homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
SS.org Regular

WhiteWalls is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AMT P1, anyone tried it?

I've come to a good point in my quest to downsize my rig as much as possible (right now it's a laptop, interface, crate powerblock and 2x12 cab) but I heard really awesome clips of this pedal on youtube and I am ALMOST sold on it, because I had a 5150 for over a year (which I loved and I still do) and this pedal seems get really close, just 25kg lighter

But still I know that youtube videos can only give you a general idea, so if anyone tried it please tell me what you think!
WhiteWalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
SS.org Regular

geetar_geek79 has a spectacular aura about
I have the P1, E1, F1, and today the S2.

As far as the P1, I have never had or played a 5150 before so I can't really compare the two. With that said, the pedal sounds excellent imo. It feels and sounds like I'm playing through an amp instead of a pedal (it goes through an EHX magnum and a bogner cube). What's also amazing about it is it cleans up real well when you roll your guitar's volume down.

If you're thinking about getting the P1, I would go ahead and get the P2 instead. The difference between the 1 series and the 2 series is that the 2 has a clean channel when switched off, but that also makes it a non true bypass. Another downside is the clean has a fixed eq since the eq controls are assigned to the gain channel only. But on the flip side, the clean channel sounds like a nice fender and doesn't really need to be eq'd.

You should also consider the S2 as it sounds like the P1 boosted with a tube screamer - tight. The E1 I don't like much because to my ears it's lacking some low end.
geetar_geek79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
SS.org Regular

wakjob is just really nicewakjob is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wait a minute! You're telling me the series 2 AMT pedals are now available in the U.S.? I must have fallen asleep...got some searching to do.
wakjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

geetar_geek79 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakjob View Post
Wait a minute! You're telling me the series 2 AMT pedals are now available in the U.S.? I must have fallen asleep...got some searching to do.
yeah. I got mine from pedaldog.com

talk to tony over there. he doesn't have it posted on his site, but he has the S2, R2, and Vt2 in stock. his shipping is really fast too.

anyway, i don't know how a soldano is supposed to sound like, but the s2 definitely rocks!
geetar_geek79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
TMM
UUDDLRLRBAStart

TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.TMM is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 59 reviews
If I hadn't already spent my very limited $ on a Bulava, I'd be all over the Vt2. I really want to try one out to see how close it can get to that godly tightness.

Maybe the Bulava will be able to do it, too... apparently it takes a while to send a small pedal from Russia to here. I think they sent it on the back of a Ptarmagin or something, because the estimated time was 3-4 weeks, when I was able to send a couple amps from here to just East of Moscow in under a week.
TMM is offline   Reply With Quote