homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SirMyghin

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
ss.org Regular

metalguy_hk is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Eventide space reverb pedal

Guys, I am looking for a reverb pedal for my pedal board and I am thinking to purchase the Eventide pedal. Is anyone actually own this pedal pedal and could share your comments pls? I have watched demonstration and it sounds really great, but it cost like usd 499 exclude shipping cost to Asian country, so I would like to get more comments of this pedal before purchase it, thanks!
metalguy_hk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #2
Ambiente Savante

signalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to allsignalgrey is a name known to all
its an amazing pedal. Have you considered the Cathedral Reverb from EHX? might be a cheaper option if you arent dead set on the Eventide.
signalgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #3
Guiterrorizer

budda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyonebudda flexes at just about everyone
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Have you looked at the TC electronics offerings as well? Or Strymon?

Sparrows: sparrows613.bandcamp.com

Safety's Off: safetysoff.bandcamp.com/
budda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Tranquil insurgent

celticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to allcelticelk is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If your sound revolves around heavy reverb washes and soundscaping, the Space is probably a great choice. If you just need a little reverb to dimensionalize your sound, or some simple reverb tricks as effects, it's massive overkill, and eats up a huge chunk of your pedalboard real estate and your budget. I've had pretty good luck with my EHX Cathedral for simple reverbs and the occasional reverse reverb for washes, and it's less than half the price of the Space; there are other good budget options as well. The Strymon pedals review really well, but are pretty expensive for what they do, so I wouldn't recommend them unless you're a tone freak or your sound relies heavily on reverb.

If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you.
If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.
-The Gospel of Thomas

...and all took responsibility for their wickedness as well as their power.
-John Campbell

7 strings, played slowly.
celticelk is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #5
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
^^

The Strymon Blue sky is one hell of a reverb pedal on that note . It can do subtle and extreme overkill both very well.
ShadowFactoryX and Sephael like this.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
Divine Parad°x

Sephael is just really niceSephael is just really nice
^probably my favorite pedal in terms of sheer beauty of its, might not be the best option in terms of getting the most for your money.
Sephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM   #7
The Dirt Guy

SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.SirMyghin is shredding to new heights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephael View Post
^probably my favorite pedal in terms of sheer beauty of its, might not be the best option in terms of getting the most for your money.
Yeah, 9 types of reverb is never enough.. (eventides do have a sick amount of options comparatively I guess). If I need anything wilder I generally use post processing and layering tricks.

Strymon pedals have a nice feature in they can handle line level loads, aka you can reamp a track through them. I like to do this, setting the thing to 100% wet so I get an effect only track. No Clip LED though, so you have to monitor them to get the level right, not that I have ever had one clip.

Guitar techs are for sissies.

Learn some damn music theory, don't complain, and you'll be a better person. -Schecterwhore

Show me a truly awesome guitar for under $1000 and I'll show you hateful lies.
SirMyghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
Divine Parad°x

Sephael is just really niceSephael is just really nice
Not saying the blueSky wouldn't be the last reverb you'd need and well worth every cent, but for $100 less, the Source Audio Soundblox 2 Dimension Reverb sounds pretty great and it has 12 reverbs, including the Metal Box which from what I've heard sounds pretty nice.
Sephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

cardinal is just really nicecardinal is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Space can give delay and/or modulation and/or reverb, too. Plus MIDI control. I want one.
cardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
SS.org Regular

mongey is a jewel in the rough
The space is allot of reverb . if you are a heavy user then its worth it. but you'd need to be a pretty heavy user .I've tinkered with one is a shop and it has some great sounds

I use allot of delay ,and like to have delay patches per song so I got a strymon timeline and one of the best pedals I've ever bought and many people find the timeline too much
mongey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

TheProgWay is a jewel in the rough
Its good, the eventides are fun. I used to own the 3 eventides, they can be a lot of fun to mess around with. But unless you play songs that heavily rely on FX, they're overkill man. Even the space itself.. you're better off getting a WET reverb or a blue sky, unless you really incorporate a lot of ambience, fx, and reverbs in your songs.

FS: ESP LTD M-1000 (Original floyd rose) w/ JP pickups (Crunch lab and liquifire)
TheProgWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 11:43 AM   #12
OMNIHILITY

ShadowFactoryX is just really niceShadowFactoryX is just really nice
strymon is a great choice in that realm thats very flexible
the eventide is still a great pedal, but a bunch pricey compared to others

if you're looking to save some serious cash though:
-Muza M-Ambience FD900, 11 Types of Reverb with 9 Different Delays? All around $100? Still remains my favorite pedal ever
-Biyang Tri-Verb. 3 modes with two variences for each, stereo in and outs, can usually score it around $70.
-Mooer Shimverb, i recently just got this. Cant find a pedal that takes up less space, 3 modes, $88

Though all in all if you want superb quality, hit up the strymon

I like my guitar tone like I like my women, perfect rounded bottom end, cut in the mid section, heavy on the top end, and super tight.

Omnium - Atmospheric/Trance/Ambient
ShadowFactoryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #13
SS.org Regular

veshly is a jewel in the rough
I love the space reverb pedal, wish I had the money to get one.
veshly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #14
SS.org Regular

OfArtAndArsenal is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Its not as extravagant as the strymon or eventide, but I really like my line 6 Verbzilla. It has a great shimmer effect, and the Cave setting is absolutely huge.
Also much cheaper.
OfArtAndArsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

Rock4ever is a jewel in the rough
Neunaber Wet Reverb seems pretty popular with the folks at TGP. I've never used one though.
Rock4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
AEADGBEA

Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/Trespass is rather kvlt and tr00. \m/
I've got the TC Electronic Nova Reverb and I pair it with the Flashback Delay. Nova Reverb sounds great, stereo ins/outs and can handle line level loads for stereo re-amping.

Pseudo-Jazz Sophisticate
-The 7 and ERG Chord Melody [Jazz] Thread-
"If Stravinsky's music is that of the Earth, then Meshuggah's music is that of the Machine"

Teaching
Guitar-Piano Technique/Theory/Jazz & Classical University Prep

Ossington & Bloor area in Toronto.
I now do Sykpe lessons - Inquire via PM!
Trespass is offline   Reply With Quote