homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

sylcfh is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Krank Goes Out of Business

Quote:
On March 22nd, Krank Amplification closed its doors. Ownership decided to not fulfill existing contracts and basically exit the amp business.
Repairs under the Lifetime Warranty are being handled by Krank's parent company, Kinetico Quality Water Systems.
For more information please contact:

Martin Chan
Kinetico Quality Water Systems
3304 N Delaware St
Chandler, AZ 85225
(602) 437-2474
sylcfh is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Their parent company does water quality?

Where did you see that statement?

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

Water filters and what not, apparently.
Unread 04-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #4
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Where did you see the statement about Krank closing?

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Unread 04-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.
Would really like to know where this news came from. It does sound resonable, since Krank doesn't seem to sell that well.

EDIT: Found some other threads.

http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/...php?f=5&t=3938
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/sho...php?p=15298090
Draceius likes this.
HeHasTheJazzHands is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #6
SS.org Regular

tedtan is a splendid one to beholdtedtan is a splendid one to beholdtedtan is a splendid one to beholdtedtan is a splendid one to beholdtedtan is a splendid one to behold
I thought these guys had closed up shop at least once before, maybe around 2005. Hmmm.....
tedtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
ALL HAIL DJOD

Their website doesn't say anything about it and I can't seem to find a FB page for them either.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Unread 04-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #8
SS.org Regular

damico529 is a jewel in the rough
im not really surprised, amps weren't really that impressive. love the krank cabs though.
damico529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

7stringDemon is just really nice7stringDemon is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Didn't they close down 2 years ago too?

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search!
Trans Blue/Teal Quilt Maple tops
7stringDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:46 PM   #10
twerk twerk thall

sage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to allsage is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I knew a dude who had a Rev 1 head and cab and could make it sound incredible. But he was the only one.

+1 on loving the cabs. Excellent construction. I'm glad they have an exit strategy that includes honouring the warranties.

Interesting that the ad banner on this page is offering me a salt-free water softening system starting at $1345.
Konfyouzd and VBCheeseGrater like this.

Originally Posted by glassmoon0fo
I don't care if a guitar is made of mythril and strung with Shakira's pubes, Im not paying over 4K for one.
sage is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
With all the e-h8 these got, I'm not surprised.

Too bad, the amps were actually pretty solid sounding and the guys who worked there were nice as hell when I checked them out.
AkiraSpectrum likes this.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #12
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Maybe shouldn't have gone "endorsement crazy"

Still, sad thing.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

cardinal is just really nicecardinal is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Kind of a cautionary tale. Their amps could sound pretty good (obviously no amp is for everyone) and were inexpensive. What seemed to get them (at least on internet forums) was backlash to very poor marketing. Would have been better to rest on the merits of their amps, but then maybe no as many people would have heard of them.
cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #14
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is pretty damn metal.
Weren't reviews of their amps banned on Harmony Central because they had employees fake good reviews?
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Dr.Poopyalligator

poopyalligator is a name known to allpoopyalligator is a name known to allpoopyalligator is a name known to allpoopyalligator is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Doesn't really surprise me. Krank amps were fine, but with other amps on the market with a better price and newer technology.

My main setup:
Ibanez uv7bk green dot, Engl fireball 60, genz benz g flex 2x12.
poopyalligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Wizard of Ozz is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasTheJazzHands View Post
Weren't reviews of their amps banned on Harmony Central because they had employees fake good reviews?
Yep.. Krank employees posted a bunch of phony positive reviews over there.
Wizard of Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

sPliNtEr_777 is a glorious beacon of lightsPliNtEr_777 is a glorious beacon of lightsPliNtEr_777 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I own a Rev 1 combo, and despite starting a thread just this week saying that I was sick of it, I have to say its sounded awesome since day one. I've since decided to keep it since a few hours of fiddling with EQ and stuff was enough to satiate my urge for a different tone and renew my love for its sheer brutality. Krank were never the most sophisticated amps, I've played a few, they have a kind of back door engineering that seems rudimentary but it works. It's the sawn off shotgun of amps. Yes, they aren't for everyone, but hell, name an amp that is. I for one will be keeping mine and will be very sad to see the brand die.

"Don't be sayd Payter, That's why they call it Shpoople!"
sPliNtEr_777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:58 PM   #18
Tears Are My Bidet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard of Ozz View Post
Yep.. Krank employees posted a bunch of phony positive reviews over there.
I also remember them getting a lot of flack about this:
Krank makes a statement about Michael Amott and Ra... - Harmony Central
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #19
SS.org Regular

spattergrind is just really nicespattergrind is just really nice
Hmm.

I have a Rev1 and I think its great for lower gain rock and thrash. Cleans sound pretty good too.
spattergrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasTheJazzHands View Post
I also remember them getting a lot of flack about this:
Krank makes a statement about Michael Amott and Ra... - Harmony Central

That was posted here...

A Statement from Krank Amps
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #21
The Dragonrider

WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.WarriorOfMetal is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Finally!
WarriorOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:35 PM   #22
Pron

cGoEcYk is a jewel in the rough
I own some Krank stuff... very happy with it cause I got it so cheap on the used market.

I wonder if the Bass-Zilla cab did them in.

Basszilla Bass Cab

Seems like an ill-conceived design (these days mixed drivers in a bass cab are kind of out, unless it's a crossover design)... they shoulda just gone 4x12 on a fridge.
cGoEcYk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #23
R.I.P. Yoteslaya.

levijaymz is just really nicelevijaymz is just really nice
What will Dethklok do?

Reputation>Likes

If you have PSN add me: H4nd0f4ki113r

Facebook: www.facebook.com/levijaymz

Rest in Peace Yoteslaya.
levijaymz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #24
Tears Are My Bidet

Keep playing Marshalls like they have been for 3 years now.

I think the only "big" endorsee they had was Michael Wilton from Queensryche, and they haven't been that popular up until last year.
Unread 04-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #25
APEX

Esp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud of
I was never a fan of Krank amps, the only ones I played were a Krankenstein head and a Rev1 head, neither were mindblowing. Still, it's sad that they have gone under, because at the end of the day that means people losing their jobs and someone's dream coming to nothing.

It sounds like a combination of PR issues, less than brilliant products and pricing (they weren't cheap from what I remember) has put paid to them.

Still, it's strange that their parent company was a water quality business. I suppose they likely became a parent by buying shares in the company when they were young, or by someone from the water company using some of the company's capital as a start-up to make Krank a business.
Konfyouzd likes this.

think of it this way. you could have a room full of worthless douchebag darrel signature deans - jymellis
Esp Griffyn is offline   Reply With Quote