homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter
  
Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree2Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
SS.org Regular
 
RockerAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 214
Thanked: 0
RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which multi fx rack?

Still in a dilemma, no matter how many reviews I watch, feature lists I read or youtube clips I watch/listen to I can't make my mind up.

At the minute, I seem to have narrowed it down to either a Line 6 Pod HD Pro or G-Major 2 ... both have features I really like and features that really lack, unfortunately. I like the reverb and delay trails/almost 0 noise patch switching on the G-Major 2, as far as I understand, the Line 6 can't do this at all. Same goes for relay switching, so that you can change patches and amp channels all in the same button press.

At the end of the day they both have all the effects I need. What would you do? Line 6 for the added amp modelling for recording straight in in the studio or the G-Major 2 for pure effects?
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on SevenString.org
   
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
Giant Fridge Magnet
 
Ishan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Paris, France.
Posts: 4,270
Thanked: 25
Ishan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud ofIshan has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you don't really need the modeling, the TC is better.


Current rig : Agile Intrepid Pro with Lace Aluma Deathbar pickup -> Eleven Rack + TC G-Major -> ESI Near 5 Experience
My string tension calculator STC - supports most D'addarrio and Circle K Strings
Ishan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Theta Sagan Swords
 
mcleanab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bloomington, IN
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 13
mcleanab is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
What are you using for your amp/preamp?

I don't play out live, so I don't worry about switching fast or drag time between patches...

With that being said, ANY and all Lexicon units. Competition? Stomped like a narc at a biker rally...

Seriously: I have an old Lexicon unit and NOTHING compares with the quality of it's reverbs and delays. My Rocktron Xpression has a killer two voice chorus. And I am digging it's simple but very effective cabinet simulators and mic simulators as well...

But this might be outside of all your practical needs...

=========================================
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Impression, ISP Theta Combo!!! Lexicon MPX-1, MPX-G2, ADA GCS-2, Aria Diamond with EMG 85, Ibanez Semi-Hollow with EMG HA and HAX, Charvel Wild Card Pro Mod #6 Dreamsicle with EMG 57 and SAVX, Eminence Swamp Thang and Eminence Sub Woofer!
mcleanab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
SS.org Regular
 
RockerAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 214
Thanked: 0
RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcleanab View Post
What are you using for your amp/preamp?

I don't play out live, so I don't worry about switching fast or drag time between patches...

With that being said, ANY and all Lexicon units. Competition? Stomped like a narc at a biker rally...

Seriously: I have an old Lexicon unit and NOTHING compares with the quality of it's reverbs and delays. My Rocktron Xpression has a killer two voice chorus. And I am digging it's simple but very effective cabinet simulators and mic simulators as well...

But this might be outside of all your practical needs...
I have a Triple Rectifier at the minute, so I'll be going through it's FX Loop no matter what.

I've literally no idea what any of that is ...
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
SS.org Regular
 
Randomist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Leeds UK
Posts: 294
Thanked: 0
Randomist has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can't the GSP1101 do delay tails over switching? I think that was enabled in a firmware update.
It also has modelling, ability to load your own impulses and even some Lexicon stuff built in.
Randomist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:23 PM   #6
Yugen.
 
Aevolve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,135
Thanked: 23
Aevolve is just really niceAevolve is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
/inb4 first Axe-Fx suggestion

Aevolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #7
SS.org Regular
 
RockerAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 214
Thanked: 0
RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomist View Post
Can't the GSP1101 do delay tails over switching? I think that was enabled in a firmware update.
It also has modelling, ability to load your own impulses and even some Lexicon stuff built in.
Interesting, I've definitely overlooked this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachesMcKenzie View Post
/inb4 first Axe-Fx suggestion
Nowhere near enough cash, I'll probably never be able to afford an Axe FX 2 in my lifetime.
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
". . . . . . . ."
 
larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: clearwater fl
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 3
larry is just really nicelarry is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
axe fx is a good suggestion, but even in the used market a standard can still fetch roughly
a grand. also, iirc, none of the FAS units natively facilitate relay switching. Standard, Ultra or II --you will still need to invest in an amp gizmo or some other intermidiary midi
relay. i had to do this to my 2:100, by adding a highly liquid msa-r relay internally. it was
alot of effort just to get the modern voicing midi switchable, but it was a fun project.
also, the newer FAS units transmit 3.5 volt midi signals as opposed to the older 5 volt standard. so anyone thinking about using the midi-solutions relay will HAVE to purchase a
seperate power supply.

i will say that dispite the costly integration of going with the any of the FAS units, they are
indeed an excellent value. op, if you've got the means to grab one of 'em. go for it!



imo stick with the g-major unless recording is a real important goal. the GSP 1101 is also a
decent bet, since it has alot of features (relay switching, seamless patch changes, spill-
over, flexible routing, 24 bit dsp etc..), is geared towards live performance, can be
recorded with via usb and can be had on the cheap!!

