homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By phantom911
  • 1 Post By November5th
  • 1 Post By TRENCHLORD
  • 1 Post By leandroab

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
SS.org Regular

phantom911 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Painted 6505 Grill

Finally picked up a new 6505 a couple weeks ago. Wanted to customize it a little. Came out brutal

i went to a ninja parade, but i didn't see any ninjas
phantom911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 03-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
SSBRO.org regular

CYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to beholdCYBERSYN is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Looks awesome!

Make a rule where, who ever messes up gets punched in the face.

That is how I run my solo project. - Floppystrings

O GREAT now your gonna tell me theres no Great Shred Doughnut,who delivers strings and picks to all the good shredders on yngwies birthday... - mr_rainmaker

Search this site by going to Google and adding site:sevenstring.org after your search word!
CYBERSYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
Old Shredder

November5th is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up

I love it!Very cool idea.It turned out awesome man.
phantom911 likes this.
November5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
SS.org Regular

Thanks Just ordered some green chicken head knobs that will look sweet when they go on.

Unread 03-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #5
came and went

TRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to allTRENCHLORD is a name known to all
Nice mean green head splitting machine.
Blake1970 likes this.
TRENCHLORD is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 03:44 AM   #6
Brutalz researcher

kostein is a jewel in the rough
I love that color! Good choice sir, good choice
kostein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #7
Stay Negative™

leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.leandroab is pretty much the man.
I strongly approve of this message.
phantom911 likes this.

is the new black

RIP PETER STEELE

Music:
* www.soundclick.com/leandroabaurre
*www.soundcloud.com/leandroab

Guitar projects:

*Baritone 6 Conversion

Quotes:
* ''
I intend them to .... them with the long cock of the law." - Trashmanzac
* "
I think this mistake was the equivalent of a 6000 foot tall cock bukkake tsunami-ing Tokyo." - metallisuk
"I'm a big fan of the effects of alcohol." - Peter Steele
leandroab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #8
SS.org Regular

incinerated_guitar is a jewel in the rough
Nice finish! Looks cool as ....
On a side note...any particular reason as to why youre using the active input for passive pickups?
incinerated_guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
SS.org Regular

155 is a jewel in the rough
noice!
155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #10
SS.org Regular

WarMachine is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerated_guitar View Post
Nice finish! Looks cool as ....
On a side note...any particular reason as to why youre using the active input for passive pickups?
Not being a dick dude, just curios but i've always heard that if you had passive pups you should use the high output and if you had actives to use the normal....honestly i havent even tried the normal gain input with my passive d activators may do that later!
WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
Not being a dick dude, just curios but i've always heard that if you had passive pups you should use the high output and if you had actives to use the normal....honestly i havent even tried the normal gain input with my passive d activators may do that later!
Last time I checked, not to sound like a dick here either lol, you use the high gain input for actives, and normal for passives, because the normal input has a decibel boost. I get more gain out of the normal input, which confused the ....ing hell out of me at first Then I saw a dime amp demo (I was bored and watching any amp demo I could find one day) and they explained it for their inputs. So it struck me and I said, ooooh, the normal gain and high gain is talking about what kind of pickups you use! My buddy who uses a valveking said that about his not too long after I saw that video (he offered his amp as a backup when a stagehand threw an open water bottle off stage on to my amp, luckily it was fine)
Unread 03-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #12
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Last time I checked, not to sound like a dick here either lol, you use the high gain input for actives, and normal for passives, because the normal input has a decibel boost. I get more gain out of the normal input, which confused the ....ing hell out of me at first Then I saw a dime amp demo (I was bored and watching any amp demo I could find one day) and they explained it for their inputs. So it struck me and I said, ooooh, the normal gain and high gain is talking about what kind of pickups you use! My buddy who uses a valveking said that about his not too long after I saw that video (he offered his amp as a backup when a stagehand threw an open water bottle off stage on to my amp, luckily it was fine)
Hahahaha, its all good dude. I know how people can get carried away on here but anyway...yeah that does make some sense. ive looked at it for YEARS like you said dude, thinking wtf? of COURSE i want to use the high output lol. im anxious to try that out now
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #13
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Hahahaha, its all good dude. I know how people can get carried away on here but anyway...yeah that does make some sense. ive looked at it for YEARS like you said dude, thinking wtf? of COURSE i want to use the high output lol. im anxious to try that out now
The only thing that really kept me from using the high gain output on my amp was 1) the input for high gain was really stiff, felt like I was gonna rip something out with the cable, and 2) normal gain had enough gain for me, and I wanted to keep the cleanest tone I could get, though I now know it had even more gain than high gain
Unread 03-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #14
SS.org Regular

Quote:
The only thing that really kept me from using the high gain output on my amp was 1) the input for high gain was really stiff, felt like I was gonna rip something out with the cable, and 2) normal gain had enough gain for me, and I wanted to keep the cleanest tone I could get, though I now know it had even more gain than high gain
That's just crazy to think that would give you more gain im satisfied with my gain as well, i set mine to 4.5 and leave it there, and mind you im not a geezer that likes to play softer tones, its brutal as hell at 4.5 but that being said it doesn't surprise me that switching those around could be night and day difference...i was floored at how much BETTER the 5150 sounds when you cut the gain like that ...i wouldve never thought in a million years it would sound more aggressive by cutting the gain lol.
Unread 03-12-2012, 01:16 PM   #15
SS.org Regular

Quote:
any particular reason as to why youre using the active input for passive pickups?
Yes but apparently the wrong reasons, lol.

Unread 03-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #16
SS.org Regular

Quote:
That's just crazy to think that would give you more gain im satisfied with my gain as well, i set mine to 4.5 and leave it there, and mind you im not a geezer that likes to play softer tones, its brutal as hell at 4.5 but that being said it doesn't surprise me that switching those around could be night and day difference...i was floored at how much BETTER the 5150 sounds when you cut the gain like that ...i wouldve never thought in a million years it would sound more aggressive by cutting the gain lol.
Yes cutting the gain makes a WORLD of a difference. I hate an over saturated guitar tone, I keep my gain just high enough to give a brutal death metal crunch, while still maintaining clarity and articulation. Another big help, MIDS You wont believe how often I get complimented on my tone, and when they ask me how I get it I say "moderate gain, overdrive, gate, and MIDS". I think they hate me once I say that because they seem discouraged for some reason afterwards Another thing, I set my rig to compliment our other guitarist's rig, so his is a little bit brighter with less mids and more lows, and then mine is a tad darker with more mids to it and less lows, because the bassist is on my side, so I rely on him for the low end. I guess most guitarists never think about what they sound like in a band at the crowds perspective Anyways...a little off topic, nontheless, but still, proper setup of gain and eq makes your amp sound AMAZING
Unread 03-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
SS.org Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom911 View Post
Yes but apparently the wrong reasons, lol.
Were all human