. they looked like this (this is a bass version)

As far as sound goes, it's been quite a long time since I've even seen/heard of these. Let's just say that they're as popular as the 'Metal Strats' Fender put out.

I'm thinking that they were an answer to the Peavey Bandit, etc.. that were (and kinda still are) the staple of beginner amps for people that want to jam but don't have the coin for all tube combos or 1/2 stacks. Back then you couldn't get an amp head for much less than a grand (not like you can now with E-Bay and the like).

Sorry I couldn't help as to what they sound like, but I think I recall people saying they were quite loud.
Spinedriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator

thanks - that looks fugly.
Unread 04-20-2007, 03:23 PM   #7
Vulcan Lute God

kung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to allkung_fu is a name known to all
i used to have a 30 watt one with black covering. it looked much better than that one. Its been so long since i had the thing, i can't remember if it was any good. All i remember is it had a clean setting and two distortions, and that i eventually sold mine for $30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinedriver View Post
Sorry I couldn't help as to what they sound like, but I think I recall people saying they were quite loud.
now that you mention it, i do recall it as being surprisingly loud for such a small amp.

David Warren Brubeck (December 6, 1920 December 5, 2012)

Last edited by kung_fu; 04-20-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
kung_fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #8
Songs about My Cats

Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.Mastodon is the epitome of metal.
I sort of inherted one. Distotion is total doo-doo but I absolutely LOVE the clean channels.

I keep it in my room as a practice amp.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #9
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Let's just say that they're as popular as the 'Metal Strats' Fender put out.
...though, it's worth noting the HM strats are actually QUITE popular in certain circles.

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #10

Spinedriver is just really niceSpinedriver is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
...though, it's worth noting the HM strats are actually QUITE popular in certain circles.
For sure.. It's not that they weren't any good, my guess is that your average Fender buyer probably wasn't too fond of the huge 'Strat' logo emblazoned on the headstock as opposed to the regular Fender look. They're just one of those guitars that just never took off.
Spinedriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2007, 09:38 PM   #11
Fear the Polo!

Drew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnateDrew is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
For sure.. It's not that they weren't any good, my guess is that your average Fender buyer probably wasn't too fond of the huge 'Strat' logo emblazoned on the headstock as opposed to the regular Fender look. They're just one of those guitars that just never took off.
Your average Fender buyer is also into the "vintage" look, probably plays a Vox, Fender, or Marshall tube amp with a wah and some sort of overdrive that's been in production since the 60's or is a Tube Screamer, and plays blues, country, surf, or classic rock.

They sort of ....ed that on up, in other words.

(the sad part, is they learned their lesson and this is why they haven't built a seven. )

"...and everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon."

http://www.metalguitarist.org
Drew is offline   Reply With Quote