homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By grantcooper2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-22-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
Tnarg

grantcooper2 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
NCD: Mesa/Boogie Vintage 80's Roadready Vertical Ported 2x12

I just picked this up, empty, for $100. I think I got a pretty killer deal and I think it suits my AXE FX II rig pretty nicely:

I stuck some EVM12L's in it but I haven't been able to crank it yet. So far it sounds pretty damn good though!

I am going to assume these are fairly rare because I can only find one or two images of the roadready version of this cab on google on this dude's flickr: Mesa/Boogie Roadready 2x12 med Black Shadow Element | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I had the EV's in a Vertical Port City 2x12 and they sound great but I am thinking of putting something else in that cab now (either greenbacks or some WGS Vertan 30's/ET65's) and running them in stereo and add a little flavour to the mix. This mesa cab is designed to be used with the EV's so it is a pretty great match!

Rig: AXE FX II | MFC-101 | Mission Pedals | Port City Pearl 100w | Port City 2x12OS | Mills 412b
Guitars: PRS Custom 24 Artist | Carvin DC800 | Carvin DC700 | PRS SE Angelus | G&L Tribute L-2000

http://www.noknovum.com
grantcooper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-22-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator

MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.MaxOfMetal has an entire closet full of viking hats.
I can't tell you how much I love those vertical Mesas. Great score man, I'm genuinely jealous.

Need help with setting up a trem?
Need info on your Ibby?
Live in Milwaukee? Please feel free to message me.

New Rules. Read Them.
MaxOfMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 02:30 AM   #3
Banned

Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.Stealthdjentstic is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Explain the pedalboard please
Stealthdjentstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:22 AM   #4
Tnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOfMetal View Post
I can't tell you how much I love those vertical Mesas. Great score man, I'm genuinely jealous.
Thanks dude! Yeah I am pretty pumped - out of curiosity I started searching around for a second one in case I fall in love but they are hard to come by even in the non-roadready style. I am pretty pumped. For $100 I thought why the hell not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthdjentstic View Post
Explain the pedalboard please
Sure. Pretty simple and standard AXE FX pedalboard setup. I have the Fractal Audio MFC-101 which controls all aspects of the AXE FX as far as patch changes/fx/etc. and then I have the spring loaded Mission Expression pedal on the left for an auto-engage wah. And then the black expression pedal for volume. An ethernet cable from the axe fx powers the mfc-101.

Rig: AXE FX II | MFC-101 | Mission Pedals | Port City Pearl 100w | Port City 2x12OS | Mills 412b
Guitars: PRS Custom 24 Artist | Carvin DC800 | Carvin DC700 | PRS SE Angelus | G&L Tribute L-2000

Unread 05-22-2012, 05:15 AM   #5
OOOAAARWWWRR

Wookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of lightWookieslayer is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Epic rig right there. Can't get much better than that for an Axe rig. Can't imagine the stereo goodness.

Randall V2 / Titan + RS412XLT100
Tech 21 Midi Mouse, Alesis Midiverb III
Schecter Omen, OLP MM5 bass

http://www.soundcloud.com/wookieslayer
My Youtube channel - Gear demos and stuff
Wookieslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #6
Tnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookieslayer View Post
Epic rig right there. Can't get much better than that for an Axe rig. Can't imagine the stereo goodness.
Thanks man. Yeah I should be able to test out some greenbacks for the port city on thursday - not sure I am going to go with them though but we will see. I will hopefully try some V30's that day as well. Should be a fun day of nerding out.

Here is the rig with the Port City for reference. I will get a family shot tonight!

Wookieslayer likes this.

Unread 05-22-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
Deadite

Larrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud ofLarrikin666 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Are you running the poweramp and cab sims with that rig? The Atomic is pretty flat and so are the EVs.

Victims of Contagion
Our Facebook page

Kemper(s) all up in this piece
Larrikin666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 03:41 PM   #8
Tnarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrikin666 View Post
Are you running the poweramp and cab sims with that rig? The Atomic is pretty flat and so are the EVs.
I run the poweramp sims yeah but haven't tried the cab sims much. I tested it briefly and it was sounding weird. It sounds great as is and the EQ/amps/poweramp parameters are more than flexible enough for my needs!