". . . . . . . ."
comissioned: sii-8 scale
larry is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:18 PM   #9
SS.org Regular
 
RockerAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 214
Thanked: 0
RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
axe fx is a good suggestion, but even in the used market a standard can still fetch roughly
a grand. also, iirc, none of the FAS units natively facilitate relay switching. Standard, Ultra or II --you will still need to invest in an amp gizmo or some other intermidiary midi
relay. i had to do this to my 2:100, by adding a highly liquid msa-r relay internally. it was
alot of effort just to get the modern voicing midi switchable, but it was a fun project.
also, the newer FAS units transmit 3.5 volt midi signals as opposed to the older 5 volt standard. so anyone thinking about using the midi-solutions relay will HAVE to purchase a
seperate power supply.

i will say that dispite the costly integration of going with the any of the FAS units, they are
indeed an excellent value. op, if you've got the means to grab one of 'em. go for it!



imo stick with the g-major unless recording is a real important goal. the GSP 1101 is also a
decent bet, since it has alot of features (relay switching, seamless patch changes, spill-
over, flexible routing, 24 bit dsp etc..), is geared towards live performance, can be
recorded with via usb and can be had on the cheap!!
Unfortunately Axe FX is out of my price range completely, even used.

I'm liking the look of this GSP1101, I'd never heard anything about it until I read this post!
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
". . . . . . . ."
 
larry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: clearwater fl
Posts: 1,079
Thanked: 3
larry is just really nicelarry is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
prior to buying my ultra, i thought about buying two 1101s to run one in each
side of a carvin ts100. it doesn't sound too bad in YT clips, and since my first rack
mount rig i've learned to RTFM and tweak til i get what i need. given the gsp's
flexibility i don't doubt the ability to get a good patch, especially with alot of
tweaking.

check one out, they should still be going for around 300-350 used.

". . . . . . . ."
comissioned: sii-8 scale
larry is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #11
SS.org Regular
 
RockerAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 214
Thanked: 0
RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any other opinions out there? I'm open to everything at the moment.
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
SS.org Regular
 
flint757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,097
Thanked: 9
flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomist View Post
Can't the GSP1101 do delay tails over switching? I think that was enabled in a firmware update.
It also has modelling, ability to load your own impulses and even some Lexicon stuff built in.
Ya it does.

I have both the eleven rack and the gsp1101. Gsp1101 integrates really well with an amp and has great effects, but the pitch shifter and harmonizer are sub par everything else is awesome. The gsp can get some killer tones, but I feel like the eleven rack has better quality effects it just doesn't has as many variations or variety of effects hence why I have both.

The eleven rack can be got for like $500-$600 used and $720 refurb or $900 new with update pre-installed(have to buy it otherwise), some descent presets and the latest protools at sweetwater.

The gsp can be had on its own for dirt cheap for the controller 2 which IMO is a must with the gsp it will run you anywhere from $450-$650.

I've heard good things about the pod and obviously axe-fx is probably awesome, however, if this is your first multi-effects purchase you'd be lost if you got one. GSP is best with an amp IMO. Eleven rack sounds good either way and can be about $300-$500 cheaper than the axe-fx.

If you want a foot pedal with it the cheapest route is the GSP or HD500 because for g major 2, eleven rack and axe-fx you'd need to buy one. So the GSP and the HD500 would suit you best if that is what you need. Nice thing about the GSP and Controller 2 setup is unlike the HD500 you can leave the GSP on the shelf and have one cable on the floor. For the HD500 you'd have a bunch of cables running from the floor to whatever. Just some other things to think about before you make a decision.

Also, if you're not interested in amp modelling I've heard good things about the BOSS modeller's effects.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
SS.org Regular
 
RockerAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 214
Thanked: 0
RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint757 View Post
Ya it does.

I have both the eleven rack and the gsp1101. Gsp1101 integrates really well with an amp and has great effects, but the pitch shifter and harmonizer are sub par everything else is awesome. The gsp can get some killer tones, but I feel like the eleven rack has better quality effects it just doesn't has as many variations or variety of effects hence why I have both.

The eleven rack can be got for like $500-$600 used and $720 refurb or $900 new with update pre-installed(have to buy it otherwise), some descent presets and the latest protools at sweetwater.

