homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #51
ss.org Regular

nocturnalbob is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is weird. I contacted them to get my krankenstein head repaired. I heard they were going out of business. so i decided to ask them. On march 19th i asked their administrator and this is what he told me.

"Hey Bob,

Patrick's really got quite a bit of back logged emails to answer, give him a bit more time. We just started a new production run of 1980 and SST amps, Rev + and K-stein+ are next up.
Not sure where "people on forums" get their information about us going out of business?
Maybe they got the winning lottery numbers too!!
Truth is, that due to recent events, KRANK is stronger than ever.
We encourage you to stay tuned! We've got some exciting things happening in the very near future!!
You're gonna love it!"
capoeiraesp and cGoEcYk like this.
nocturnalbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #52
SS.org Regular

damico529 is a jewel in the rough
cool, I was kinda bummed they were going out.
damico529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:41 AM   #53

codycarter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnalbob View Post
This is weird. I contacted them to get my krankenstein head repaired. I heard they were going out of business. so i decided to ask them. On march 19th i asked their administrator and this is what he told me.

"Hey Bob,

Patrick's really got quite a bit of back logged emails to answer, give him a bit more time. We just started a new production run of 1980 and SST amps, Rev + and K-stein+ are next up.
Not sure where "people on forums" get their information about us going out of business?
Maybe they got the winning lottery numbers too!!
Truth is, that due to recent events, KRANK is stronger than ever.
We encourage you to stay tuned! We've got some exciting things happening in the very near future!!
You're gonna love it!"
Made my day
codycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:57 AM   #54
ss.org Regular

nocturnalbob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by codycarter View Post
Made my day
called that number. apparently krank is done. kind of messed up how they just bailed on their customers and didn't even let them know. The dude told me that two days before they closed.
nocturnalbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #55
not quite a shredder

VBCheeseGrater is a name known to allVBCheeseGrater is a name known to allVBCheeseGrater is a name known to allVBCheeseGrater is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinal View Post
Kind of a cautionary tale. Their amps could sound pretty good (obviously no amp is for everyone) and were inexpensive. What seemed to get them (at least on internet forums) was backlash to very poor marketing. Would have been better to rest on the merits of their amps, but then maybe no as many people would have heard of them.
Yeah - Most guys at TGP would never be caught dead with an amp called "Krank" - seriously
tedtan likes this.

Ibanez ARZ307, ICEMAN IC400, RG921F-BK
Frknstrt of Doom, MIM FSR Strat
POD HD Pro, Mesa 50/50, Recto 2x12,1x12,Theile
Randal Diavlo V30 1x12
VBCheeseGrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #56
SS.org Regular

jllozano has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Which exact model is the "awesome" krank cab supposed to be?
jllozano is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #57
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jllozano View Post
Which exact model is the "awesome" krank cab supposed to be?
For example, the "Revolution 412". Discontinued, unfortunately. But the "Rev SST 412" or whatever the follow-up models name is, is pretty good also.
petereanima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #58
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
The Rev 412 is still available. The SST 4x12 also seems to be pretty good, too. I've heard really good things about the Eminence V12 speakers.
HeHasTheJazzHands is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #59
Cherokee Warrior

TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.TonyFlyingSquirrel is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It was a hoax, not shutting down.
They posted a statement that I saw on another site. They're still in full production.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=268162
Seven Strings to rule them all, Seven Strings to find them, Seven Strings to bring them all and in the music bind them.
TonyFlyingSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #60
Bastard of Thousands

ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.ridner is pretty damn metal.
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
never played a Krank I liked. sad to see anyone out of business though.
ridner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 05:44 AM   #61
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.petereanima is pretty damn metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasTheJazzHands View Post
The Rev 412 is still available.
Yeah, the REV, not the original Revelation. The Rev is plywood, where the original Revelation cab was actually solid wood (poplar).
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #62
Tears Are My Bidet

HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petereanima View Post
Yeah, the REV, not the original Revelation. The Rev is plywood, where the original Revelation cab was actually solid wood (poplar).
Krank Revolution 4x12 Speaker Cabinet | Musician's Friend
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:11 AM   #63
SS.org Regular

The rev sst is plywood where the revolution is solid wood.
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #64
Tears Are My Bidet

I know. I linked Revolution, not the Rev SST.
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #65
SS.org Regular

My bad, I didn't realise peter was referring the Rev as the sst. I usually just call the revolution cab the Rev.
Unread 04-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #66
Br00tal Bubbly Mofo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHasTheJazzHands View Post
Damnit, I SWEAR that every dealer in Europe confirmed me that it is obsolete, because I wanted to get a second one. Every single one. Starting from locals over to Thomann over to their official importer.
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #67
APEX

Esp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud ofEsp Griffyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridner View Post
never played a Krank I liked. sad to see anyone out of business though.
Pretty much how I feel. I don't like their products and I woudn't spend my money any of their amps I've played (admittedly only a Krankenstein head and Rev1 head though a Krank cab, not sure which one) but more choice is a good thing, the more amp companies there are out there the better.

think of it this way. you could have a room full of worthless douchebag darrel signature deans - jymellis
Esp Griffyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 06:01 PM   #68
not that good.

will_shred is a glorious beacon of lightwill_shred is a glorious beacon of lightwill_shred is a glorious beacon of light
the only complaint I've really heard from Krank amps is that they're really ....ing loud.

Other then that I've heard some pretty sweet tones, IMO Amon Amarth sounded much better before their guitar players switched to 6505's, obviously Dime, and brendon small.

Though there is quite a striking trend of touring musicians dropping the amps after some time and going with other brands
will_shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #69
SS.org Regular

sylcfh is a jewel in the rough
Stiff Amplification : Home
sylcfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #70
Tears Are My Bidet

Stiff is a few years old. I think they were founded when Krank announced they were closing shop the first time.
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #71
Murder Machine

Sepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of lightSepultorture is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
first two times i tried out a krankenstein, the ....ing amps never worked

then when i did get to try out a couple working Kranks, i just felt underwhelmed, extremely so

BEARDS: They Instantly Turn Any Man Into A Badass, It's Like Having Machine Guns On Your Face
Sepultorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #72
Tears Are My Bidet

Buping this thread... I noticed Musicians Friend has a lot less Krank stuff available, and has the remaining stock on sale.

Krank | Musician's Friend

Also, Gearhounds did the same, and even removed Krank from their "New for 2013" list.

Krank Amps and Cabs
GearHounds - Krank Amplification 2013 Models

Either they got some new stuff planned, or the company really is out of business.
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #73
SS.org Regular

got bored earlier and decided to compare my cabs dimensions to other cabs and stumbled across this, TONYKRANK INC.

looks like they're done for now but have a plan in the works, who knows at this point though lol.
Unread 08-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #74
SS.org Regular

sylcfh is a jewel in the rough
The Kranshaft is an awesome overdrive pedal, btw.

The tone knob has the widest sweep I've ever used.
sylcfh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #75
SS.org Regular

Runander is a jewel in the rough
Yes, they are indeed out of business.

Never got around to play a Krank amp. From most of the clips I've heard they seem to be quite beefy amps, at least the Krankenstein

Thou shalt not scoop thy mids!

My band: http://www.myspace.com/avenir-band
Runander is offline   Reply With Quote