homepage   sevenstring guitars   sevenstring registry   photo gallery   subscription   spy 
Sevenstring.org - The Seven String Guitar Authority
Go Back   SevenString.org > Music Discussion > Gear & Equipment
LIKE SS.org on Facebook FOLLOW SS.org on Twitter

Gear & Equipment Discussions on Racks, Amps, Cabinets, Tube vs. Solid State debates, effects processors, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-05-2006, 02:42 PM   #1

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It has arrived! (56k=Get your Star Trek tapes)

Went to the post office after work today, and picked up a neat little package.

A mysteriously small and mysterious package of mystery from Germany, eh? What could this be? Nazi gold? A lifesize Noodles action figure?

Fun plastic stuff full of air. Very handy when you want to annoy.

A Tropenot? What the hell could this be?

Oh, a Toneport! Man do I feel stupid! Not to mention look, sound and act stupid.

Lots of useless stuff inside the box.

Don't you just love shiny new things?

And here it is set up on my early '80's Sharp SA-155 stereo receiver.

After about an hour of testing it, I really like it. Sounds way better than the V-Amp 2 I used to have.

I know there are some Toneport users here, so if you could share your wisdom regarding the unit (oh and patches too! I'm looking at you LordOvChaos!) I'd be grateful.
Alpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Seven String

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
The Church of SEVEN
Super Moderator

eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.eaeolian is a happy camper.
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpo View Post

A mysteriously small and mysterious package of mystery from Germany, eh? What could this be? Nazi gold? A lifesize Noodles action figure?.

Division - American metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook, and Soundclick might eventually be updated, too.
eaeolian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
nice. Don't forget to share your patches.

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
metalguitarist.org

Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.Chris is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

A mysteriously small and mysterious package of mystery from Germany, eh? What could this be? Nazi gold? A lifesize Noodles action figure?.
+1

Amp: 6505+ / Recto 4x12s
Rack: Axe-Fx II / HD1221s
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
No More Mr. Nice Guy

Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.Michael is so metal, he bleeds rust.
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Nice. Haha, poor Noodles.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 02:53 AM   #6
-

metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.metalfiend666 can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Nice score dude, and rep for the Noodles gag
metalfiend666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 05:55 AM   #7

Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.Alpo is his own personal hero.
Finally got around to recording. Clips will be coming soon.

Short Toneport Clip

Man it's easy to record with this thing. The clip is quadtracked. Just some simple riffs I came up with. First some slow chugging, then a bit faster. No post processing on the guitars at all. There's no bass. Mixed on my headphones because I can't plug into my stereo.

Tell me what you think.

Last edited by Alpo; 12-06-2006 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Unread 12-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #8
SS Contributor

Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
What could this be? Nazi gold? A lifesize Noodles action figure?
Holy shit! Hysterical.

Rev.

Quote:
Tell me what you think.
A *very slight* bit muffled but otherwise it sounds great! Very nice tone.

Rev.

Last edited by Rev2010; 12-06-2006 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 04:30 PM   #9
SS.org Regular

jaredowty is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Tell me what you think.
Pretty sweet tone, dude. A bit muffled though, as Rev said.
jaredowty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 04:34 PM   #10
I'm your huckleberry

noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.noodles is an automated shredding machine.
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
A mysteriously small and mysterious package of mystery from Germany, eh? What could this be? Nazi gold? A lifesize Noodles action figure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaeolian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfiend666 View Post
Nice score dude, and rep for the Noodles gag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawdyson View Post
Nice. Haha, poor Noodles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
Holy shit! Hysterical.

Noodles
Division: American Metal without the suck.
kxksales@gmail.com
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #11
Sign Your Neg Rep Posts!

Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.Jason can play Erotomania with his toes.
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles View Post
man your hilarious..

"I wish TV had a knob so you could turn up the intelligence. The one marked Brightness doesn't work."

Gallagher
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #12
Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator

technomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnatetechnomancer is Odin incarnate
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Quote:
'ware the angry dwarf!

Nice score

Incoming
It's a surprise

Site Rules. Read Them.
technomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #13
:ubersquint:

OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.OzzyC can play Erotomania with his toes.
gotta love shiny new stuff

Quote:

You've got your head down
You've got your eyes closed
You look so pitiful now

Your body encrusted with ash
Breath heavy with toxins
Hair singed and matted
Clothes frayed and burnt

You are left with nothing
OzzyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 09:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2010 View Post
A *very slight* bit muffled but otherwise it sounds great! Very nice tone.

Rev.
I think the sound is a bit muffled because I'm mixing with headphones. I'll be getting some monitors as soon as I get paid, so I'll be able to make better mixes.

Thanks for the compliment! I was expecting to spend longer than 2 hours with the Toneport to get some decent results, but it wasn't that hard to tweak it to sound good.

I'm really loving this thing right now. I've been listening to my old V-Amp 2 recordings and the difference is pretty amazing, and I'd been tweaking those tones for over 6 months.
Unread 12-07-2006, 09:51 AM   #15
ALL HAIL DJOD

Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.Rick has more eRep than he knows what to do with.
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Sounds good. I can't wait to hear what you've got when you finish tweaking everything.

Head of Agile Gestapo

Line 6 XDS95-->Line 6 POD X3 Pro-->Matrix GT800FX-->Line 6 Spidervalve 4x12 cabinet
Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 10:38 AM   #16
SS Contributor

Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.Rev2010 is shredding to new heights.
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Noodles - you have me cracking up!

Alpo - It's not too badly muffled, just a bit. Nothing a little EQ brightening couldn't fix. For only 2 hours with the unit that's damn good work. But yeah, monitoring through speakers will be much better... well... so long as the speakers are set correctly (meaning the cut switches on the back) for your room.

Rev.

Rev2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2006, 03:19 PM   #17
Manager / RHLC

skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.skinhead is deemed true.
Quote:
A lifesize Noodles action figure?
Almost i cry laughing, was like this ROFLMAVVL (rolling on flor laughing my ass very very loud)

The toneport it's the one that my friend record the guitars.

http://www.myspace.com/dandelium

http://www.sounclick.com/dandelium

Congrats!

Back to da 'hood (sevenstring.org)
skinhead is offline   Reply With Quote