The gsp can be had on its own for dirt cheap for the controller 2 which IMO is a must with the gsp it will run you anywhere from $450-$650.

I've heard good things about the pod and obviously axe-fx is probably awesome, however, if this is your first multi-effects purchase you'd be lost if you got one. GSP is best with an amp IMO. Eleven rack sounds good either way and can be about $300-$500 cheaper than the axe-fx.

If you want a foot pedal with it the cheapest route is the GSP or HD500 because for g major 2, eleven rack and axe-fx you'd need to buy one. So the GSP and the HD500 would suit you best if that is what you need. Nice thing about the GSP and Controller 2 setup is unlike the HD500 you can leave the GSP on the shelf and have one cable on the floor. For the HD500 you'd have a bunch of cables running from the floor to whatever. Just some other things to think about before you make a decision.

Also, if you're not interested in amp modelling I've heard good things about the BOSS modeller's effects.
Thanks for the in depth reply buddy.

I've been reading a lot about the GSP1101 today and some 11 rack stuff popped up too, when I watched the videos it seemed to be all about recording direct into Pro Tools and shit, which is not what I need a multi fx rack for. Amp models and direct in are all fine and well, but I need a rack that sounds great in the FX Loop of an amp. Relay switching is nice but not required, I could just pick up a Mini Amp Gizmo or something similar and MIDI pedals is a whole other story ... I don't wanna start into that headache until I can actually make my mind up on a rack. :/

Also, is it just me or do all these racks either have no loop pedal function or it's total shit? (5 seconds, really?) I guess I'll have to find myself a good loop pedal to go along with whatever I end up deciding on.
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
King of the Chatroom
 
smucarolina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 505
Thanked: 23
smucarolina is just really nicesmucarolina is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ROCKTRON INTELLIFEX OR REPLIFEX (HAS CHANNEL CHANGING CAPABILITIES TOO)

THANK ME LATER. GREAT FOR THE PRICE.

Head: EVH 5150 III 50w
Rack: Furman Power Conditioner
Cab: Bogner Cube
Pedals: Boss NS-2
Guitar: Ibanez RG7620

Looking to Trade/Buy:
Compressor Pedal, Overdrive Pedal

For Trade/Sale:
Furman Power Conditioner
Boss NS-2

Good deals with: roygbiv, Apep, benzesp, spawnofthesith, Greg Riley (Harmony-Central, Rig-Talk, and Sevenstring references)
smucarolina is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #15
SS.org Regular
 
flint757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,097
Thanked: 9
flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerAlex View Post
Thanks for the in depth reply buddy.

I've been reading a lot about the GSP1101 today and some 11 rack stuff popped up too, when I watched the videos it seemed to be all about recording direct into Pro Tools and shit, which is not what I need a multi fx rack for. Amp models and direct in are all fine and well, but I need a rack that sounds great in the FX Loop of an amp. Relay switching is nice but not required, I could just pick up a Mini Amp Gizmo or something similar and MIDI pedals is a whole other story ... I don't wanna start into that headache until I can actually make my mind up on a rack. :/

Also, is it just me or do all these racks either have no loop pedal function or it's total shit? (5 seconds, really?) I guess I'll have to find myself a good loop pedal to go along with whatever I end up deciding on.
Yeah I don't understand that either. In that case you'd get more for your money with the gsp or HD or even the BOSS. Well it matters to an extent because if you get a pedal board and it has relays then you have to run more cables and if it doesn't then an amp gizmo would do the trick, but with the foot controller and the gizmo that's a lot of extra cash to throw down on top and if you got the HD or BOSS that would be a little redundant.

Guitar decisions are so complicated.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 11:50 PM   #16
StraightEdge Revenge
 
Kristianx510's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Posts: 510
Thanked: 14
Kristianx510 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Line 6 POD HD for sure.
Kristianx510 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #17
SSBRO.org regular
 
CYBERSYN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sunny Coast, Australia
Posts: 6,730
Thanked: 47
CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I love my G Major, I especially got it for the relay switching.

My only complaint is the Flanger is not that great or maybe im missing something in the settings.
Aftermath1 likes this.

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #18
SS.org Regular
 
flint757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,097
Thanked: 9
flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Another question is do you need whacky effects or distortion effects? If you don't go g major route with like an FCB1010 or something. If you do then consider the other options...

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #19
SS.org Regular
 
RockerAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 214
Thanked: 0
RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint757 View Post
Another question is do you need whacky effects or distortion effects? If you don't go g major route with like an FCB1010 or something. If you do then consider the other options...
I just need nice reverbs, delays and pitch shifters (+ - 1 octave on top of original guitar tone type stuff) but I don't know if I want the amp modelling capabilities for recording in the studio ... decisions decisions.

