homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Underworld

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
SS.org Dweller

DMONSTER is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NAD EVH 5150iii is like an earthquake....

So i have never played through such an amazing sounding head in my life, the distortion on this thing is so damn meaty and punchy I absolutely love it, beats the axe fx (in my opinion) that i had before it.

Probably the only thing i can say bad about it is that my low A is a TAD muddy at times it seems, but then again I have a 62 gauge on there, and i dont have any kind of boost going into it, which will change soon
This thing has been able to get any kind of sound ive wanted out of it and its just so thick sounding

Ask any questions you guys may have, I'd like to get around to posting a video, but dont expect a whole lot if i get around to it, I have no professional audio/video recording equipment whatsoever just an iPhone, which actually takes decent videos sometimes, but you get the point

Anyways....

Best amp i have ever played and i honestly have never been so satisfied with a tone in my life, and the fact that it has 3 separate channels makes it plenty versatile enough for me, the cleans are pretty good on it too.

Got it off music123 used and can say they were really great to deal with, i called them twice for just general kinda questions about the condition of the amp and everyone i spoke to was very polite and when i mentioned being worried about it coming to me in shitty condition, they completely reassured that if anything happened or if it wasnt what i ordered, they would take care of me
DMONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 06-14-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

Underworld is a name known to allUnderworld is a name known to allUnderworld is a name known to allUnderworld is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
These amps are BEASTS! Congrats! Give a try to the 666 setting, you will like it!
capoeiraesp likes this.

<a href=https://www.facebook.com/pages/Progenies/452143194873352 target=_blank>https://www.facebook.com/pages/Proge...52143194873352</a>
Underworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:56 PM   #3

Decapitated is headed in the right direction.
SWEEEEET!!!! I just ordered a 50w with matching cab today. I can't wait!
Decapitated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #4
SS.org Dweller

Yeah i was originally go with the 50 watter as well but I couldnt find it in stock anywhere,i called like 5 different retailers and they said they were back ordered till september but oh well, now ive got the extra watts i guess

this thing sounds great at low volumes too which is a huge plus as im not playing in a band at the moment
Unread 06-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #5

Good to hear that it is good at low volumes. I got rid of my axe fx as well to fund this rig. Have you tried anything in the loop as far as reverb or chorus? I ordered a G Major II as well to run through the loop. Have you run an EMG-equipped guitar through it yet?
Unread 06-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
SS.org Dweller

No i actually dont have any pedals whatsoever to even try through the loop unfortunately, and I have only played it with my RG7621 with Dactivators and can say it is massive sounding as ever, very punchy, especially when you can get the tubes to open up you will not regret getting this amp
Unread 06-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #7
SS.org Regular

victim5150 is just really nicevictim5150 is just really nice
I've got the 50 watter with a black 2x12 and ivory 2x12 along with a black and ivory 100 watt and matching 4x12's. These amps are killer. You can get just about any type of tone you want out of them. Here's some vid of my first show with my Ozzy tribute. I was using both 100 watters with the matching 2x12's in stereo. One on each side of the stage. Sound is clipping but you get the idea.
OZZ - A Tribute to Ozzy "Suicide Solution" - YouTube
victim5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2012, 08:10 PM   #8

I like it, Victim!