EDIT: If I were to settle on a Line 6 POD HD Pro, does it have/support relay switching?
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
King of the Chatroom
 
smucarolina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 505
Thanked: 23
smucarolina is just really nicesmucarolina is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerAlex View Post
I just need nice reverbs, delays and pitch shifters (+ - 1 octave on top of original guitar tone type stuff) but I don't know if I want the amp modelling capabilities for recording in the studio ... decisions decisions.

EDIT: If I were to settle on a Line 6 POD HD Pro, does it have/support relay switching?
Rocktron Replifex!!! It has relay switching and is more durable than the Gmajor 1. Trust me!!! Very good units...if you look around can be had for under $150.

Head: EVH 5150 III 50w
Rack: Furman Power Conditioner
Cab: Bogner Cube
Pedals: Boss NS-2
Guitar: Ibanez RG7620

Looking to Trade/Buy:
Compressor Pedal, Overdrive Pedal

For Trade/Sale:
Furman Power Conditioner
Boss NS-2

Good deals with: roygbiv, Apep, benzesp, spawnofthesith, Greg Riley (Harmony-Central, Rig-Talk, and Sevenstring references)
smucarolina is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #21
SS.org Regular
 
RockerAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 214
Thanked: 0
RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smucarolina View Post
Rocktron Replifex!!! It has relay switching and is more durable than the Gmajor 1. Trust me!!! Very good units...if you look around can be had for under $150.
Where on earth can I find one of these? Are they even still in production? I can barely find any information on them at all, what does it do? Feature list?
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #22
SS.org Regular
 
victim5150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 245
Thanked: 15
victim5150 is just really nicevictim5150 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've had the Intellifex. Great unit. Great sounding and a great Price. I had a G-Major after that. Another killer unit. Ran it with a GCX loop switcher and Ground control pro. Currently using G-Systems for both my rigs cause I wanted to ditch having to carry around a rack and pedalboard. Got everything on the floor now. Another nice TC unit I have not seen mentioned is the G-Force. Pristine effects in that baby. Fairly reasonable prices used.
victim5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #23
SS.org Regular
 
RockerAlex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Belfast
Posts: 214
Thanked: 0
RockerAlex is headed in the right direction.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by victim5150 View Post
I've had the Intellifex. Great unit. Great sounding and a great Price. I had a G-Major after that. Another killer unit. Ran it with a GCX loop switcher and Ground control pro. Currently using G-Systems for both my rigs cause I wanted to ditch having to carry around a rack and pedalboard. Got everything on the floor now. Another nice TC unit I have not seen mentioned is the G-Force. Pristine effects in that baby. Fairly reasonable prices used.
Damn, that's literally gonna break my bank ... g major 2 400, gcx loop switcher 350 (!?), ground control pro 400? Is this no cheaper way to have a rack unit lol?
RockerAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
Tears Are My Bidet
 
HeHasTheJazzHands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 13,073
Thanked: 135
HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.HeHasTheJazzHands is the epitome of metal.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerAlex View Post
Damn, that's literally gonna break my bank ... g major 2 400, gcx loop switcher 350 (!?), ground control pro 400? Is this no cheaper way to have a rack unit lol?
Could save you a few hundred and get you a Behringer FCB. Don't worry about the name, the FCB seems to be the only Behringer product everyone likes.

Behringer FCB1010 - Thomann UK Cyberstore
HeHasTheJazzHands is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #25
SS.org Regular
 
flint757's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 5,097
Thanked: 9
flint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to beholdflint757 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerAlex View Post
I just need nice reverbs, delays and pitch shifters (+ - 1 octave on top of original guitar tone type stuff) but I don't know if I want the amp modelling capabilities for recording in the studio ... decisions decisions.

EDIT: If I were to settle on a Line 6 POD HD Pro, does it have/support relay switching?
I don't think it does.

Yeah a rack can get hefty with the costs. I haven't tried too many, I was going to go with the g-system, but I couldn't find one in good condition under $900 US and at that price I'd honestly have gotten myself an axe-fx. I too have heard great things about the g-force and seems to be cheaper, but then you have to buy a pedal board again. The FCB1010 has it's problems and you'll need to by the UNI chip (I think that is what it is called) because I've heard it has problems otherwise. If you buy it used chances are someone already did all that though.

"In Djod We Trust"

flint757 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Les Paul Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

SS.org proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2004-2014, SevenString.org. All Rights Reserved.